Battery temperature
1120 4 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artcuevas
lvl.1

Mexico

I flew my P4 this weekend and I noticed that the battery temperature after the flight was 60ºC (140ºF), while the air temperature was 32ºC. I have read that operating above 40ºC it's not within the operating temperatures of the battery. My question is how hot can the battery get whitout there being any risks? Please note that I am referring to the actual temperature of the battery itself, and not to the temperature of the environment.
2016-4-11
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

I wont fly my p3p in that hot situation. I just fly early in the morning or in the evening. Never in the bright hot mid day.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Please handle your drone carefully when the battery temperature is higher than 60°C. You will get a message on the screen when the battery is overheated.
2016-4-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-12 10:41
Please handle your drone carefully when the battery temperature is higher than 60°C. You will get a ...

At what temperature will the battery overheat?  Personally I'd rather monitor it & land before there's a problem, as I'm sure the OP would.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-13 00:39
At what temperature will the battery overheat?  Personally I'd rather monitor it & land before the ...

You will get this message around 70°C. But if the temperature is over 60°C, be careful and it is recommended to land asap.
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules