Record without phone?
4887 6 2016-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill4
lvl.1
United States

This may be a dumb question, but I looked and couldn't find an answer. Do you need to have the phone connected to shoot video? or can you simply hit the record button on the osmo and record without connecting to a device?

2016-4-12
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you can but you will be shooting in the dark as regards to not being able to adjust any settings.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Please feel free to ask any question. Welcome to our Forum!
You can shoot pictures or record videos/audios without the connection to the DJI GO App certainly. However, with the DJI GO App, you'll get more features and more fun. By connecting to the DJI GO App via the Osmo WiFi, you can control the Osmo remotely within 25 meters.
Please watch these tutorial videos for more detail information: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=osmo+tutorial&nohtml5=False
Meanwhile, welcome to our official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#video
2016-4-12
Use props
Carcegen
lvl.1
United States

I shoot all the time without the app.  The date on the files will be all wrong but who cares.  Once you know how to operate the Osmo with a screen - getting quick shots when you don't have time to link up or you need your phone for a phone - is easy.  It seems it starts and shoots in the last setting you had it at.
2016-6-13
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

If you mess with gopro's.....same idea. Although with the Osmo, I prefer shooting with the app.
2016-6-14
Use props
AbqDunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi all!
I can't seem to get my Osmo to work without connect to phone. I turn Osmo on, gimbal works, click the red dot record button. It changes the noise it makes and the red record light comes on but when I log in to the app or look on micro SD card the footage is not thrre
2017-8-22
Use props
Cairo Peruka
New

Papua New Guinea

Can I record video without a phone using my dji air 2 drone?
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules