Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision+ FPV range very short
831 2 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnStormer
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I've recently had an accident with a Phantom 2 Vision+ which was caused by a faulty ESC. It crashed fairly hard and the body shell, which was already cracked in one place, got broken. I've purchased a replacement body shell and transferred all of the internals, including a replacement ESC, into the new shell. She seems to fly ok now but the range of the FPV video is very short. Anything more than about 50 feet away from the controller and the FPV video on screen freezes up. When I fly it closer to me again, the video feed comes back. This seems to be the case wherever I fly so it's not just local interference. I've got the wireless range extender turned on. The app isn't saying anything about the Wi-Fi being disconnected as far as I'm aware. What could be causing the range to be so short all of a sudden? One thing I haven't tried is turning on flight mode on my phone and then switching on the Wi-Fi - I'll try that later.

Any suggestions? Thanks
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, if the adjustment of antenna and cables could not work, pleas contact DJI North American office for RMA because the wifi module may damage after the crash.
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-14
Use props
Double check the antenna connections. They a re what give the distance if the TX unit is working ok.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules