Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Pro new firmware bricked
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like I'm another victim of the firmware brick job with accompanying "no signal" and no video output....   

Well, I attempted to update my P3P on sunday.  The update went fine for about 20 minutes and then the steady beep and steady red light... ugh!  So I tried all day to reformat, reinstall, tried different SD cards but no luck.  I tried everything plausable.  I pulled the hidden log and saw the dreaded [08 00] and [15 00] devices not detected.  From what I've read I'm up a creek with no paddle and it seems like the only option is to contact DJI.  I purchased it last july and used it until about August.  I put it away for the winter and now this!  I'm just afraid that if the problem is inside the camera/gimble (the video out logic board), I'll be stuck with an expensive repair (the gimble is listed as a 6 month warranty) for a copter that was in pristine condition.  No crashes ever.  Always kept in a case.  And yes, I did follow the instructions for upgrading to a T. So if this is known issue with some firmware updates, will DJI fix/repair since really all I did was update the aircraft like I'm supposed to?

Also, I'm getting no video feed and the no link error.

2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It is a hardware issue. I'd suggest you to contact our service center in north America for the RMA:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-12
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-12 05:30
It is a hardware issue. I'd suggest you to contact our service center in north America for the RMA:

Thank you.  I was contacted quickly and my device should arrive to DJI California tomorrow.  I just hope the repairs aren't costly especially since all I tried to do was update my firmware.
2016-4-12
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-12 20:56
Thank you.  I was contacted quickly and my device should arrive to DJI California tomorrow.  I jus ...

Good luck!  keep us posted.   hoping its a cheap repair or free due to hardware failing recommended  firmware update.
2016-4-12
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-12 23:27
Good luck!  keep us posted.   hoping its a cheap repair or free due to hardware failing recommende ...

I'll keep you guys updated.  I hope so also.  It was just disappointing that it happened on a routine firmware upgrade.  It's going to make me uneasy the next time there is an upgrade.  Right after I sent it to them on my dime, I received another email from DJI with a shipping label.  I did remember in the the RMA email they said "some repair cases may qualify for pre-paid shipping", so I'm wondering if they acknowledged the fact that this is happening randomly to people just trying to upgrade.
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules