Waterfall video (P3 Pro)
852 6 2016-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronburk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4844216 ft
United States

I got my P3 Pro back in December and have been having a great time with it. One project that I wanted to do was a video of some waterfalls in a national forest in my home state of Alabama. I started working on it in January and have just finished up last week. A friend and I hiked to eight different waterfalls over four trips and I shot video of those. It was some pretty tricky flying at times because I was in a canyon so no GPS, pretty stiff breeze created by the waterfalls and so much stuff to run into! (I did have three crashes during the project). Anyway, here's the video if you want to take a look. I know, I know, it's eighteen minutes long, just sit back and enjoy the flight.

Now, if you're interested enough, there are links at the end of the video to two other videos, one is the "Behind the Scenes" video of how this first one was made, and the other is a "Crash Revival" video showing how I revived the drone after a water related crash that occurred on my last waterfall trip.

2016-4-9
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

very nice man very nice
2016-4-10
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Water and rock.  One goes with the other.  Very nice.  Thank you for sharing.
2016-4-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I wanted to share this article with you earlier today, which I shared on www.dpreview.com but it took me all darn night to relocate it for you...
http://petapixel.com/2013/06/27/how-i-created-a-four-story-tall-print-of-one-of-my-photographs/
I think this photograph might excite you... Hahaha

I love my Nikon D800. . .

RedHotPoker
2016-4-10
Use props
ronburk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4844216 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-4-11 01:35
I wanted to share this article with you earlier today, which I shared on www.dpreview.com but it too ...

Thank you! I enjoyed that. I like big prints, maybe not 4 stories but.... my office is full of 20x30's and I have one 24 x 72 pano that gets a lot of attention.
Yep, that D800 is quite a machine. I'm a Canon guy m'self, 5dMark III - love it.
2016-4-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, them extra large prints are great. Isn't it odd that Canon make an adapter for Nikkor lenses... But Nikon doesn't care about Canon glass... ;-)

Just an observation, between us and them. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-4-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't believe that cap rock didn't collapse years ago?
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules