Z-Axis, for more stable and smooth footage on the OSMO with X3
1234Next >
11953 148 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

small_OSMO_PART_47__Z-Axis__1_.JPG small_OSMO_PART_47__Z-Axis__5_.jpg small_p2.jpg small_p3.jpg

Z-Axis, for more stable and smooth footage on the OSMO with X3

The Osmo Z-Axis can significantly reduce vertical shaking from natural arm movements when walking or jogging. It is compatible with the Zenmuse X3 gimbal and camera.

Go Order now!

2016-4-15
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Neat! Looking forward to sample comparison videos?
2016-4-15
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118806 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi, was waiting for that one
2016-4-15
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hi, i was waiting for that one.
2016-4-15
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hmm problem with posting on phone sorry. Could you please tell me if it's available for France? I'd like to test it quite fast, kinda need it to go to Peru in like 2 weeks. Thanks for your answer!
2016-4-15
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

So...

X5 version?
2016-4-15
Use props
shabbir.siraj
lvl.1

Palestine

Interesting accessory, one which will certainly give Osmo users an edge. But, shouldn't this have been a part of Osmo's design from the start? Walking with the Osmo in hand usually yields results that are satisfactory, but I still think that this is similar to the horrendous sound fiasco; a design flaw that made it to the production model.

Did the DJI team have this accessory in the works already before the DIY stuff came around or after?

Although I'm bowled over by what the Osmo can deliver in terms of stabilization and quality of footage, but this accessory makes me think that DJI is milking every cent out of its customer base. For new customers IMHO, the accessory should be included in the package even if it elevates the retail cost a bit.
2016-4-15
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well, that's mine ordered.

I'm assuming that this is the device that Philp Bloom was testing in one of his more recent blog articles.

With the extra dampening of vertical movements while moving, the Osmo should become a much more useful camera.

(I found that walking over undulating ground, now matter how much you tried to "walk like a ninja" resulted in footage that was pretty much sub-par.)

So. Looking forward to using it -- just hoping that it doesn't takes weeks to arrive.
2016-4-15
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

shabbir.siraj Posted at 2016-4-15 08:47
Interesting accessory, one which will certainly give Osmo users an edge. But, shouldn't this have be ...

It's a 3-axis gimbal. Not a design flaw, the majority of products on the market are 3-axis and require careful vertical movements.
2016-4-15
Use props
shabbir.siraj
lvl.1

Palestine

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-4-15 18:16
It's a 3-axis gimbal. Not a design flaw, the majority of products on the market are 3-axis and req ...

You're right, it's advertised as such, I jumped the gun on this one. But the question still remains whether this accessory is something that was thought up of after the launch of the Osmo or if it was something included in the marketing plan all along.

I'm sure that the majority of users would liked to have this extra axis as part of the design from the get go.  
2016-4-15
Use props
luiggiberrios.g
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377238 ft

Super !!! I was waiting anxiously for this one !!!! I already ordered!!
2016-4-15
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56365 ft
United Kingdom

Just ordered mine, had been looking at 3rd party ones that cost almost the same, but happy to see a official one is now out that looks much better. Looking forward to it coming.
2016-4-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Only for X3?
2016-4-15
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Looking at how it's designed, it plugs into the top of the handle and then basically you're left with the same fixing point on the Z-Axis as you would with the handle, basically that end becomes the top of the handle, so really you should be able to fit the X5 adapter and camera on to the Z-Axis, as if you was just fixing it to the top of the handle.
2016-4-15
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-4-15 13:56
Well, that's mine ordered.

I'm assuming that this is the device that Philp Bloom was testing in one ...

I've ordered it as well - it should be great!
2016-4-15
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm not the only one wishing to order one of these, as other have said, will the X5 and adaptor fit this and balance properly? Please DJI more info please. Finger hovering over the purchase button
2016-4-15
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Adela could you confirm compatibility with x5 or is there one in the pipe line for future release please.
2016-4-15
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reply "Coming Soon"
2016-4-15
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 736033 ft
United States

C.Birch Posted at 2016-4-15 11:20
Looking at how it's designed, it plugs into the top of the handle and then basically you're left wit ...

Even if it fits, it might be a weight distribution issue that would make the z-axis ineffective.
2016-4-15
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Looks like essentially a miniature version of a GlideCam/SteadyCam arm. Great if it works. As I told a client recently, that's a lot of what i love about my Osmo -- no more back splitting monster GlideCam vest system or crashing into things on set! If this works, great!
2016-4-15
Use props
C.Birch
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rpknowles Posted at 2016-4-15 21:50
Even if it fits, it might be a weight distribution issue that would make the z-axis ineffective.

That's true but it does look like you can tighten or loosen the spring, guess it's a guess of wait and see if DJi comment on if it works. It should fit, but like you say the added weight might be a problem.
2016-4-15
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Eagerly awaiting a review!
2016-4-15
Use props
benningerTV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312461 ft
Germany

+++ for the X5 on it!!
2016-4-15
Use props
benningerTV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312461 ft
Germany

The problem will be the weight. 221g for the X3, 526g for the X5 + Adaptor...
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-4-16 01:47
Adela could you confirm compatibility with x5 or is there one in the pipe line for future release pl ...

Hi,
As far as I know, it's not compatible with X5. The X5 need to be mounted on the Adaptor to work on the Osmo handle, well the connector of the Adaptor is not compatible with X3 connector.
2016-4-16
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
Puerto Rico

Any hands on? Come on peeps! Do I need to order one?
2016-4-16
Use props
c.deat
lvl.1

This accessory has for mission to correct the defect? that I have just mentioned on dji osmo with the X 3 camera, or even the X 5 or the X5r. Thank you for your reply.  Christophe
2016-4-16
Use props
c.deat
lvl.1

Hello, unconditional fan of dji osmo for all its qualities, however I see some annoying flaws for videos without problem. In walking or running, there are in the image as the rebounds to offset the movement. Yesterday, on your site, I have noticed that Dong was marketing a new accessory called Z Axis. This accessory has for mission to correct the defect? that I have just mentioned on dji osmo with the X 3 camera, or even the X 5 or the X5r. Thank you for your reply.  Christophe
2016-4-16
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

shabbir.siraj Posted at 2016-4-15 21:27
You're right, it's advertised as such, I jumped the gun on this one. But the question still remain ...

I think the z axis adaptor for the x3 has been in the pipe line for as long as the x5 adaptor has!
2016-4-16
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 09:55
Hi,
As far as I know, it's not compatible with X5. The X5 need to be mounted on the Adaptor to wor ...

Is there going to be one seems short sighted on dji's part not to include compatabilty to the x5 range of lenses
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

c.deat Posted at 2016-4-16 21:08
Hello, unconditional fan of dji osmo for all its qualities, however I see some annoying flaws for vi ...

The Z-Axis is designed to stabilize the fluctuation in vertical axis while working or slow running. Since 'NINJA' need a little practice, some of our clients may still find the effect is not satisfying, with the Z-Axis, it will become easier to control the vibration caused by vertical movement during working.  
2016-4-17
Use props
Superbaso
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

i would like to see some video in selfie mode with the 4th axis mounted....for me there will be some problem in that case because the camera will be steady while the subject will move up and down...
2016-4-17
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

China

Any concern from DJI on the wear and tear on the X3 camera contacts if we frequently attach/remove the Z-Axis attachment?
2016-4-18
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hi i ordered it too, could you please tell me more about that problem?
2016-4-18
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sdchew Posted at 2016-4-18 10:07
Any concern from DJI on the wear and tear on the X3 camera contacts if we frequently attach/remove t ...

I'm concerned about that as well. Since I don't use the Osmo standard case anyway, I will keep the Z-Axis part permanently attached and keep the whole piece of equipment in a proper flight case...
2016-4-18
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.2
United States

robind_r Posted at 2016-4-18 11:29
I'm concerned about that as well. Since I don't use the Osmo standard case anyway, I will keep the ...

I like your idea about keeping it in a case all the time, but where can you find a case that's a proper fit for the Osmo WITH the z-axis attached?
2016-4-18
Use props
rpknowles
lvl.2
United States

I'm hoping we'll see some good side-by-side comparison videos of the Osmo with and without the z-axis attachment so I can see its abilities in action before purchasing.
Edit: answered my own question.  I finally found a video with some comparison shots.

2016-4-18
Use props
joel.schindel
New

Canada

rpknowles Posted at 2016-4-19 00:17
I'm hoping we'll see some good side-by-side comparison videos of the Osmo with and without the z-axi ...

Hope this helps those who have already purchased the X5, but it in the video there are 2 x5 adapters. I assume that the one connecting the handle and z-axis is unnecessary and only there because the guy was using it to show the adapter with X5 only.
Let me know what you all think.

2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-4-18 17:07
Any concern from DJI on the wear and tear on the X3 camera contacts if we frequently attach/remove t ...

Hello!
We'll take this factor into account.
Thanks for your post!
2016-4-18
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rpknowles Posted at 2016-4-18 16:42
I like your idea about keeping it in a case all the time, but where can you find a case that's a pr ...

Easy - I bought a silver flight case from Amazon for around £50, the type with pre-cut foam padding that you can pull out to make the right shape around your equipment. At the moment, it has the Osmo plus all the accessories in it, as well as filters etc.
2016-4-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules