Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DNG vs. JPG
5919 13 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214094 ft
United States

I recently shot some stills with the OSMO in a fairly dark old theater with warm colors and lots of details. When I compaird the jpgs to the DNG files the color was more accurate with the jpgs. No big deal except in the darkest shadow areas there blue specs all over on the DNG version but the JPGs look fine. Anyone else have this problem?
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
DNG is a standardized format of raw image data.
JPGS is a compressed image format, there's a amount of lost image data.
As for the dark shadow shows in blue, please read this webpage for further understanding: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/742343?tstart=0
2016-4-10
Use props
greg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-10 23:01
Hi,
DNG is a standardized format of raw image data.
JPGS is a compressed image format, there's a amo ...

The raw file has lots more detail but the the colors temperature varies quite a bit but with the jpg being more realistic. However the blue dots are not a clipping warning but are in the file.  It looks just like the warning but if I turn the warning on many more appear. Adjusting levels obviously changes the warning but not the blue in the file. I went as far as saving one as a jpg and opening it in Chrome and the dots are still there. I uploaded a jpg from the DNG and also the OSMO created jpg for comparison purposes.http://www.gregbarthphoto.com/gallery-image/Osmo-4-11-16/G0000QRz5ib.15W8/I00004SWFiB6NImU
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

greg@gregbarth. Posted at 2016-4-12 11:54
The raw file has lots more detail but the the colors temperature varies quite a bit but with the j ...

Thanks for the sample of pictures! Our engineers are working on it.
Before any judgement, could you please tell me what kind of program are you using to process the DNG and JPG pictures?
2016-4-11
Use props
greg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-12 01:51
Thanks for the sample of pictures! Our engineers are working on it.
Before any judgement, could yo ...

I used camera raw in Photoshop CC 2015. I appreciate the response! I can put the DNG file out there too if that helps.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

greg@gregbarth. Posted at 2016-4-13 01:06
I used camera raw in Photoshop CC 2015. I appreciate the response! I can put the DNG file out ther ...

Hi,
Thanks for your information!
Below are some of our further responses for you to fix the problem:
1) Please confirm that if this problem happens on each pictures you've taken?
2) Please find and download the DJI DNG Cleaner at http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads, after processing your DNG pictures in the DJI DNG Cleaner, do you still have the same problem?
3) If the DJI DNG Cleaner couldn't help you, please send us some DNG original sample pictures for our analysis, once our engineers figure out the cause based on the original pictures and if that's a real defect, we'll help to deal with your device ASAP.
2016-4-12
Use props
greg
lvl.1
United States

http://www.gregbarthphoto.com/gallery/OSMO-DNG-4-14-16/G0000CVYMolaUIhQ

Here are 4 images. Password is DJI  

It seems it has gotten a little weirder. I viewed the files in Bridge, Photoshop, Capture 1 and in Finder on my Mac all with the exact same problem. I uploaded them to my Photoshelter account to share with you and the image looks completely different and exactly like the jpg the camera created.  Have the engineer download the file and not just look at it from the webpage. I downloaded my own file and put it back into Photoshop where it had the same issues. Since Photoshelter seems to have fixed it I'd like to blame the software but since Apple, Adobe and Phase 1 can't seem to work with it I still have a problem.

The inside of the theater was really dark and I was not expecting usable images from it. The camera was on full auto but the iso had to be maxed out.  The images shot with a little more light did not seem to have the problem. And it may be coincidence but the images with problems seem to be shot pointing straight up or pretty close.

Thanks again-
Greg
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

greg@gregbarth. Posted at 2016-4-15 05:45

Here are 4 images. Password ...

Thanks for your DNG files!
Have you tried DJI DNG Cleaner? How does that work? In our experience and our knowledge, this similar issue can be fixed by using DJI DNG Cleaner, please have a try and let me know if you still have any problem.
2016-4-15
Use props
greg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-15 03:04
Thanks for your DNG files!
Have you tried DJI DNG Cleaner? How does that work? In our experience  ...

I did try it and it seem to have no effect on the files. Sorry for the delay as we went out of town last minute.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

greg@gregbarth. Posted at 2016-4-19 12:41
I did try it and it seem to have no effect on the files. Sorry for the delay as we went out of tow ...

Hi,
What do you mean by "it seems to have no effect on the files"? After processed with DJI DNG Cleaner, do you still have the same problem with the same program to open the pictures?

2016-4-19
Use props
greg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-19 03:20
Hi,
What do you mean by "it seems to have no effect on the files"? After processed with DJI DNG Cle ...

Yes. The image looks exactly the same.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

greg@gregbarth. Posted at 2016-4-21 10:06
Yes. The image looks exactly the same.

Sorry about that!
It appears that the effect is related to your photo editing software. However, if the problem troubles you all the time with all of your shootings, please contact your dealer for further assistance, you may need to return your unit to our service center for further analysis.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Any further feedback will be appreciated!
2016-4-20
Use props
greg
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-20 22:54
Sorry about that!
It appears that the effect is related to your photo editing software. However, i ...

If it becomes a bigger problem I will see about sending it in. I don't think it is a Photoshop issue as the files show the problem looking at the files in Finder on my Mac which does not use the Photoshop. But maybe something in OSX? Anyway, thanks for taking a look!
2016-4-22
Use props
Yvonne
New
Netherlands

greg@gregbarth. Posted at 2016-4-14 13:45

Here are 4 images. Password is DJI  

i have the same problems as well, dng files are very bad quality and the jpg are better but how do i solve this problem? the dng cleaner has no effect, in lightroom, photoshop also no effect. Can please anybody help me out here? I have the inspire 1 with the osmo x3 and the osmo mobile
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules