Trip to Miami Shot on OSMO
1393 14 2016-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone I shot this video all on the OSMO and did not do any color grading to the shots. Just looking for some opinons on the clips and maybe some tips on how I can make better movements and how to make the best use of manual exposure. Thanks enjoy.   
2016-4-14
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally a camera operating with the osmo I appreciate..!
2016-4-14
Use props
richard.silver
lvl.2

New Zealand

Great video and very well edited! Like the soundtrack too. Could I ask the name of the artist and song?
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Those are all very nice sceneries!
Look forward to more of your good works!
Thanks for sharing in our Forum, hope you'll enjoy our Forum, as well!
2016-4-14
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

Loved the footage specially since Miami is my home town!
2016-4-15
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

Let me ask you though. On what settings did you have your Osmo as far as scene type and contrast and exposure settings . I'm asking because I have a few challenges getting my Osmo fine tuned to look like your video does. Did you use any ND filters and for the high shots was that hand held or drone powered? Any feedback on video settings would be greatly appreciated thanks
2016-4-15
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

richard.silver@ Posted at 2016-4-15 00:02
Great video and very well edited! Like the soundtrack too. Could I ask the name of the artist and so ...

Song name with link is in description of youtube video, I think it is called Shine by Matoma.
2016-4-15
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

stevencossio@gm Posted at 2016-4-15 07:24
Let me ask you though. On what settings did you have your Osmo as far as scene type and contrast and ...

Well that is also what I would like to learn, I want to make my exposure a little better without using auto. I do not have filters but I changed the color setting to Vivid in some cases because none and D-Log was not true to what I was seeing with my eyes color wise. I do not have a drone however, although a phantom 4 would be a nice luxury, maybe those high moving shots you thought was a drone was just me on my skates holding the OSMO up on the extension rod.
2016-4-15
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

stevencossio@gm Posted at 2016-4-15 07:24
Let me ask you though. On what settings did you have your Osmo as far as scene type and contrast and ...

Oh I just noticed you also have a post about color in your video. I think having the OSMO on Vivid in high sunlight while keeping the exposure and shutter down on M mode makes for the best conditions. I wish the lighting was like that all the time everywhere because I also don't like adjusting all the settings and wasting time, but I do it for the shot. Also there is a manual temperature slider in the lighting presets menu and just have the "sunny" option on too.
2016-4-15
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

yojo142@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-15 15:41
Oh I just noticed you also have a post about color in your video. I think having the OSMO on Vivid ...

ND filters would help those bright scenes to look a lot better because the exposure is set to the sky and therefore anything that's in a shadow is way too underexposed.
2016-4-15
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

yojo142@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-16 03:41
Oh I just noticed you also have a post about color in your video. I think having the OSMO on Vivid ...

awesome , thanks for the advice.
I will test out some of those settings tomorrow and put them to the test. again I appreciate you sharing some best practices
2016-4-15
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

rpknowles Posted at 2016-4-16 05:28
ND filters would help those bright scenes to look a lot better because the exposure is set to the  ...

Thank You, would you recommend Polaris or Neewer?
I get mixed reviews from both.
2016-4-15
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
Puerto Rico

Pretty good stuff. The hyperlapse on the beach going past the lighthouse was well done. I also liked the barely above the asphalt shot of your son's skates. Vid was a little long though. But very nicely done.
2016-4-15
Use props
yojo142
lvl.1

United States

lancegriggs Posted at 2016-4-15 17:51
Pretty good stuff. The hyperlapse on the beach going past the lighthouse was well done. I also liked ...

All the shots were self shot actually with occasional assistance from sister,  but that Is me on the skates haha,  thanks for the comments.
2016-4-16
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

Can you post the Video on Vimeo too ? In Germany it is not possible to watch the film on youtube because of special restrictions of copyright questions for using comercial music.
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules