New Inspire 1 firmware upgrade, cant' connect remote
3865 13 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariolinux
New

Mozambique

Hi there, yesterday i upgraded remote cause a message popped up on the app saying the RC needed to be upgraded, which I did, 'cause I was outside, flying.

The video signal was freezing so i thought it might be due to not having this new upgrade, whatever.

After downloading, i tried to to upgrade it said Upgrade Failed (for the RC).  Then when i tried to fly again it didn't connect, it didn't even go out of fly mode into travel mode.  

I have since updated the Aircraft to v 1.08.01.00, the app doesn't state any upgrades required. The app says Disconnected. The RC shows a very light blue light.

I am using the latest Android App version, 2.7.2.

It seems this is the firmware both on AC and RC, but the App doesn't show me the Remote Controller version (only shows App 2.7.2)  everything else N/A.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:05 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:05 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Anyone can help? Thanks!
2016-4-10
Use props
goodsoncy
lvl.1
United States

I had a similar (if not the same) issue. Updated firmware on AC. Then I attempted to upgrade firmware on RC and the DJI Go App was showing all "Up to Date". Powered up RC/AC and the status was showing not ready. If you view the release notes on the firmware update, it specifies that if both (AC and RC) are not updated to the latest firmware then they will not communicate do to the addition of encryption.

What i ended up doing (after reading on other forums) was installing the DJI Go App on another spare device (cell phone). Normally i use a Tablet. Once installed on spare cell phone and connected to RC, the update was prompted and updated successfully. Flew the drone the next day flawlessly.

Hope this helps
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You need to get that RC updated as well, as Goodsoncy pointed out you must have theRC updated for it to work.  If the GO APP failed to update the RC, and you are stuck with the Blue Light on the RC please follow my link.  You will need a simple USB thumb drive  that you will plug into the port on the RC transmitter.  My technique should only be used when the go app method has failed.  Be sure to read my link from top to bottom, then simply download my 1.6 file to the thumb drive and  install to a Clean Formatted thumb drive .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

donnie
2016-4-10
Use props
mariolinux
New

Mozambique

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 16:14
You need to get that RC updated as well, as Goodsoncy pointed out you must have theRC updated for it ...

Hi Donnie, thanks this is just brilliant. Should be part of DJI's FAQ's and quick solutions, really. The RC was brought up from the dead!

Now, I can't still see video on the app, that means the RC can start and fly the plane, but still not communicating 100%. That had happened before, I think due to the phone, a Samsung Note maybe, and that time it worked with an iPad 3, altough on the iPad (previous version of App, not this 2.7 something) couldn't change recording resoltion, could only record 4K which is heavy.

But thanks again! The RC has green light and I would recommend your solution to everyone i know, for sure!
2016-4-10
Use props
mariolinux
New

Mozambique

goodsoncy Posted at 2016-4-10 15:43
I had a similar (if not the same) issue. Updated firmware on AC. Then I attempted to upgrade firmwar ...

Hi goodsoncy, thanks for the help! I have brought the RC back from the dead with a solution from Donnie http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

The Inspire isn't still feeding video, it shows as disconnected but the RC is able to start it and at least put it into Travel Mode/Flight Mode. Tomorrow I will also try that option, with an iPad (I am using a Samsung Note phone), which I have used before when same no-video/connection occured and it worked.

Thanks!
2016-4-10
Use props
goodsoncy
lvl.1
United States

mariolinux Posted at 2016-4-10 13:03
Hi goodsoncy, thanks for the help! I have brought the RC back from the dead with a solution from D ...

Yea i tried with the usb flash drive and it did not work for me as well. Never had to update from a usb flash drive so I've never needed to use that method. Let me know if it works.
2016-4-10
Use props
rich3759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 771811 ft
United States

FYI

Inspire 1 firmware broke RC controller. Fixed!
2016-4-10
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

I to had to use another tablet with an earlier ver. of the go app installed
2016-4-10
Use props
mariolinux
New

Mozambique

goodsoncy Posted at 2016-4-10 20:46
Yea i tried with the usb flash drive and it did not work for me as well. Never had to update from  ...

Yes, it worked. But you need to format the USB drive and put that .bin file on the root directory. Just follow donnies link's instructions. It worked for me!
2016-4-11
Use props
mariolinux
New

Mozambique

goodsoncy Posted at 2016-4-10 20:46
Yea i tried with the usb flash drive and it did not work for me as well. Never had to update from  ...

Hi goodsoncy, this is what the DJI support team wrote to me today, but as I said before, it didn't work for me, so I used that USB flashdrive method:

Dear Mario,
Thank you for contacting the DJI technical support. We are sorry to hear about this issue .
Please try the following if you updated the RC first:
1. turn on your remote, aircraft and turn on your mobile device.
2. enter the DJI go app
3. Press the hat icon at the top right for 10 seconds
4. downgrade your rc
5. then upgrade your aircraft
6. after aircraft update is finished, pleas update your RC again.
Thanks for choosing DJI
With kind regards,
DJI NL Technical Support
2016-4-11
Use props
tshipps88
New

United States

My inspire is showing update needed for everything, camera, AC,RC,battery. I know the firmware update is required first or ill have issues. When i try to install the zip to the bird, it's not doing anything. trying to install 1.08.01.00
Please Help!!!
2016-4-29
Use props
tshipps88
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 10:14
You need to get that RC updated as well, as Goodsoncy pointed out you must have theRC updated for it ...

Last edited by tshipps88 In 2016-4-29 12:46 Editor

My inspire is showing update needed for everything, camera, AC,RC,battery. I know the firmware update is required first or ill have issues. When i try to install the zip to the bird, it's not doing anything. trying to install 1.08.01.00
Please Help!!!
2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

tshipps88 Posted at 2016-4-29 11:47

First off do you have the Inspire 1 or the Pro ?   Make sure you are getting the correct file.   
You are instaling the Bin file to the SD card not the whole zip file.  Are you using a MAC or PC.... We can use the MAC it is easier witha PC.

Have you updated before? if so were you current at 1.7 for aircraft and 1.58 for  the RC ?  

Make sure the SD card is formatted, do it on the aircraft , then load the Bin File.

If using a MAC be sure to format the SD card on the Aircraft and then load the BIN file Only to the SD card, the MAC automatically unzips the file but you must place the BIN file ONLY on the SD card.

Make sure Aircraft is off ( And for the love of god make sure the RC transmitter is off )  Then load sd card , then turn on aircraft.

read my tips page when you get a moment .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Let me know - donnie ****Be sure to respond to ME so I know i have a message, or I might not see it.

2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

tshipps88 Posted at 2016-4-29 11:47

The file you are trying to load should look like this :
It is the only file that is on the Root directory ( Not in folder ) of the SD card. The rest of the card SD  should be as empty as a Hermit's address book.

donnie
1.8 inspire file bin.PNG
2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules