Cinelight RAW footage preview and export slow
2663 10 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaleel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3724 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone else tried exporting RAW footage from the X5R's SSD?
The export itself took nearly 3 hours for 13 minutes of footage and previewing the 4K footage in order to trim it before the export is tortuously slow to the point of being unusable. This is on a Macbook Pro 2013 over USB3, which isn't slow under other circumstances.

2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

for 13 minutes of footage you got a file about 170GB, so it definitely took a long  time to export
2016-4-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Make sure you are on OS X 10.11.4 and not 10.11.3  . There is a WORLD of difference...
2016-4-14
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

USB3 is the bottleneck. And DJI has no idea how to write programs for OS X ;) just export it get a beer and edit it in any other program.
2016-4-14
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-14 09:55
for 13 minutes of footage you got a file about 170GB, so it definitely took a long  time to export

That is BS, all other programs are 10 times faster from our tests (mac pro totally upgraded 2015 model).
Cinelight isn't out of alpha it's not even beta and by FAR is it RC or even a program.
2016-4-14
Use props
Kaleel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm on OSX 10.11.5 and Cinelight 0.9.26 (latest as of a couple of days ago) and it's still desperately slow to the point of unusable. I'm on a Macbook Pro 13" retina 2013 and I can't even preview the files in Cinelight if there are more than a few of them.

I think the program itself is very slow. It's not just USB 3. It hangs repeatedly and gives no progress update. Come on DJI, this is NOT good enough.
2016-6-2
Use props
mla
lvl.2

I noticed that exporting to Pro Res HQ or some other video codec was much slower that exporting to a DNG RAW stream. But yes, post is very tedious.
2016-6-2
Use props
Kaleel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Does this work any better on a PC? It's totally unusable on my Mac
2016-6-2
Use props
blinderman129
lvl.1

United States

DJI...This is absolutely absurd. I was having the same issues on my extremely expensive Mac Pro, but now I can't even get the software to open. We spent over $10k purchasing your product to provide services to clients, but your software and workflow have basically rendered it useless. Please consider allowing access to the files directly off of the card like NORMAL data management is done. Your proprietary software and folder structure is an absolute train wreck. Thanks.
2016-8-17
Use props
Bobby Broadway
New

United States

I was wondering if you have ever had a problem when exporting wether keeping it at .dns or ProRes4444 having a gamma shift. I am trying export my footage in the dLog color space, but it keeps rendering out in the Adobe RGB color space, which is crushing all my drone shots and can not match the color to the other shots. Any help would be great. I have rendered so many times and can not get around that. My settings say dLog space, but will not render out. Best, Robert.
2016-12-12
Use props
fans013a912c
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI X5R Raw can only be imported using Cinelight. Export to a workable Prores format takes a lifetime with the fastest computer.
Will DJI upgrade the X5R product to provide Prores or fix Cinelight?
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules