video editing sofware
4875 12 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradgee
New

Australia

ive been using the go pro studio as my editing program. its easy to use but limited to what you can do with it. and its often crashing. does any one know of a reallly good program maybe one i can pay for monthly off the internet? cheers
2015-1-14
Use props
david
lvl.1

United States

Hi Bradgee,
I use Creative Cloud from Adobe... have been for months now.
I use Adobe Premiere, right now Premiere CC 2014. It's easy to use (not as easy as final cut USED to be) and worth it.
If you're a student I think the monthly is $30 a month which includes every single one of their products.
Cheaper than paying hundreds if not thousands all at once for one product.
There's also Avid and Sony Vegas and of course final cut (and iMovie) but it comes down to preference.. but as far as I know... Adobe is the only one offering a monthly subscription right now. Hope this helps?
2015-1-16
Use props
bradgee
New

Australia

thanks david. that helps a lot.
i have sony vegas 13 pro on a windows 7 laptop. all the stock bits quad core processor. amd radeon graphics and 240gb solid state drive but as im making an edit the preview is really jerky which has made it impossible to find where to start slomo, cut etc. maybe an apple mac would be the answer?  
2015-1-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking for an easy to learn option in the $10 range per month if anyone has a suggestion.  I need to be able to cut off the top portion of 1440 resolution files and edit them together.  GoPro studio does okay so far... but need better.
2015-1-23
Use props
ron.ewart
lvl.1
United States

Have had excellent results with Sony Vegas 13 Pro.  Rock stable.  Accepts Inspire 1 high resolution formats.  
2015-1-24
Use props
jhannon66.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

ron.ewart Posted at 2015-1-25 08:10
Have had excellent results with Sony Vegas 13 Pro.  Rock stable.  Accepts Inspire 1 high resolution  ...

What output format are you rendering to in Vegas?  I downloaded the trial version of Vegas and have tried multiple formats.  I can't find any that look as good as the raw video or as the same clips when I edit them in Windows Movie Maker.  No luck when I render to what Vegas says matches the project settings.  And the sound on the edited video only plays when I use VLC media player.  I like the editing in Vegas but won't buy it with the results I'm getting.  Been recording on the Inspire in 4k and 1920x1080 60p.  Any tips appreciated.   Thanks
2015-2-24
Use props
ron.ewart
lvl.1
United States

jhannon66.gmail Posted at 2015-2-25 12:03
What output format are you rendering to in Vegas?  I downloaded the trial version of Vegas and hav ...

Sorry for the reply delay.
Have had the best high resolution results editing in Sony Vegas Pro using:
    Sony XAVC / XAVC S (*.mxf; or *.mp4) in any of the following configurations --
        XAVC Intra 3840x2160-29.97p
        XAVC Long 3840x2160-29.97p
        XAVC S Long 3840x2160-29.97p
Hope you have good luck with these.  These formats are also good to use while editing if you want to crop or pan the image, then render to the lower resolution HD (1920x1080).
2015-4-6
Use props
HobbyPiloot.nl
lvl.1

Netherlands

I use a MAC with Final Cut Pro 10.X. In the past i had to correct GoPro fish-eye effect, HDR Correction and Pro-Tune correction. Now I have an Inspire-1 and don't need much correction.
I get nice results with MLUT Plugin (which replaces some colors with others), which really livens up the aerial movies.  I shoot in 4K/25FPS
2015-5-27
Use props
holuu
New

China

I like products from ashampoo...
2015-7-21
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

Canada

If you are using a Mac, FCPX is definitely recommended!
Premiere Pro is also quite good for HD videos.
2015-7-23
Use props
wnemay
lvl.1

United States

I played with HitFilm 3 Express and it seemed pretty good.
2015-9-2
Use props
timmdd
lvl.1

Macao

Thera are some compilicated ones like sony vegas and some easy operational ones like the imovie or video editor you can check them in the google and find your love there
2015-11-4
Use props
monica66
lvl.2

United States

I used WMM, though it also can not support XAVC files well. All this happened is due to the XAVC S format introduced by Sony is still not supported by Windows Movie Maker. So I transcode (4K) XAVC S to WMV before editing.
2016-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules