Inspire 1 wont go back to travel mode.
5178 14 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zpeed
New

Finland

Ok, so here's the problem. I went to fly today, got setup, raise the drone, attached the gimbal camera etc. DJI GO app said that 'no signal'.  Well, i looked and there was firmware update to the RC. Updated and nothing. Then i ran into this problem. I couldnt enter the inspire back to travel mode. Lady in the app says that 'landing gear rising' and the led went green to blue. Tried flicking the switch again and the nice lady in the app says 'landing gear lowering'.
Then i checked if there was new firmware for the drone and there was. Left for home to update it. After updating the app said that it was safe to fly the damn thing and went outside to fly. Everything was perfect, but.. The landing gears didnt rise after the takeoff. It's still in raised position ready to fly, wont go back to travel mode..
Well, i got it to go travel mode. Don't know how i did it. Now i got it stuck in same position. Wont go to travel mode anymore.
I tried to downgrade the RC, but it wont show any firmwares. And i cant lower it manual because there is a plate front of the screw. (I have the X5 camera). I assume this is a firmware fault? Should i have updated the drone first, then RC ?
Oh and when the camera is connected the firmwares are the latest ones. FFs this is frustrating.
2016-4-10
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

All instructions say to update the bird first, with the RC turned off. Then update the RC.
Have you tried re-linking the RC to the bird?
2016-4-10
Use props
Olfbcn
New

Spain

Same problem here. Launch app and update rc first. Support only can do One thing. Send aircraft and rc to Ámsterdam.  Today talked with support in my country. Spain. New option before send the box. If you have 2 rc can try with the secondary....tonight try again...
2016-4-14
Use props
zpeed
New

Finland

Yeah, i got the bird go back to travel mode attaching the camera and then flicked the switch four times so the led turned to blue and camera powered out. Then i took the camera out of it and it came to travel mode. Left it there for a week and checked today if it would raise herself up. Yes it did.. And then i had problems to send her down to travel mode. When i tried to lower it, it went to fly mode, tried to raise the legs up. Nope, did something and got her to go back travel mode..
Is there anyway to downgrade the birds firmware to old one? Can't downgrade the RC firmware, because it doesnt show any files to downgrade. And i tried to re-link the rc to bird but it didnt help..
2016-4-16
Use props
medicdanderson
lvl.2

United States

I was having issues with the bird going back to travel mode as well, I think I figured it out. Forgive me, I'm a new inspire owner and used to the phantoms. I found that you truly have to have the bird set on a flat surface and let it down (or up) into travel mode. The bird kept going between gears all the way lowered and fully raised when I would try to put it in travel mode but I was also holding the bird. I know it instructs you to put the bird on a flat hard surface but didn't realize it was this crucial. Hope this helps.
2016-4-17
Use props
kentus555
New

Ukraine

"Is there anyway to downgrade the birds firmware to old one? Can't downgrade the RC firmware, because it doesnt show any files to downgrade. And i tried to re-link the rc to bird but it didnt help.."
I have the same problem =(
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

kentus555 Posted at 2016-4-19 07:20
"Is there anyway to downgrade the birds firmware to old one? Can't downgrade the RC firmware, becaus ...

Have you tried RC rollback  with a reliable wi fi connection on ?  All you need to do is make sure aircraft is off. Turn on the RC  attached to the I pad ( or device with go app ) from there go to the screen at beginning off GO  with the picture of the inspire on it.  Press the graduation cap in the top right hand corner of that page and press it  for about 15 seconds, now let go .  If you have a wi fi connection for the I pad it will show you the current firmware along with what it can be rolled back to.  Once you have rolled back to the matching FW for the Aircraft , get the Aircraft out of travel mode and then update the   Aircraft first to 1.8 and then update the RC to 1.6.  

Make sure  you rollback to the version that matches the aircraft, If you were up to date the Aircraft would be at 1.7 therefore the proper rollback of the RC tranmitter would be 1.58  .  If your aircraft has not been updated in a while  then I hope you remeber what version the RC was at before you updated.   

Are you saying you are stuck in travel mode because you updated the RC first before the Aircraft ?

If so follow my procedure above, when you rollback to the Last firmware THAT MATCHES THE AIRCRAFT (IF AT 1.7 ON THE AIRCRAFT THE RC ROLLBACK WOULD BE 1.58 )  

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A SOLID WI FI CONNECTION WHEN DOING THE RC ROLLBACK, IT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE.

donnie

2016-4-19
Use props
kentus555
New

Ukraine

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-20 00:29
Have you tried RC rollback  with a reliable wi fi connection on ?  All you need to do is make sure  ...

2016-04-18 18.30.18.jpg

Copter is not connected to RC. Here is a video..
https://youtu.be/YQgVGz2vvFg
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Ok, did you have wireless internet ?  . It will only work if you have wireless internet for the Go App  ROLLBACK VIA GO APP -- FOR THE POST ABOVE.  iF YOU HAD THE WIRELESS INTERNET AND IT STILL DID NOT WORK CONTINUE BELOW
-

Here is another way to roll back. I am going to give a LINK but LOAD 1.58 AND NOT 1.60   THE TUTORIAL SHOWS HOW TO LOAD VIA THE sd CARD TO THE rc TRANSMITTER.  use THE 1.58 FILE FIRST , THEN THE 1.60 FILE AFTER YOU ARE OUT OF TRAVEL MODE.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

I can give you the firmware 1.58 , load it to a SD card and then to a thumb drive.    Load it to the RC then.  Make sure you format the card and it is the only file on there .  DO NOT LOAD THE FILE I AM GIVING YOU TO THE AIRCRAFT ONLY TO THE RC TRANSMITTER.   load it the same you you do the aircraft but this file goes to the RC.  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/RC/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin

Just highlight the Link above and then righ mouse click and it will download this file.    Once you get this loaded, get the aircraft out of travel  mode and then load the aircraft with 1.80 anTHEN DO THE RC to 1.60.  

DONNIE

2016-4-19
Use props
Flightgeist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1347192 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-19 15:49
Ok, did you have wireless internet ?  .  It will only work if you have wireless internet for the Go  ...

Donnie, you replies are very helpful.  Do you know if there is a way to downgrade to 1.5.7?  My craft and controller were synced, then my camera was stolen.  I was preparing to sell the craft and controller and I updated RC firmware.  Now I cannot get craft to enter or exit travel mode.  The RC is linked and I can see the battery settings but no other control of the craft.  I tried downgrading the firmware to 1.5.8 through the DJI Go App but it won't downgrade any further.  Please help.
2016-10-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Flightgeist Posted at 2016-10-11 17:32
Donnie, you replies are very helpful.  Do you know if there is a way to downgrade to 1.5.7?  My cr ...

What  firmware is on the aircraft ?  You must have a compatible version to have proper function , also make sure the RCis in Master and not slave setting.  

sounds like the AC and RC are not on proper compatible ( Not matching ) FW.  

On the rollback screen can you scroll for other versions that may be stored on the Go app ?  Try it , in the oval try to scroll to other FW.

I will get back with you more later, family situation, I will get back to you

donnie
2016-10-12
Use props
Flightgeist
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, you are correct -- RC and craft not in compatible fw.  I have tried rolling back the RC to all available firmware versions but none of them work.  I have the RC in Master and even tried relinking.  It seems like maybe the best option is to see if I can borrow someone else's camera unit and upgrade craft firmware?
2016-10-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Flightgeist Posted at 2016-10-12 15:06
Yeah, you are correct -- RC and craft not in compatible fw.  I have tried rolling back the RC to all ...

Ok but when you rollback you may have to re link with the AC again, this is where I think you are failing, rollback to 1.58 on the RC, then re link on the Remote control to the Air Craft.   Be sure you can find the red button in the nose of the AC, it is on the top RT corner behind the silver screen of the Nose cap.

I know you said you tried this but try again, Are you re linking with the AC via the Red button  on the aircraft?

Le me know, I bet this  is it .
***Do YOU HAVE A BLUE FALSHING LiGHT ON THE BACK OF THE AIRCRAFT WHEN ALL SYSTEMS ARE ON ?

**** YOU cant update till you get out of travel mode, another camera wont help .

Can you call me right now on my cell  517 896----  I will get back with you  ,  Edit *****  I ran out of time.
send me an e mail if you want to talk

donaldjames1990@gmail.com
donnie

2016-10-12
Use props
Flightgeist
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-12 12:17
Ok but when you rollback you may have to re link with the AC again, this is where I think you are failing, rollback to 1.58 on the RC, then re link on the Remote control to the Air Craft.   Be sure you can find the red button in the nose of the AC, it is on the top RT corner behind the silver screen of the Nose cap.

I know you said you tried this but try again, Are you re linking with the AC via the Red button  on the aircraft?

Donnie, I know this message is extremely late, but thank you for your help.  I had something come up and wasn't able to reply to your message at the time, then this slipped through the cracks. But I appreciate your help, and I was able to eventually solve the issue.
2017-3-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Flightgeist Posted at 2017-3-15 05:52
Donnie, I know this message is extremely late, but thank you for your help.  I had something come up and wasn't able to reply to your message at the time, then this slipped through the cracks. But I appreciate your help, and I was able to eventually solve the issue.

Oh thats no problem, just glad you have it working .

donnie
2017-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules