Beware Certain Facebook Group Admin Behaviour
1153 3 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

Here is a word for word copy of a post I have made on many of the Inspire Facebook Groups and felt it worth posting here to warn others of the tactics undertaken by some of the unscrupulous and immoral Group Admins.  If inappropriate to post here then please feel free to delete.  Suffice to say I was banned from ALL groups run by the same Admin team within 2 mins of making the post.  This is despite offering continued support to their Groups and particularly the Admins who regularly requested and received free products from me.

THIS IS HOW THE DJI INSPIRE 1 OWNERS GROUP AND ALL GROUPS RUN BY THE SAME ADMIN TEAM ARE BEING RUN.
It is with regret that I feel there is a need for the people of this group to understand better the personalities of certain individuals running the DJI INSPIRE 1 OWNERS group and their affiliated groups. Many of you will know of me and my small enterprise, Aero3D, which has been supported by and supportive of the DJI Inspire 1 Owners group with thanks to Curtis Dart, Lynh Phan and others and for that I am grateful. But a business is just that and cannot survive supporting one single group and as such I try to offer choice for my global customers, who extend beyond just the FB group which is the attention of this post, where available, for many of the products I sell. This freedom of choice even includes offering alternative non Aero3D products against my own, such as the X5 gimbal lock, allowing the customer to make their own choice on their preferred or most suited product.

About 3 weeks ago I commenced offering an alternative aluminium adapter set to allow my customers who wanted to use carbon props to have a lower cost, and almost certainly lower quality, offering. This offering came with 13" carbon props as opposed to the 14" provided with the LP adapter sets and with a clear description promoting the LP adapter sets and pronouncing them a premium and highly regarded product. Unfortunately Mr Phan has deemed that Aero3D is not allowed to offer alternatives to his adapter sets and has today instructed the Admins to remove Aero3D as an approved vendor from the group, all because of offering choice for customers.

Now, if this was true business and not just hobby business conducted within these groups, the type of aggro I have been subjected to today would be subject to Competition Law or Antitrust Law regulation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competition_law). I won't bore you all with the nitty gritty but suffice to say I have now been instructed

"If you decide to continue to sell the competitor's product as you see fit, that's your choice.
The same as it is your choice to continue to carry our products or not.
However, as long as you are carrying a competitor's product, I can not continue to direct traffic towards your site and nor can we continue to give you exclusivity and we can not give you support from our FB groups as an approved vendor."

So, there you have it. Running scared or just blinkered to the business world. According to one of your Admins Aero3D exists for the benefit of this group and this group only.
This post will certainly be removed in double quick time but will be posted on all other Inspire and Phantom Groups and also on my Twitter and Facebook pages to advise people who think they are joining a dedicated support community that in fact this group is CLEARLY BEING RUN FOR THE BENEFIT OF CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE GROUP.

Aero3D is now considering legal advice on this behaviour to deem whether it does indeed contravene Competition Law or Antitrust Law and will take the necessary steps to prevent this type of appalling behaviour.

And having posted this i was banned for all groups run by Mr Phan within 60 seconds. I think that tells it all.

2016-4-11
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

Lynh Phan and his crew are lunatics. I'd never buy a single thing they produced.  I'm not sure how he got the reputation he did, I've never seen an original thought come from him.  BTW, to save you the lawyers fees, you have no right or expectation to be able to sell in a facebook group. Get over it, his lemmings weren't going to buy from you anyway.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Welcome to DJI official Forum.

I'm sorry about the experience you've had in some Non-official FB groups.
We'll always welcome you to join our official FB groups. Here are some of the FB links for you:
Phantom 4: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1400357410265749/
X5/X5R/XT: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DJI.X.SERIES.OFFICIAL/
Official DJI owner group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji.owners/
2016-4-12
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

the best you can do is ignore him and move on.
I don't even waste my time with people like that.
There are lots of good pilots/people out there supporting forums everywhere, like this one.
The internet is a playground and you pick your poison or your glass of pinot noir.
It's your call, granted you are spot on in your remarks.
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules