New Phantom 4 after even exchanged at the Apple Store. update!
1199 10 2016-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

[size=14.6667px]So I was having video noise issues on my original Phantom4 purchase so I went in to my local Apple Store today for a even exchange and let me tell you guys, the video noise is now the least of my problems now. First thing right out the box I had firmware issues the controller did not want to update after the aircraft itself updated successfully, now I understand that this is a known issue I've seen in other forms. Next problem is the camera gimbal I've Noticed that it makes a weird grinding noise when starting up something my orginal Phantom also did not do. The next thing was that the packaging was different as well. This P4 did not have stickers on the front camera sensors like the first one did, next the LEDS on the battery are a much brighter green than the orginal battery which I find a little weird. So anyways I fixed the controller issue by downgrading the firmware using "DJI Assist" on my Windows computer and for some reason that allowed the controller to update because it kept givin[size=14.6667px]g me a network error message even thought my internet network was fine. Now, on the first flight, I noticed a huge decrease a very noticeable weaker video signal as well as the p4 drifiting much more then my first bird ever did?!?! I will update everyone as I learn more in tomorrow's test but as of now I have no confidence in this bird I might have to go exchange it again.

[size=14.6667px]Update* I've determined that the gimbal motors are defective due to the fact that it doesn't pan all the way up only center and then down that's it.

2016-4-13
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-13 20:48
This is the problem with the P4, it's a lottery crapshoot. I'm on my third P4 and I'm happy with it  ...

I updated the issues take a look, and ohh boy.. sounds stressing already.
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-4-13 23:54
I updated the issues take a look, and ohh boy.. sounds stressing already.

there is a setting in for the gimbal to look up  by default it is usually off,    while all connected to the drone and with camera open, open up the setting menu,  top right tab.       hit the little gimbal and camera picturem, then advanced settings.   Enable upwards gimbal tilt 30 degrees.   

hopefully this is off and will help you out by turning it back on
2016-4-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-13 23:14
there is a setting in for the gimbal to look up  by default it is usually off,    while all connec ...

2016-4-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-13 23:14
there is a setting in for the gimbal to look up  by default it is usually off,    while all connec ...

My last P4 was ready to go of the box I didn't have to unlock the gimbal? but that still doesn't explain the nasty gimbal motor noise I'm getting.
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-4-14 02:23
My last P4 was ready to go of the box I didn't have to unlock the gimbal? but that still doesn't e ...

i listened but couldn't really hear it,   can't really turn up my sound that much because ill wake my wife up.   i just hear loud start up noise and little noise from the gimbal,  doesn't really sound bad but ill have another listen in the morning when i can turn the sound up
2016-4-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-13 23:47
i listened but couldn't really hear it,   can't really turn up my sound that much because ill wake ...

Thanks a lot, goodnight for now.
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

projeffrey11 Posted at 2016-4-14 02:48
Thanks a lot, goodnight for now.

did you see the setting for gimbal to look up?  
2016-4-13
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-14 00:10
did you see the setting for gimbal to look up?

Yes I did, the gimbal tilt-up just fine but it still makes that mechanical tension sound.
2016-4-13
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

that sound you are hearing is the stepper motor stopping hard between its coil seg steps, we have three 3D printers at my place of work and they make a much louder sound when there started as the motors are bigger but once started they work fine sound like the P4 is ding the same i will check later if i get the same sounds.

if it tilts ok and doesn't make that sound when in use it should be ok
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules