Video editing software
3190 30 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought a P3S in February and I'm having great fun with it, but one thing which does frustrate me is my own lack of video/photography skills - I usually end up with 2 minute [or so] videos, which actually only contain about 30 seconds of really good footage worth showing off. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good video editing softare package which is friendly to newcomers to editing? I'd like to edit down my videos or stitch two or three together. Don't really find the DJI Go video editor very good to use....
2016-4-13
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Well, that depends on where you’re going to use it, MAC? PC? Android, or. ..

I did find a few video editing software’s that are free; I haven’t tested them yet though. Can’t remember where I found them, for the moment I’m sitting on my workplace and can’t check for it, I can have a look when I get home. These one’s is for PC 32bit and 64bit Windows system
2016-4-13
Use props
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dioden Posted at 2016-4-13 19:27
Well, that depends on where you’re going to use it, MAC? PC? Android, or. ..

I did find a few vide ...

Sorry, yes - should have said! I'm using an Android phone at the moment as my controller but will be doing the editing on a Windows 10 64 bit PC. I don't mind paying for the software either, doesn't have to be free. Thanks!
2016-4-13
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Adobe Premier /  Filmora  /  Corel Video Studio 8
2016-4-13
Use props
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

SajidShah Posted at 2016-4-13 20:24
Adobe Premier /  Filmora  /  Corel Video Studio 8

Thanks - will take a look at them.
2016-4-13
Use props
ronburk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4844216 ft
United States

Adobe Premiere Elements will do all you need and more.
2016-4-13
Use props
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ronburk Posted at 2016-4-13 20:40
Adobe Premiere Elements will do all you need and more.

Thanks furiously checking them out now!
2016-4-13
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-13
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

2016-4-13
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>

A good video starts with a good flight. Smooth camera movements and great footage. It makes post flight video production much easier.
2016-4-13
Use props
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Alan Guan Posted at 2016-4-13 20:52
I would recommend imovie as its free

Thanks Alan!
2016-4-13
Use props
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-4-13 21:02
A good video starts with a good flight. Smooth camera movements and great footage. It makes post fli ...

Yes, learning that fast too - thanks!
2016-4-13
Use props
Alan Guan
Banned

Canada

2016-4-13
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

iMovie is a Mac application
2016-4-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try the GoPro Studio package, it is free and available to download from their web site.
2016-4-13
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Alan Guan Posted at 2016-4-13 14:53
Yes you can use adobe after effects but it is expensive and way harder to use. Imovie can provide ex ...

Why would you use After Effects to organize footage into a video. Premiere gets the job done. I only pay $20 for all of the Adobe apps as I have a student discount. It's not that expensive.
2016-4-14
Use props
radzyg77
lvl.1

Malaysia

hi...any link for free video editor software
2016-4-14
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

I use windows movie maker. Came free, is intuitive and easy to use and produces a good quality finish. Maybe not as professional as Adobe premier can be but for home video is great.
2016-4-14
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Yeah,  Windows Movie Maker is free and easy to use to get started.
2016-4-14
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I would avoid Final Cut Pro, avid and Premiere - these are pro packages with a steep learning curve. Sony Vegas gets a good press, but it's not free.
2016-4-14
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129567 ft
United States

snowsurferss Posted at 2016-4-14 12:42
Yeah,  Windows Movie Maker is free and easy to use to get started.

I've been using Windows Movie Maker and am pretty happy with the results. I want to try Filmora. It seems to be almost as easy as WMM with more options and power. It's cheap enough, also.
2016-4-14
Use props
MistaGuitarista
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks everyone - I settled on Filmora in the end - WMM wouldn't work with MP4 files on my PC for some reason the various Adobe packages seemed a bit too much for my needs. I tried Filmora free, liked it and paid for a license. Working fine and enjoying it - thanks for all the advice!
2016-4-25
Use props
fans4b461816
New

United States

What's the most effective program you've heard about? No need for anything too fancy, I just want something handy like Photoshop. It's for the best if you could tell me the top 10 free video editing software for Windows.
2016-12-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

There is a free utility that is a great tool to have whatever you do .... Freemake Video Converter .... it is one of the most versatile easy use video conversion tools out there.

I take any of my Hatcam / Phantom videos - convert in FVC to WMV format for Windows Movie Maker .... the free version ..... no hassle ... no fancy frame / time line trickery needed ...

Simple and easy. But I am surprised that you cannot load Phantom MP4 to WMM ... I just rechecked and my Phantom MP4 and MOV files loaded to WMM .... just had to wait for the files to be processed - watch bottom left corner - before could work on them.

If you want to edit many more formats but not wish to wait for conversion - then Windows Movie Maker Vers 2.6 as part of the Live package (there may be a later version already) is the one. Not so easy to use as the basic version but extremely powerful.

Nigel
2016-12-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2016-12-9 05:10
There is a free utility that is a great tool to have whatever you do .... Freemake Video Converter .... it is one of the most versatile easy use video conversion tools out there.

I take any of my Hatcam / Phantom videos - convert in FVC to WMV format for Windows Movie Maker .... the free version ..... no hassle ... no fancy frame / time line trickery needed ...

I have tried several free ones and Filmora by Wondershare is pretty good. Pretty easy to manipulate through for just about anyone, and is free to download and use. You can edit , add  music, put many videos together, etc. and then  output to many types of file types. It will have a "watermark" with the demo, but if you want to purchase it, it is on $49 here in the US. Well worth it.
2016-12-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Russia

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-12-9 21:07
I have tried several free ones and Filmora by Wondershare is pretty good. Pretty easy to manipulate through for just about anyone, and is free to download and use. You can edit , add  music, put many videos together, etc. and then  output to many types of file types. It will have a "watermark" with the demo, but if you want to purchase it, it is on $49 here in the US. Well worth it.

Why would I want to pay S49 for a program when I have full capability for free with WMM or if you want extensive capability - choose NCH Software suite ... free for Home non-commercial use. No watermarks ... unlimited use.

Note : MP4 is in many different codec's and not all MP4 are same. This is why some people have problems loading into WMM or even viewing on their TV at home. MP4 comes under the AVI listing and that as well has so many variations causing viewing issues on various displays. FVC as I suggested previous post - can sort all that by converting to the format you want. It can also convert DVD and other formats and join / split as you wish.

Nigel
2016-12-9
Use props
Pegasus
lvl.4

France

MistaGuitarista Posted at 2016-4-25 20:15
Thanks everyone - I settled on Filmora in the end - WMM wouldn't work with MP4 files on my PC for some reason the various Adobe packages seemed a bit too much for my needs. I tried Filmora free, liked it and paid for a license. Working fine and enjoying it - thanks for all the advice!

I also like Filmora you can add music from itunes - some others don't let you.
2016-12-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Russia

Free music ? WMM has direct access to the Free Music Archive ...... direct upload links to all popular video host sites .... text in frame ... title and credit insertion ... direct dubbing or insert audio .... fade in / out effects / music / frames .... etc. etc. etc

Trying to understand why I need to spend money on it ? Rather spend the money on present for the wife !

Nigel
2016-12-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2016-12-9 07:33
Why would I want to pay S49 for a program when I have full capability for free with WMM or if you want extensive capability - choose NCH Software suite ... free for Home non-commercial use. No watermarks ... unlimited use.

Note : MP4 is in many different codec's and not all MP4 are same. This is why some people have problems loading into WMM or even viewing on their TV at home. MP4 comes under the AVI listing and that as well has so many variations causing viewing issues on various displays. FVC as I suggested previous post - can sort all that by converting to the format you want. It can also convert DVD and other formats and join / split as you wish.

Understood. There are many free ones out there. I was simply saying I had good results with Filmora. Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

I will however check out the WMM you mentioned.
2016-12-9
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If your after a more professional set-up , you won't go wrong plus it starts from £9/mth ... its what I use - https://www.adobe.com/creativecl ... d=MLR7SH57&mv=other

See -- http://www.aerial-image.co.uk/

2016-12-9
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Russia

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-12-10 00:16
Understood. There are many free ones out there. I was simply saying I had good results with Filmora. Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

I will however check out the WMM you mentioned.

No worries ... completely agree.

Its just that including my own in this - many videos are to be honest rubbish !! And even a super duper editing program doesn't make them any better.
We are lucky that even the Standard model has a camera that exceeds most TV's / displays etc. - and the video capture is better than most of us can do by hand. This gives a boost to quality and really even free editing packages can do well with the recordings.
Most people are not professionals, are not producing Commercial videos. That doesn't mean to say we should not do our best - far from it. But there are reasonable levels for most. The guy with the camera at my shoulder in my Avatar - is serious about his photos and videos .... and spends hours at editing / pruning / splicing etc. He flies a P3 Advanced ... But to be honest - I have not the will to do similar.

The only item that I am looking to sort out is the frame within frame with WMM ... it may be that I have to look at NCH or WMM 2.6 to do that ...

Nigel
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules