Thoroughly happy with DJI repair service
1368 14 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

On sunday the 10th, my P3P was bricked by the latest attempt to update the software.  To be more specific, it corrupted the video out module.  "No controlers were on or harmed in the update of this phantom!".... Yes, I did follow all of the specific directions.  I always go through the same routine.  Formatted card, controller NOT on, fresh battery...and so on.  I've updated before and have never had issues.  

Sunday 10th  - bricked! Emailed DJI North America Customer Support (sent them what had happened and my hidden log file).

Monday 11th  - had a reply with a RMA and that it was a "hardware issue".

Tuesday 12th  - I sent the P3P first thing in the morning to California.

Tuesday 12th afternoon - received via email a free shipping label.  HAHA!  Too late! Not their fault.

Wednesday 13th (today) - P3P received in California.

Thursday 14th - Repair cost assessed and quoted - Free of charge

Thursday 14th - Repaired and tested

Friday 15th - Shipped via FEDEX to owner

Friday 22nd - P3P received.  Unboxed, tested and working! (invoice for replacement of gimbal and camera free of charge)

Not too bad - repaired and turned around in less than a week!  I've read some horror stories on here about the customer service.  I think a big factor is many people hit any company's forum when there's a problem (although I notice a lot of positive posts on this forum).  Also, not sure if it helped, but I was as thorough and specific as possible when I contacted DJI support.  I had already read on the forums about the hidden log file, so I included it with my first email so I wouldn't have to wait a day just to have the service rep ask for it.  It's probably better than "Dear DJI, my drone isn't working".

DJI included a repairwork invoice.  Turned out they replaced the gimbal and camera.  I guess the [08 00] and [15 00] corrupts the actual hardware.  Did a quick flight test in the back yard after having to re-sync the RC.  So far so good.  I'll have to do a longer flight test tomorrow just to make sure there are no other issues.

Thanks DJI and the forum support.  That's the fasted service I have received outside of having a local repair shop.  Hope the rest of you get the same service if you ever need it.
2016-4-13
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

They got mine back to me about a week after they received it.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Thanks for your support. We will keep working on improvements to bring the best experience to our customers.
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
India

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 08:30
Thanks for your support. We will keep working on improvements to bring the best experience to our cu ...

Even i need to send my P3S for repairs but you guys are asking me to bear the costs? Its not even one month with this paper weight! Not fair!
2016-4-13
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

Just updated.  Drone was assessed as "free of charge" repair.  Repaired and tested today!  This looks to be a fast turn around!
2016-4-15
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

As of Friday, my P3P spent three days in California and is on its way back!  Very fast service.
2016-4-18
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

What do you mean by bricked? What was going on?
2016-4-18
Use props
admin
lvl.1

Honduras

phantom 3 professional crash and replacement gone bad.

phantom 3 professional for sale...did i brick my bird? who cares i dont want to hear about dji ever !!!

part 1

part 2

well, two days ago i got my p3p back... guess what !! yes they sent me an entire brand new unit but as soon as i hooked up all my peripherals it didn't work !! its been 10 days, 10 frustrating days of all sort of instructions and tutorials in DJI forums and chats and cutomer service is horrible.

i had a weird feeling they instructed me not to send any accessories with the drone. they said " send the unit only" anyone could undestand that... but as it happens they screwed me over and over by sending me my replacement with the latest updates in it without asking me what version did i have on my remote control and ever since i have been unable to recuperate my investment/ 1359 Plus 150 Dollars to have it shipped to me not to mention my additional purchase of compatible tablet (mini ipad) add 599 dollars to that and its all gone to waste.

so after so many attempts (almost getting and close to 100 attempts ) to update remote controller, app and aircraft firmware it seems fucking idiotic to me that they remove all firmwares available related to this aircraft.

Would i buy again from DJI... im sorry but no !!!!

so if anyone feels to take on the challenge to take my drone and see if you can fix it i am more than happy to sell it so is not a total loss for me.. i am just about done with the exchange i have with them and all the instructions i receive from different email addresses i ended up not being able to fly it... i say this because when i got it back i was able to "manually" link the rc to the bird and i was able to fly it without video feed. but something happened in between so many attempts that suddenly i am unable to fly. its a dead bird..

so if you are interested in fixing it for me or buying if ffrom me i am happy to get rid if this either way.

contact me at adminescriba@gmail.com
this message was posted on 4/18/2016
2016-4-18
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2016-4-18 20:01
What do you mean by bricked? What was going on?

I attempted to update to 1.8.  Followed the instructions to a T as always.  The firmware update failed and ended up corrupting the video out module.  DJI said this was rare occurrence, but has happened.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

admin@copaneco. Posted at 2016-4-19 09:03
phantom 3 professional crash and replacement gone bad.

phantom 3 professional for sale...did i bric ...

I'm sorry for your experience.  What firmwares are you using on your aircraft and RC, what version of app are you running?  Could you please post your update log here

Please  refer to this video to make sure you did everything right:
2016-4-18
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-18 21:08
I attempted to update to 1.8.  Followed the instructions to a T as always.  The firmware update fa ...

1.8?! What happened to 1.7? I thought 1.7 was just released a few days ago, give or take? Now it is 1.8?! LOL! I still have mine at 1.4.6!
2016-4-18
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-18 20:08
1.8?! What happened to 1.7? I thought 1.7 was just released a few days ago, give or take? Now it i ...

My P3P is on its way back from DJI California.  Should be here Friday.  Very happy with the DJI support so far, but I'm anxious to get it back and see how it all turned out.  Needless to say, I'll be a little weary the next time a firmware update comes out.  It would be nice if the phantoms had a "hard reset" function, or even a way to connect to a computer and reset (besides being able to downgrade firmware because I even tried that).
2016-4-19
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

My bad. You have a P3P, I have a P3S...Different FW versions...Sorry.
2016-4-19
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

Got it back today!  Everything is working as it should!  Kudos to DJI repair service!
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

dieselwind Posted at 2016-4-23 06:51
Got it back today!  Everything is working as it should!  Kudos to DJI repair service!

Enjoy your flight.
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules