27808 309 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

skyeboysteve Posted at 2016-6-5 11:13
FWIW, I sent my P4 back to DJI in California.  The day after they received it, I got a notice that ...

What is your ticket number, I'd like to look into it and see about the exchange and it being dirty.
2016-6-4
Use props
ridge11103
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-4 21:27
We would need to see video footage of what you are experiencing. Again, any video submissions prov ...

How do I record and then download the flight data such as control inputs, "OSD" etc? Is there a tutorial or manual to cover these procedures?
2016-6-4
Use props
ridge11103
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-4 21:59
That is strange that you see an altitude adjustment after updating.
So you are saying that when y ...

I have just done another auto-takeoff test, and attach a 1080 clip of the results (I hope this is clear enough - the 4K is over 2GB). On this flight the P4 descent rate slowed below about 10cm agl. Yesterday, it actually touched down with full power on. Today, I had to rescue it as it was at risk of drifting back to the next step down - go to 4:40 in the video.

I still can't access the Flight Records with Assistant 2 (and the driver). The processes I see running on my Mac are Electron Helper, Assistant, DJIBrowser and VisionStarter. [Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite]. And I am still unable to downgrade to fw301 using Assistant. I did the upgrade with DJI GO (now wish I hadn't!), but it doesn't seem to allow a downgrade.

At the moment, I am reluctant to fly the drone in the wild, since I have no idea what other behaviours may have changed since the fw upgrade. I would be very grateful for any suggestions as to how I can return the P4 to fw301.

Sorry, video too big to attach! I will put in a Dropbox link here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghieuh ... ff%20drift.m4v?dl=0

2016-6-5
Use props
skyeboysteve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5616722 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-5 11:40
What is your ticket number, I'd like to look into it and see about the exchange and it being dirty ...

Thanks Ken.  Ticket number was: 16052128B-3407
PS.  Mr Clean Magic Eraser works wonders with a little dish detergent.
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

skyeboysteve Posted at 2016-6-6 04:33
Thanks Ken.  Ticket number was: 16052128B-3407
PS.  Mr Clean Magic Eraser works wonders with a litt ...

You said you sent it to the California repair center, their tickets are 6 digits.
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ridge11103@btin Posted at 2016-6-5 18:01
I have just done another auto-takeoff test, and attach a 1080 clip of the results (I hope this is  ...

Not sure why you cannot get the DAT files from the P4.
Can you take a video clip with your phone of the aircraft hovering, the video looks fine to me, maybe just a IMU, compass, and gimbal calibration is all it looks like it needs to me.
2016-6-5
Use props
ridge11103
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 00:58
Not sure why you cannot get the DAT files from the P4.
Can you take a video clip with your phone o ...

Thanks, Ken.

I'm very frustrated over the .DAT file access. Presumably I'm doing something wrong, or not doing something right. I can't find any instructions. Can you provide them, or point me to a source? The DJI P4 manual on p45 advises using the DJI GO app "Discovery" tab while connected to the MC. But this option is not available in the current version of the app.

The first thing I did after the fw upgrade was a complete re-calibration. I have since checked that the base on which the MC stood is level (spirit level and iPhone compass app: dead level within 1º error). I'll try again, but I should also mention that yesterday I risked a repeat of a local flight with fw301 for which I have a good video record. This showed that at heights from 30 to 50 meters the MC was not drifting at all - a 360º pan rotation came back to the exact horizon point it started on. So that is for me very good news.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ridge11103@btin Posted at 2016-6-6 18:56
Thanks, Ken.

I'm very frustrated over the .DAT file access. Presumably I'm doing something wrong, ...

When you plug the P4 intot the Assistant2 software, choose Flight Record then choose the FC and Vision Module File for the flight in question and that will upload the files from the aircraft to your comouter.
Assistant2.jpg
2016-6-6
Use props
ridge11103
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 15:20
When you plug the P4 intot the Assistant2 software, choose Flight Record then choose the FC and Vi ...

That's very clear. Unfortunately, on my system the files never appear. Assistant just sits there spinning its little wheel with the column headings and "Save" button as in your screenshot. I have left it for as long as 30 minutes, just in case. [iMac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite]

But Assistant 1.0.4 is now allowing me to both up- and down-grade. Excellent! I like the video improvements in fw411, so will adopt it and live with the slow downward drift. But nice to know that I can always change my mind and revert.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ridge11103@btin Posted at 2016-6-7 20:16
That's very clear. Unfortunately, on my system the files never appear. Assistant just sits there s ...

Glad you got it all working.
On your Mac you have to make sure you install the Assistant2 AND the driver.
Here's a tutorial video

And here's a link to all the DJI Support videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/videos
2016-6-7
Use props
skyeboysteve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5616722 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-6 06:42
You said you sent it to the California repair center, their tickets are 6 digits.

DJI-Ken, sorry, guess I confused the Ticket number for Case Number.  Do you mean RMA? The last six digits of the RMA are: 295011; if this is what you mean.  That's the RMA number that was printed on the address label--which was just six digits.  The RMA given via email, is super long, but seems to include the date and time the RMA was issued, as a prefix.
2016-6-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-5 11:40
What is your ticket number, I'd like to look into it and see about the exchange and it being dirty ...

Got it. I've made a note of it and sent to the repair manager.
2016-6-7
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WTF??      
2016-6-14
Use props
ktusa7
lvl.2

United States

I WAS THE CREATOR OF THIS FORUM AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT AS OF YESTERDAY I AM NOT HAVING DROP OF ALTITUDE ANYMORE!! NO MORE YOYO EFFECT!!!! Finally after updating to .411 and doing a COLD IMU Calibration (I put the P4 inside the refrigerator for 15 minutes WITHOUT BATTERY) then did a quick IMU Calibration Cold. NO MORE LOOSING ALTITUDE!!! Only in Sport Mode when coming to a Quick Stop it goes up 1 meter then goes back down. I'm very happy and thankful. NOW I LOVE IT!!! THANK YOU DJI FOR TRYING TO FIX THIS ISSUE!!! Yesterday test:
I had drop of altitude and yoyo effect without COLD IMU on Firmware .40 see video:   
I hope this help anyone who is having this problem. Always update via computer with Assistant 2, always make sure to update all batteries, COLD IMU calibration after any updates, and ALWAYS Calibrate Compass before flight.
I will keep doing more tests and keep you updated of any issues. Thank you DJI.
2016-6-15
Use props
Reveret
New
Flight distance : 28419 ft
United Kingdom

Just a bit of news regarding the altitude drop issue. I was suffering from this myself. The first drone I had it was hardly noticeable but it was still there albeit very minute. My second drone however had bigger altitude drop problems, so much so I had to throttle up hard to stop it flying into the ground. Although it was annoying I lived with it and just had to remember to be aware it could drop after braking and just to be ready to throttle up in case it did. It's something we shouldn't have to do but necessary to prevent crashing into the ground or trees or some other object.  

The other day I was being prompted to install new firmware for my aircraft (V01.02.0503)  and since then my drone has been responding the same way my first drone did.  Occurrences of altitude drops do seem to have been greatly reduced and when they did the drops were very small indeed. I tested it yesterday going back and forth and it hardly dropped at all even under fast passes and hard braking. Flying close to the ground is still a little unnerving at it still tends to drop slowly to the ground when flying very low and I was flying over grass (GPS mode).  There was an issue with the quality of my video transmission feed after the update was applied which I think has now been rectified.  I am still in the process of testing so will keep you posted if anything weird happens.  It would be nice to know what DJI fixed or changed to address the altitude issue that a lot of people are suffering from. I don't know if others will report the same findings that I have done since upgrading. It would be interesting to see what they are and for DJI to actually say what the problem was if the update has gone some way to rectify the problem for a great many phantom 4 owners.
2016-7-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

V01.02.0503 seems to have sorted the drop issue for me, managed a few short test flights the other day and all seemed well. Very stable in the air overall. And as far as I could see horizon was stable (which was fixed for me with 1.1.410 I believe).
2016-7-27
Use props
paul
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

alistair.hutchi Posted at 2016-4-11 08:21
I crashed my Phantom 4 today after it dropped after finishing a Waypoint run.  Thankfully no (major) ...

I created a route today using 3 waypoints. The 1st run was uneventful (the first wp was 12 ft AGL, same for second wp; 3rd waypoint was 80 ft.). I ran the route a second time and I lost about 3ft on wp 1 and wp 2. I ran it for the 3rd time and lost another 3 feet on both wp1 and wp2. At low altitudes, this could be a major cluster. As a matter of fact, on the 3rd run, it got so low that the obstacle avoidance feature kicked in when I approached a large bush - that I had safely over-flown just minutes before.
A few days ago, I downloaded the latest firmware in which it was stated the altitude loss issues were addressed. Ahhhh.... no...
2016-7-30
Use props
fans8b9ff5f8
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

When i am flying with max throttle, my P4 increase the altitude. After a time it goes back to the original level.
My another issue is when i release the throttle stick after full throttle, the P4 also increase the altitude sometimes 40-50 feets. After a time it also goes back to the original level.
Any suggestion?
Thanks
2017-1-27
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

fans8b9ff5f8 Posted at 2017-1-27 23:16
Hi Guys,

When i am flying with max throttle, my P4 increase the altitude. After a time it goes back to the original level.

Hi, have you read through all of the above posts and tried any of the solutions? It may relate to your aircraft's problem, FW changes, calibrations etc.
2017-1-27
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Not all P4's do this.  My Phantom 4  does everything it says it will. Even after high speed run and heavy breaking.....no drop or rise.
I have never used the DJI GO,  just the DJI GO4.   SO maybe there is some data left over from the GO that isn't  deleting from sys.
I also see in at least one of these vid's that starting point is over grey soil.  very grey.  I have seen a warning bout mono colored surfaces being a poor
area to fly.
and water. I also took note that the palm trees were swaying a lot too.   So maybe non stationary leaves and such affect p4 too.
At least on my P4....all sys are GO.......4
I hope this helps
2017-1-28
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2016-4-13 12:36
All the P4s do this and countless other issues have also been reported and noted.
There is truly a lot of software or hardware issues that need to be rectified asap....

Hmmm, my Phantom 4 has never done this.  However it did flip over and fly inverted into the ground.  Does anyone know why this occurred?  It is at DJI's for repair now.
2017-1-28
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

The altitude drops were real and were addressed with a fw update a long time again. This is why it doesnt happen anymore
2017-1-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-1-28 17:45
Hmmm, my Phantom 4 has never done this.  However it did flip over and fly inverted into the ground.  Does anyone know why this occurred?  It is at DJI's for repair now.

The altitude drops problem was fixed back in July with the release of firmware 1.2.503 for the Phantom 4.
2017-1-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-1-28 17:45

"However it did flip over and fly inverted into the ground.  Does anyone know why this occurred?  It is at DJI's for repair now."

What were you doing when it flipped over and flew into ground, was it flying at altitude or sitting on the ground with motors running ?
2017-1-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans8b9ff5f8 Posted at 2017-1-27 23:16
Hi Guys,

Try a calibration of the sensors using DJI Assistant 2, that has been known to fix some altitude variation problems.

Probably a good idea to do all calibrations sensors (DJI Assistant 2), MU (level surface), Gimbal (just after IMU), RC sticks (aircraft switched off), and compass (open area, no ferrous materials, pipes, power cables etc nearby).
2017-1-29
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-29 09:45
"However it did flip over and fly inverted into the ground.  Does anyone know why this occurred?  It is at DJI's for repair now."

What were you doing when it flipped over and flew into ground, was it flying at altitude or sitting on the ground with motors running ?

It was at 417 feet making a photo then I started a descent.  I was not watching it because it was way in the clear and the descent to the landing spot was straight with nothing to get in the way.  Then I happened to look up and it was falling FAST.  It was maybe 100 feet high when I reacted to the fall and applied more power to stop the fall, not knowing it was upside down.  This only added to the speed coming down.  I am very surprised that the drone was not a flat pile of rubble but it was mostly intact.  I put on new props and powered it up and it flew perfectly, only the gimbal was off.  

I am hoping someone can tell me how this happened so I can avoid the situation that caused it.  Maybe DJI can extract the logs and determine what happened.  Thanks for you post.
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-1-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Did u accidently hit csc command? Left stick down and to right and rth button?
2017-1-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-1-29 11:07
It was at 417 feet making a photo then I started a descent.  I was not watching it because it was way in the clear and the descent to the landing spot was straight with nothing to get in the way.  Then I happened to look up and it was falling FAST.  It was maybe 100 feet high when I reacted to the fall and applied more power to stop the fall, not knowing it was upside down.  This only added to the speed coming down.  I am very surprised that the drone was not a flat pile of rubble but it was mostly intact.  I put on new props and powered it up and it flew perfectly, only the gimbal was off.  

I am hoping someone can tell me how this happened so I can avoid the situation that caused it.  Maybe DJI can extract the logs and determine what happened.  Thanks for you post.

Have a look at this link Jim. if you upload your flight record to

Phantom Help

Instructions on how to find files are on that page as well, if you can post a link to the results in this thread then it just might be possible to identify the cause.
2017-1-29
Use props
C. Dave Pappas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223468 ft
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-1-29 11:07

Sounds like complete loss of power if it was coming down inverted.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules