Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Opinions about AUTOPILOT
1624 17 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

I would like to hear opinions about the AUTOPILOT application, developed by AutoFlight : https://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot/                         Someone who is using Autopilot could tell us something about this application?.
Thank you.

2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Wanted to try it out so many times... still got no chance yet
2016-4-11
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-12 15:51
Wanted to try it out so many times... still got no chance yet

I have seen the youtube videos and tutorials on their site, and I would like to hear something from someone that already is using it . It looks sophisticated at first sight, but ............it works as they say?
Now they have a Beta test version for the Phantom 4. They supposedly only work on Dji products.
I think that's a good point of confidence. If no one thinks otherwise, but with arguments.
So we are here with open ears to receive as much information as possible.

" Who does not know is how he does not see " Confucio?
2016-4-12
Use props
harb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99986539 ft
Australia

I use it with my Inspire 1 and it is great !

It lets the bird fly much faster.......
I was going to test the speed it lets you fly , but I haven't been out yet.
It does overcome a lot of DJI GO's limitations, and I think between the 2 you have most things.
So yes, I would recomend it.....it really is very "configurable"
If I have a complicated shoot, its definately my goto program.

Also use Litchi.....its really nice and super easy to use.....doesn't let the bird fly quiet as fast, and is somewhere in the middle.
Its very easy to plan missions though.....I do it on my desktop with goole earth, upload it to Litchi, and then you can download and use it on any of your flying devices....easy as.

So load them all up...they are all good tools to have, some work better than others in certain situations
2016-4-12
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

harb@bigpond.ne Posted at 2016-4-12 17:02
I use it with my Inspire 1 and it is great !

It lets the bird fly much faster.......

Someone wrote something about RTH issue and the consequence of losing connection in this application.
Have you hear something about that?
2016-4-12
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-48748-1-1.html
2016-4-12
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-13 02:38
http://forum.dji.com/thread-48748-1-1.html

microcyb, as you can see I started both threads ,I would like to know the opinion of those who use Autopilot on both models, because I changed my Phantom, and probably I'll buy an Inspire X5 or X5R ¿? (Waiting for results) .
Thank you
2016-4-12
Use props
offshorecl1
lvl.2

Belgium

Bullflyer Posted at 2016-4-13 01:33
microcyb, as you can see I started both threads ,I would like to know the opinion of those who use ...

It's SUPER SW!!!
It does overcome a lot of DJI GO's limitations.
I would recomend it too!
2016-4-12
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Bullflyer Posted at 2016-4-12 18:33
microcyb, as you can see I started both threads ,I would like to know the opinion of those who use ...

Ahh you did.  OK
Well all I can say is if you have the budget then I would get the software and the Inspire.
I have heard good things, but sadly do not have either.
2016-4-12
Use props
dwaiteretired
lvl.2

United States

Autopilot software enhances dramatically the Inspires capabilities. With it you will get videos that aren't possible with DJI GO. Autopilot is well worth the cost. It's very capable with a lot of options and configurations which can make it seem complicated. Watching the videos and reading the manual will give you a good education and you won't have problems. There is currently a RTH issue on the DJI side with all 3D party software that is secheduled to be fixed by DJI with the next firmware release.
2016-4-13
Use props
ml
New

United States

OMG made the leap and flew my first "Patrol" by Autopilot on my Inspire 1... what a scary thrilling experience!  I used Waypoint mode to send my bird up and out a half mile, fly a loop and return. When I hit Engage the drone suddenly took off and flew to 350 ft and then on a zipline a half mile away, taking video all the time. i held my breath and my heart raced until I could see the mission was continuing as planned, and my drone ended up hovering over my head, amazing! That was the farthest I've flown my Inspire 1. Autopilot is tremendously powerful, but beware! Make sure you understand what it's doing and that your settings are correct or you could be surprised!! I am hooked on Autopilot and can't wait to create new Flight Plans for all the spots I want to go. Fun, highly recommended!
2016-6-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This App is outstanding!  You would not be disappointed at all.

I have responded on this many times before. you can see the threads by searching the Inspire 1 area

this is the last one from me
http://forum.dji.com/thread-55503-1-1.html

PS  I like your avatar photo!!
Rich
2016-6-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

ml@stonover.com Posted at 2016-6-23 11:07
OMG made the leap and flew my first "Patrol" by Autopilot on my Inspire 1... what a scary thrilling  ...

Wait till you are out 3 + miles , Your knees will be knocking the first time .....

Good times

donnie
2016-6-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-23 13:21
This App is outstanding!  You would not be disappointed at all.

I have responded on this many times ...

Oh yea, that Avatar is  so cool , I love it !!

donnie
2016-6-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

ml@stonover.com Posted at 2016-6-23 11:07
OMG made the leap and flew my first "Patrol" by Autopilot on my Inspire 1... what a scary thrilling  ...

Which on e do you have for auto-pilot ?

thanks

donnie
2016-6-23
Use props
adam1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326421 ft
United States

Great app.  So powerful.  Definitely recommend
2016-6-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-23 11:56
Oh yea, that Avatar is  so cool , I love it !!

donnie

I can tell by this avatar photo that I would not fit inside that glider...  
I barely fit inside my Pitts Special Bi-plane... when I was younger

Rich
2016-6-24
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft

Just to chime in and add one more recommendation, Autopilot is likely the tool you will use most often for autonomous flight. Period. (until something better comes along)
2016-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules