Converting a Phantom to a raceing quad...
1918 3 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nolanwethington
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

United States

I know this sounds like a duanting task but let me explain... I just purchesd an Inspire so I no longer need my Phantom 2; I want to turn it into a racing quad. Ill keep most of the parts like the Flight Controller, the transmitter, and receiver. The thing that I need help with is the Propulsion System and the ESC's. I know DJI just came out with new ESC's but are they fast enough and will they work with the Phantom flight controller? Any knoledge or tips that you have would me in this project! Thanks
Also- I am building a custom frame so space is not a concern.
I am using a GoPro for FPV
And a Phantom FC50 battery
2016-4-11
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just rip the camera out. That should makes the copter light enough to race. I would saw off half of the landing legs. If you are into DIY kit, you can swap the motors and the ESC and the FC boards also. I would love to see someone make a duct fan version of Phantom.
2016-4-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like fun, I want to convert my old phantom into some kind of starwars racer
2016-4-11
Use props
nolanwethington
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2016-4-11 16:18
Just rip the camera out. That should makes the copter light enough to race. I would saw off half of  ...

I agree, however I`m going to do more than just take the camera out. I also want to replace the motors and ESC`s. Do you have any suggestions?
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules