Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

How many updated to v1.8.80
With no problems at all
2016-4-13
Use props
wayne.long
lvl.1

I have, no issues yet, but very little flight time.
2016-4-13
Use props
longez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17881 ft

United States

No issues, easy update and everything works fine.
2016-4-13
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

The update actually cut your flight time
2016-4-13
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

delignejose@hot Posted at 2016-4-13 21:37
The update actually cut your flight time

can you elaborate on this a bit.
2016-4-13
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

In response to delignejose's question (above), I have had several flights using DJI Go, Litchi and Vertical Studio since the update and have experienced no negative consequences as a result of that update. Flight times have not been reduced at all for me and there are no noticeable changes to stability, camera or other aspects of the flight.
2016-4-13
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

Thanks all for your reply
2016-4-13
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297523 ft

Done, no problems at all. Tried DJI go and vertical studio.
Everything perfect. (stability, gimbal, VPS...)
P3P, ipad mini 4.
2016-4-13
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

I had two failed updates trying to do it. Havent had a whole lot of time to fly, especially since it's late where I am and just updated this evening. However, I tried a little flight around the backyard, and it seemed to be very unstable when moving forward and descending. I was circling around my yard as I descended and it seemed very unstable. I also only had 7 SAT's for gps which was also unusual for a wide open sky where I usually get 10-13. Will test some more tomorrow however.
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
India

Is this for standard?
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Mine and my friend‘s P3 work normally after the upgrade.
2016-4-14
Use props
eurocenter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12339 ft

No issues, easy update and everything works fine after the upgrade.
2016-4-14
Use props
mrv8outboard
lvl.2

I have done the updates. Had to reboot once to get the remote to acknowledge there was an update. I did update just fine. Ground testing okay, have yet to fly due to weather.
2016-4-14
Use props
bannsidhe
New

United States

Just received my P3 Pro and had to run the firmware update right off. Everything went in fine without an issue. I've had 4 flights since then, at about an hour of time total, and no issues to speak of at all.
2016-4-14
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Canada

Did any folks with successful updates also get a message indicating the camera needed an upgrade as well, or just the aircraft and RC?  I'm on the previous version and everything was fine (including camera).  With the notification to do this upgrade, when I view the list, it says the camera needs a fw upgrade as well.  I haven't done the move to 1.8 yet..  P3P...

Appreciate any help.

Jay S.
2016-4-14
Use props
jwebb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

Went through and did all the updates on my P3A yesterday afternoon. Everything updated just fine and AC, controller and Go app all connected up normally and appear to be all good. Still need to do IMU and compass calibrations and get in test flights today.  I have to admit I was a little anxious about doing this one after reading some of the problems guys were having. I've done all the previous updates without any problems and this one ended up being no different.
2016-4-14
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Canada

jwebb3@comporiu Posted at 2016-4-14 23:33
Went through and did all the updates on my P3A yesterday afternoon. Everything updated just fine and ...

Did yours say anything about a camera update being needed?

Jay S.
2016-4-14
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated a P3A and the RC.......everything went smooth and fast.
Did a cold IMU, gimbal and RC recalibration.....have had 3 flights and everything is golden!
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2016-4-15 00:05
Updated a P3A and the RC.......everything went smooth and fast.
Did a cold IMU, gimbal and RC recali ...

Perfect, you did it all right. Especially the cold IMU so warm up time is only seconds.
RC calibration is not required but can't hurt anything.
2016-4-14
Use props
sigmahat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

I have watched many tutorials on updating quad and controller firmware.  I am confused on what method to use.
1. should I download upgrade to SD card and then place in aircraft gimbal or plug into the usb on gimbal and download straight from computer??
2. Upgrade quad first with controller off and the controller with quad off??

also, GO app is saying to upgrade camera.  How is this done?

Thanks for any help.
2016-4-14
Use props
jwebb3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695023 ft
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-14 11:56
Did yours say anything about a camera update being needed?

Jay S.

I didn't notice anything about the camera needing to be updated. I assume it would have been part of the AC update.
2016-4-14
Use props
sigmahat
Second Officer
United States

jwebb3@comporiu Posted at 2016-4-15 01:31
I didn't notice anything about the camera needing to be updated. I assume it would have been part  ...

Thank you Jay S.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sigmahat@yahoo. Posted at 2016-4-15 00:38
I have watched many tutorials on updating quad and controller firmware.  I am confused on what metho ...

It depends on what aircraft you have. The P3 Pro/Adv/Inspire aircraft are updated by downloading the zip file and extracting the BIN file and putting it onto a formatted SD card and inserting it into the camera gimbal and powering up the aircraft only. you can also update via the computer with the BIN file.

The P3 Standard/4k aircraft are updated via WiFi
The P4 aircraft is updated via hardwired to the tablet/phone or the Assistant2 PC/Mac program.
All of the RC's are updated via the app.
Post a screenshot of what you are seeing, it shouldn't only say upgrade camera unless you have an Inspire and updated an then put on a different camera. If so, then put the aircraft firmware on the BIN file from the Inspire or Inspire Pro page for whatever camera you installed.
2016-4-14
Use props
sigmahat
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 03:20
It depends on what aircraft you have. The P3 Pro/Adv/Inspire aircraft are updated by downloading t ...

Thanks Ken..I forgot to mention in my post that it is a P3 Pro.
I upgraded the quad by copying the bit file to the SD card from my computer (after download and unzip) and uploaded through the gimbal.

Upgraded the the controller via Dji GO app and all is well.
Flies great.

Appreciate the help!
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sigmahat@yahoo. Posted at 2016-4-15 04:10
Thanks Ken..I forgot to mention in my post that it is a P3 Pro.
I upgraded the quad by copying the ...

Good to hear, enjoy.
2016-4-14
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 03:20
It depends on what aircraft you have. The P3 Pro/Adv/Inspire aircraft are updated by downloading t ...

Ken,

I originally purchased the P3A...  Purchased a 4K (P3P) camera from B&H.  Swapped camera (4K for 2.7K) and updated via the P3P 1.7 FW.. Everything is working perfectly.  When you released 1.8 I got the message that a FW upgrade was needed.. When I went to the next page of that update, it said the Aircraft, RC, AND Camera needed a FW upgrade.  IS there a camera upgrade necessary in this update and if not, why am I seeing it?  Again, everything is working fine.  The app sees the Aircraft as a P3P.

I don't want to brick the camera trying to upgrade to 1.8...

Appreciate advise...

Jay S.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-15 05:31
Ken,

I originally purchased the P3A...  Purchased a 4K (P3P) camera from B&H.  Swapped camera (4K ...

Since you have already made a modification by installing a camera that was not meant for the aircraft that  in itself may or may not have voided the warranty.
So if it's working great and you get 4k and the fan works than that's great. it's totally up to you if you want to update and put the 1.9 Pro firmware on your Advanced.
2016-4-14
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 05:58
Since you have already made a modification by installing a camera that was not meant for the aircr ...

Ken,

Adding the 4K camera is totally supported and in fact listed in the literature provided by DJI with the P3 Professional 4K Camera.  I will be more than glad to take a picture of the card supplied by DJI showing the compatibility of cameras and aircraft.  If you have a new one (in a box) there, you will find the card on the top of the packaging. The 4K camera IS listed as compatible and acceptable change for the P3A.  Your own tech support took me through the steps of just making sure that a freshly formatted Micro SD has the P3P firmware on it, which I did.  The DJI GO app immediately recognized the Aircraft as a Professional now.

Hopefully that will allow us to get back on the question as to why the FW 1.8 might want to upgrade the camera.  The camera was purchased at B&H who is a licensed DJI distributor.  I know that jumping some levels can cause issues.  I do not see a way to find out which level is on the camera, but whatever level it is, is happy with 1.7.

I need to find out if there is a problem applying this firmware.  The P3A and P3P aircraft are the same.  It is the circuitry in the top part of the gimbal assembly, talking to the camera, which reports back to the app which model it is, Advanced or Professional.

Hope this helps from my side..  Can you advise further from yours?

Thanks again..

Jay S.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-15 06:18
Ken,

Adding the 4K camera is totally supported and in fact listed in the literature provided by DJ ...

What does the about page say for the camera?
2016-4-14
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 08:05
What does the about page say for the camera?

Ken,

Will double check, but as I recall, the camera is not listed at all.. Was the same when the 2.7K camera was attached.  Always see the RC, Aircraft (and I think application level), but have never noticed a camera fw level listed since I've owned the Phantom..  Will double check when I get home.. getting ready to head back to Connecticut from vacation.  Thanks for the reply..

Jay S.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-15 10:15
Ken,

Will double check, but as I recall, the camera is not listed at all.. Was the same when the 2 ...

OK, I thought maybe since the camera wasn't made for it, it may show a camera version like the Inspire. But maybe not.
2016-4-14
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

Dji Ken just updated my advanced to latest firmware and updated rc and now it's showing p4
2016-4-14
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

After update now i
2016-4-14
Use props
delignejose
lvl.3
United States

After latest firmware update now when the aircraft is of and I turn on the rc and open go app I see 4k settings on my advanced camera settings then when I turn on the aircraft the regular advanced settings return to normal  .....is this the way the new update works or is there a problem with my update
2016-4-14
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 10:45
OK, I thought maybe since the camera wasn't made for it, it may show a camera version like the Ins ...

Good Morning Ken,

I was able to grab some screenshots.  I still do not know what to do about 1.8..  Seems like some of the Inspire users are having issues as well..  :-(   This is what all my communications now look like after adding the DJI 4K Camera to the Aircraft.  It correctly shows that it is now talking to a "Professional Model", all the 4K settings are correct, etc..  The "About" section show the RC, Aircraft and App version levels.  I have a major demoonstration the end of the month at our public library, and don't want to risk doing something to the camera.  Thanks. Images are at the link below...

Jay S.

http://jaysott.smugmug.com/DJI
2016-4-15
Use props
snidlywiplash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381729 ft
United States

How do you format ad card if you can't use the drone
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-15 21:49
Good Morning Ken,

I was able to grab some screenshots.  I still do not know what to do about 1.8. ...

I see, you are free to use the Pro upgrade and if the box label said it's compatible. Totally up to you.\I will find out exactly from the repair shop.
2016-4-15
Use props
Kalifornia
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-15
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-16 05:53
I see, you are free to use the Pro upgrade and if the box label said it's compatible. Totally up t ...

Ken,

I'd appreciate.. Talked to one of the Tech Support folks today on the phone (on the drive home).  Based on the items in the Release Notes, specifically "Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode." that there would have to be some code update in the cameras assembly.

He did note though the 2.7.2 came out for IOS devices today and to load that first and make sure I'm still getting the "Upgrade Camera" message.  I verified that it would be covered under warranty and he said it would (if the FW update bricked the camera).  That said, and now with the new app level, I'd sure like to see things settle down some!!  :-)  I would TRULY appreciate anything you feel the repair shop folks can add.

Do you know if DJI GO 2.7.2 is still compatible with the 1.7 firmware.  I know if you upgrade you needed to upgrade to 2.7.2 on Android.. just didn't know if it was the same for IOS and if, as I mentioned, that 2.7.2 requires you be on 1.8.  The tech today didn't think so..  Would SO like to be sure!!!!  :-)

Jay S.
2016-4-15
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

P3A and iPad Mini. Straight forward update and first couple of flights yesterday went fine.
2016-4-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules