Question about the log
828 4 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero Flow - Ima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2728835 ft

We had an unusual situation and an accident with I1.
We do not know if the Fail Safe activated or not, it may be the cause of the accident.

So we have a question, the Log tells you if triggered the fail safe?

Thanks!

2016-4-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the logs will tell you that information.

There are two logs. One on the RC side and one on the aircraft side. Together, they show both sides of the Inspire conversation.

The RC-side log is created by the GO App and saved to your mobile device. This RC side log will show GO App or RC initiated actions and communication with the aircraft. The log is given a .TXT extension but is actually a binary log. Many web sites such as Healthy Drones can read and provide feedback from this log.

The aircraft-side log is stored on the main controller board and shows the commands that the aircraft received and the actions it took. This log is retrieved using the GO App and placing the aircraft into Flight Data mode, which makes the aircraft Flight Data log storage available via USB connection to the connector on the tail of the Inspire under the status LED. DJI has a log reader for this .DAT file log. There are fewer web sites that translate the .DAT file, but there are utilities to convert them to CSV files for review.
2016-4-11
Use props
Aero Flow - Ima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2728835 ft

terrylewis Posted at 2016-4-12 03:48
Yes, the logs will tell you that information.

There are two logs. One on the RC side and one on th ...

Thanks very much!
2016-4-11
Use props
bzenergy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4225325 ft
United States

Is there a way to view the logs on my PC without downloading from a third party that tries to add all kinds of crud in the download like ads. I just want a reader for non-technical people. I can view the flight logs on my iphone through the Go app but I would like to keep all flights and not take up my phone memory. Yes I did copy the dat files to a folder on my PC.
Maybe I am not looking in the right place in the DJI store.

Any help????
thank you for your time.
2016-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

bzenergy Posted at 2016-6-16 04:28
Is there a way to view the logs on my PC without downloading from a third party that tries to add  ...

Please contact dji.com/support, select your region and method of communication.  They will be able to assist with the Flight Data Log.  The reader is proprietary and is only available internally.  It is not user friendly.
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules