7606 30 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've got the 7th channel lever successfully installed on the transmitter. I can control the tilt of the stock gimbal. And, of course, once I turn on the Vision App my control with the 7th channel lever is no longer possible. I can buy an enabler for $100 on droneexpert.nl to get this functionality back. Why can't I do this without a third party solution?

I should note that I have been unsuccesful in calibrating the 7th channel's mins and maxes, since there are no options in the assistant software. But using the potentiometer on the transmitter is still possible and I would like to know if I can enable it without the device sold third party?
2014-9-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would hold off on buying any after market device.. Hint** Hint**
2014-9-17
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I am waiting for mine from the same guys.... please notice that there are two different versions...

1. Phantom Vision plus
2. Phantom Vision 2

We all have seen the you tube video for the plus... the PHV2 is different but will cost the same.

But the 7th channel is a must for the Epson Moverio Bt 200 glasses. I hope have this 7th channel update soon.

2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I didn't order the enabler from the dronexpert.nl website. I ordered a $2 lever and installed it on the transmitter with no issues. I would love the ability to use it, but am not willing to open up my phantom and install the enabler. Just not that important to me, yet. Now a software solution from DJI would fix everything. Seems to me that this shouldn't need additional hardware to make happen (other than the lever). We'll see.
2014-9-17
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

rumor is that the next firmware release will re-enable this feature.
2014-9-20
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

Yes that would be nice as well.... always can use the Pitch on your RC
2014-9-21
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Hey tony, I would like to have de leveler for my P2V+, do i have to change the RC?
Where can I buy it?
I'm no that expert in this kind of things. If you could help me I will appreciate it!
thanks in advance
Just that I would like to move the camera more easyly and smoother.
2014-10-1
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-10-2 05:48
Hey tony, I would like to have de leveler for my P2V+, do i have to change the RC?
Where can I buy  ...

I bought this one:   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tilt-Con ... hash=item3ce1bca47a

But there are many others just like it. You have to keep in mind that right now, although this is easy to install and fits directly on to your existing P2V+ transmitter, it DOES NOT work once you start the Vision App. The app takes over control of the tilt function and prevents the lever from working. So, it is basically useless until we get some sort of software update that may allow for it's use in the possible future.

There was a time that you could buy this:  
http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... eature-no-slider-2/

Currently sold out. But they include a mod that fixes this problem with the App. I am not sure if it works with current version software.

So, basically, there is no 7th channel tilt lever fix, that I know of right now for a P2V+. I've been told the rumors are that DJI is working on an update that may include this. Who knows?

If anyone knows otherwise, please share.
2014-10-1
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-2 06:33
I bought this one:   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tilt-Control-for-Dji-Phantom-2-Zenmuse-Gopro-Hero3-L ...

Thanks Tony! I'm going to buy it and we'll hope DJI makes the update!
Another thing, have you read, I read but dont remember where, that if you change the antenna for this gone it would work better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... ;smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Let me know if you know something bout that

cheers,
2014-10-1
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-10-2 07:41
Thanks Tony! I'm going to buy it and we'll hope DJI makes the update!
Another thing, have you read ...

Haven't heard of that antenna. Then again, I haven't had any issues with control of my Phantom so I wouldn't really need it. I tend to stay within line f sight and never fly too far away from where I am, so maybe I'm just not pushing the boundaries enough to need those kind of modifications.

If you do get it, let us know if you notice a difference.
2014-10-1
Use props
wachirarat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653770 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Very interesting indeed
2014-10-2
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-2 06:33
I bought this one:   
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tilt-Control-for-Dji-Phantom-2-Zenmuse-Gopro-Hero3-L ...

Hey Tony! You know that i bought the same leveler as you did, but some how i try to install it, and the little stick didnt fit through the hole. Have you heard something like it, or it might be wrong leveler

Thanks in advance

Cheers
2014-10-22
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The stick on mine doesn't go through the hole, just under it, and the lever goes over it, and the screw hold the two together. Actually, there is a plate that sits between them, with double sided tape to hold the plate in place. Is this what you mean?
2014-10-22
Use props
DJI-youzq
lvl.2
China

The 7th channel is going to be enabled in the next version firmware.
2014-10-23
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-youzq Posted at 2014-10-23 18:10

You're kidding me, right? This is fantastical!
2014-10-23
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-23 09:57
The stick on mine doesn't go through the hole, just under it, and the lever goes over it, and the sc ...

I dont know if we are talking the same. Can you post a picture or something
2014-10-23
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Hey here are the pictures of what im talking about, I know in one of the picture the stick it's going the wrong way.

But it doesnt go thorugh so it can connect to the cross
IMG_5770.JPG
IMG_5771.JPG
2014-10-23
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The first picture looks right, not the second (the shaft is upside down). The screw hole points up, and does not protrude through the baseplate. The screw goes from the swivel knob, through the baseplate, and into the threaded hole of the shaft. But I think there is a washer that goes against the white plastic, between the shaft, maybe. I don't remember. But mine went right on and swivels, no problem. I'd really hate to take it apart again, had problems getting it back together (the antenna).
2014-10-26
Use props
Jacquesvw
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI-youzq Posted at 2014-10-23 18:10

I upgraded my P2V+ to the new firmware (v3.08) and iOS VISION app to v1.043, but the gimbal pitch control lever stops functioning as soon as I launch the iOS app. I'm using the PVT581 remote control, so will I have to get myself the new remote with the left dial in order to use the pitch control on the remote while having the iOS app open?

I see in the Assistant Software v3.4 for Mac that there is an option to select the transmitter version between "Upgrade Version" and "Basic Version" and when I select "Upgrade Version" I'm able to use the gimbal pitch control lever on the remote and the iOS app simultaneously, however I haven't tried flying like that, because my PVT581 remote is not on the model list for the "Upgrade Version" setting.
2014-10-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It's fine this would be the only difference, been beta testing the new TX for a while and I prefer the old TX(w/ lever) until they fix the wheel function.
2014-10-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is now fixed..
2014-10-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not quite. The potentiometer on the back of the old transmitter is definitely not designed for this purpose. I have mine up and running, calibrated, all new firmware, and I can not get a nice, precise placement of the tilt. Either full up or full down. It is next to impossible to stop it at any point in between. It is a total guessing game where it is going to stop and if it is going to hold. I am hoping the new transmitter, with dial, will be a much more accurate method. And from the early review videos, it looks like it is!
2014-10-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Not to mention it is either or. I would like to be able to use the touch screen app, as well as the tilt lever. Not have choose one or the other in the assistant software.
2014-10-30
Use props
christer
lvl.1
Norway

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-31 00:34
Not to mention it is either or. I would like to be able to use the touch screen app, as well as the  ...

I have the original radio, the newest firmware and the 7th channel lever installed on my radion. I can calibrate the 7th channel and gimbal control works great using the lever, that is until I start the DJI Vison app. Then the app takes over control of the gimbal tilt and the 7th channel no longer works.

You say you can choose which one to use in the assistant software, but I don't see any such option. Please enlighten me.

2014-10-31
Use props
jruss1966
lvl.1

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-31 00:34
Not quite. The potentiometer on the back of the old transmitter is definitely not designed for this  ...

Watch the video from Simon Newton on YouTube he is really in the know on phantoms.
He also has a video of him on video chat with DJI North America service center    http://youtu.be/3gY2zF8Fsxs
2014-11-1
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This has now been figured out. If you have the old transmitter style with the 7th channel mod lever YOU DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE THE ZEN IMU TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE (1.0.0.6). This will cause an issue with camera pitch as you slide the lever. This has now been confirmed and people who did the upgrade have no way to go back and now their 7th channel lever does not work as it should.

If you have the new controller with the tilt dial, then you MUST update to the new Zen IMU firmware (1.0.0.6) or your dial WILL NOT WORK as it is intended to. When you release the dial and it springs back to center your camera will tilt back to 45 degrees. You will have to hold the dial down (or up in reverse more) to get it to point straight at the horizon. If you let go of the dial it will pitch back to 45 degrees.

I hope this makes sense and that it saves someone the frustration of updating the Zen IMU and ruining the nice function of their slide lever mod.
2014-11-2
Use props
syedfaiq_747
lvl.1

Singapore

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-11-3 00:18
This has now been figured out. If you have the old transmitter style with the 7th channel mod lever  ...

I wish that I noticed your MEMO early........

2014-11-19
Use props
liorthebest
New

Israel

Guys,

Can anyone tell me exactly what is required in order to operate the tilt on the back of the Tx (not V3, older Tx) on P2V+?
i read the entire thread and didnt quite understand to be honest.
thanks.
2015-1-9
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you have the newest Zen IMU firmware then there is no going back. The newest firmware is designed to work with the dial that pops back to center when you let it go. The slide on the back of your transmitter stays where you leave it when you let go, and trying to move it back to exact center after each movement will be impossible. There is no perfect fix for you.

Not sure of this copy and paste from Facebook will work. But this guy has come up with a pretty good alternative if you have the latest Zen IMU firmware.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... ;type=1&theater

You basically add a rubber band to the side lever that makes it return to center after you let it go. Will only work for a certain type of lever, but you get the idea. If the Facebook post does;t work I suggest you join the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus" Owners group on Facebook and we can talk there.

Or google it, you might find the fix.
2015-1-9
Use props
alessandromanun
New

France

Guys,

still no news on any update for the issue? Got the lever and it works pretty good until I start the DJI-app...

Hope this is going to be solved soon! Can't find anything to solve it in any way!!

Thanks

Alex
2015-1-31
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Best way to solve it is to get the new transmitter. It blows away the slide lever anyway. No comparison.
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules