Flying indoors with P3S (large space)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nightingale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Netherlands

Is it doable to fly inside in a large hall at 4 to 5M altitude with a P3S?
I guess I have to fly in atti mode to not accidentally activate the RTH mode.

But how does she holds up inside stability wise? And do I get a compass error or is this switched of in atti mode?

Love to here your thoughts!

Thanks!
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It would be better to fly with enough signal. Flying indoors requires advanced skill of piloting aircraft.
2016-4-14
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

@DJI-Paladin thanks! But will the P3S go totally berserk if all help is switched off? I guess I will not get much signal at this indoor place. I could try it in GPS and make the P3S hover when RTH is activated.

Anyone that has done this?
2016-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nightingale Posted at 2016-4-14 20:59
@DJI-Paladin thanks! But will the P3S go totally berserk if all help is switched off? I guess I will ...

It is extremely unlikely you will get any sort of GPS reception inside a large building, so it is best to not enable it. Fly in A mode, but practice outdoors until you are confident you can control the aircraft properly. ATTI mode is like full manual, and when in that mode you will quickly learn why the Phantom has all these cool automatic features.
2016-4-14
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

@Geebax thanks! I will do that. In atti mode,... will I still have altitude hold?
2016-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nightingale Posted at 2016-4-14 21:09
@Geebax thanks! I will do that. In atti mode,... will I still have altitude hold?

Yes, I believe so.
2016-4-14
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

I found this guy fiddling around with the 2 modes,...

Makes me wonder that in a hall with no wind it should hold quite nicely. Accept when you are accelerating you need to push back to break.
2016-4-14
Use props
mike_brown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes you will retain altitude hold but the bird will continue to drift once any move is initiated. You will need to manually counter this by applying a command in the opposite direction. I would highly recommend that you buy a cheap trainer drone like a Hubsan X4
2016-4-14
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Netherlands

@mike_brown I have an old Vision Plus lying around. I will practice on that in an open outdoor area before going inside with is. And when I feel ok with it I will try the P3.

Thanks guy's for your advice!!
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules