Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best thread for support?
1295 23 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mla
lvl.2

I have a felling I'm gonna need a bit of help, sounds like firmware is a nightmare etc. My first problem is I can't get my new x5r out of travel mode, remotes and seem to be connected, everything looks OK, but toggling the landing gear is doing nothing, can anyone help?
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Make sure it is on a flat, level   smooth surface.  Like a hardwood floor NOT CARPETING.  Make sure you do not have camera connected.
Also if you just bought this, please read the manual twice before doing anything. Also I will give a couple of tips.  

Read the Release notes before you do any updating.

Use a PC and not a MAC when first starting out during downloading Firmware. ( In the future you can try a MAC if you know what you are doing)

When updating- be sure to always update the Aircraft First.

Do not believe what everyone writes on the forum to be fact, make sure you see consensus from others.

If you just bought the x5 raw I am going to assume you know a lot about photagraphy, otherewise it is like having a race car to get groceries .

Dont get over your head to fast, build confidence slowly.

Make note that you have the Pro model and X5 camera , make sure you get your downloads from the appropriate pages and all converssations on the thread may not pertain to the Pro model and X5 camera.

Be sure to utilize the" Magnifying glass "search tool  for questions, BUT keep in mind the information may be outdated, use it as another tool to find answers.
Be sure to acknowledge when a forum members give advice  and if the answer solves the challenge at hand , good or bad, that way in the future forum members can find answers and not just questions.  

Hope this helps- donnie

travel.PNG
2016-4-15
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you, by chance, only upgraded your remote controller to the latest firmware, then it will be unable to communicate with the aircraft because of encryption differences. You will need to downgrade the RC and then use the latest RAW firmware v1.8.1.20 to upgrade the aircraft first and then the RC...

If you did upgrade your RC(s), then you should be able to roll the RC firmware back by powering on the RC with your mobile device connected to WiFi/Internet, and then from the Camera Connect screen in the GO App, press and hold the Graduation Cap (Academy) icon for 5-10 seconds. When you release the press, the RC install/downgrade firmware dialog sould appear...

If your RC hasn't been upgraded then please follow Donnie's excellent previous advice...
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2

I haven't done any upgrades at this point, and the RC and AC seem to be communication or at least indicator light would suggest that they are communicating.
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2

If i don't have access to a PC are there any tips to using a Mac for the firmware, if I give the Micro SD card a DOS format will that do the trick??
2016-4-15
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-16 03:05
If i don't have access to a PC are there any tips to using a Mac for the firmware, if I give the Mic ...

Did you get the aircraft out of travel mode yet?
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-15 09:46
Make sure it is on a flat, level   smooth surface.  Like a hardwood floor NOT CARPETING.  Make sure  ...

Thanks for you advice, every little bit helps.
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-15 14:07
Thanks for you advice, every little bit helps.

Are you out of travel mode ?  I can offer more help and Terry Lewis also visited your Post, He is a walking book of DJI Answers.

Donnie
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-16 03:11
Are you out of travel mode ?  I can offer more help and Terry Lewis also visited your Post, He is  ...

Yes, I'm stuck trying get the landing gear down, everything else hinges on that step, can't attach the gamble or upgrade the AC firmware until that happens, thanks
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-15 14:27
Yes, I'm stuck trying get the landing gear down, everything else hinges on that step, can't attach ...

OK, underneath the Aircraft if you slide the front part of the Gimbal assembly forward   ( Actually moving the gimbal Forward  toward the nose) . you will see a small Flathead screw , If you take and just turn that screw about an 1/8 of a turn clockwise  Then try the procedure again.  
Make sure camera is NOT connected
Do you have TWO transmitters ?  you could try the other Transmitter, only one will be Linked to the aircraft.  

You can also exit the Travel Mode through the GO app, just get started on registering with DJI and on the 'Aircraft staus " page on the very bottom when the aircraft and Rc are on you can exit the travel mode there as well.   

Make sure the  batteries to the aircraft are full also "Fully Charged "

Clockwise will  lower the landing Gear

CC will raise the landing gear.  

You have not done any updates or anything correct ?   

If you reply to my e mail, I can send a short video of where the Screw is at.  

I think you should look on the Go app and see if you can see it on the bottom of the "Aircraft Status" page  Exit travel mode

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-15 14:27
Yes, I'm stuck trying get the landing gear down, everything else hinges on that step, can't attach ...

If you are going to try with a MAC for you downloads just make sure you format  the SD card on the Aircraft.  Then make sure you have the right file and download only the Bin file.  The Mac will automatically Unzip the file.  Just take the BIN file and load it to the Formatted SD card that you formatted on the aircraft.  I would rather see you use a PC for the first one so you dont get into trouble but  at the very least FORMAT ON THE AIRCRAFT.

lets get it out of travel mode right now .

Donnie
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Got the landing gear to lower, FINALLY, Thanks for your help. Now to try to upgrade the firmware, hold on tight!!
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-16 03:52
If you are going to try with a MAC for you downloads just make sure you format  the SD card on the ...

Donnie, Thanks again for your help. One more question, my AC is blinking yellow as its upgrading firmware, is this normal? the manual says it should be green/red, of course yellow kinda a combination of the green and the red so maybe its fine??
2016-4-15
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Reading further I figured out that flashing yellow just means the RC is off. My AC doesn't seem to want to take the firmware. What to try next?
2016-4-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-15 18:47
Reading further I figured out that flashing yellow just means the RC is off. My AC doesn't seem to w ...

Are you ok now ?  I am sorry  I had some things to take of  and forgot to check back.  Please tell me You did not Use the Mac for your first Update.........

Give it to me straight ,  I have heard it all...............

Donnie

2016-4-16
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-16 19:14
Are you ok now ?  I am sorry  I had some things to take of  and forgot to check back.  Please tell  ...

No I used a PC, AC isn't initiating the firmware upgrade when I put the card in, it just starts up and blinks yellow (no remote message) I'll try reformating again and reloading the .bin file on the card and see what happens.
2016-4-16
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-16 09:10
No I used a PC, AC isn't initiating the firmware upgrade when I put the card in, it just starts up ...

Do you know what version of firmware it started with ?    Be sure to get the aircraft loaded first before the RC transmitter for sure .   Make sure you have the firmware for the Pro and then I believe you need to load FW for that camera as well.  I am not that well versed on the Pro so be sure to read the instructions for that camera system.
My lights always flashed yellow when loading as well.  Listen for the sound change that I describe in my tips.  When it is finished it sounds  like a one beat pause  two beat....one beat pause two baeat and so on.    Look for the word  " success"   on the SD card log when finished , THAT IS THE MOST CRUCIAL THING  ,  

donnie

2016-4-16
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-17 01:50
Do you know what version of firmware it started with ?    Be sure to get the aircraft loaded first  ...

Im using for the Inspire RAW 1.08.01.20 on a card formatted on a PC (FAT32). It interesting that you got yellow blinking lights too, I thought that was a bad sign, I'll let the yellow blinking go for 30 min. to see if it stops or there is any indication that the upgrade was a success. QUESTION: how do you see what firmware the AC is on?? is there a menu on the DJI GO app that shows this?
2016-4-16
Use props
mla
lvl.2
United States

BTW, last night the AC and remotes were communicating, I could get a video on the iPads and move the camera gamble around etc. I don't have props on the AC yet but when I tried to run the motors they didn't seem to respond.
2016-4-16
Use props
mla
lvl.2

so firmware upgrade  doesn't seem to work..But the AC is talking to the RCs, should I just leave things as they are for now? I'll be at NAB on Monday, maybe I'll pick some brains there.
2016-4-16
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-17 03:36
BTW, last night the AC and remotes were communicating, I could get a video on the iPads and move the ...

Have you registered the aircraft with DJI through the Go App yet? The motors won't power up until you first register. : )
2016-4-16
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-16 14:33
Im using for the Inspire RAW 1.08.01.20 on a card formatted on a PC (FAT32). It interesting that y ...

Place The SD card  Back in the computer that you loaded the BIN file with . It should say" Success " also it can state "Abort"  "Failure "  This update is the same as what is on Aircrat "
Yes, make sure you register  before  anything else, I believe I said that  in a earlier post as well.
Remember when you update the Aicraft and there is an update for the RC Transmitter , you MUST do both for the system to work.  Be sure and register with DJI before updating the Transmitter for ceratain .  The only reason you Motor wont run is becasue you have not registed with DJI  and you have not updated the RC.

I hope you read my tips page, it will help. Examples are for the Phantom Advance and Pro  but the Firmware dowload rules are the same For the Inspire.   
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid345614

donnie

2016-4-17
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

mla Posted at 2016-4-16 15:50
so firmware upgrade  doesn't seem to work..But the AC is talking to the RCs, should I just leave thi ...

Are you up and running?  I sure hope so.  It is not that hard once you do it a couple of times, I dont want you to get discouraged, it really is  much fun.

Donnie
2016-4-19
Use props
mla
lvl.2

Im up and flying, now I'm trying to unlock the SSD card so I can format it or do whatever I'm supposed to do to the camera to recognize it. Thanks again for all your help.
2016-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules