Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A way to know which esc you have without voiding warranty?
12Next >
6467 49 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Is there a way to know which esc are in your phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 without opening it up?
2015-1-14
Use props
mike
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Opening your Phantom does not void the warranty.
2015-1-14
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

You can actually shine a flashlight into an air vent on a Phantom arm, and look through the other side and read the numbers imprinted on the printed circuit board.  Not the paper label with the barcode, the other end of the ESC.  Mine has V2 there if that means anything.
WP_20150109_14_08_24_Pro.jpg
2015-1-14
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-1-15 10:10
You can actually shine a flashlight into an air vent on a Phantom arm, and look through the other si ...

You are a wonder my friend and thank you so very much. I did that and can see V2. I never could get that blasted little screw at the end out.
2015-1-14
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-15 11:13
You are a wonder my friend and thank you so very much. I did that and can see V2. I never could ge ...

Virtually all of he Phantom 2's have "V2" printed on the circuit board of the ESC. That only represents the ESC hardware version. The firmware version is printed on the white label at the other end, that's the only ESC version that counts.

2015-1-14
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Capt. Bill, you need a 00 Phillips screwdriver for the screw on the end of the arms. I use this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=NDZHBZM3CHR63OQQ
2015-1-14
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-1-15 11:30
Capt. Bill, you need a 00 Phillips screwdriver for the screw on the end of the arms. I use this one: ...

Is it possible than any Phantoms shipped with the upgraded controller have the incorrect ESCs?
2015-1-14
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-15 12:08
Is it possible than any Phantoms shipped with the upgraded controller have the incorrect ESCs?

Absolutely. Mine for example. Several other peope that have posted up around the web. My Phantom is flying fine. For now. But after contacting DJI and putting in a ticket, they wrote back to ask me to call and request an RMA. B&H, where I bought it, also has requested I send it back for exchange.,

If your Phantom has he 2312 motors and your ESC is labeled anything other than v2.1 on the white label on the ESC, then according to DJI, the combination is incompatible.
2015-1-14
Use props
Flightlutions
New
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

Anyone have a link or further information about what the problem is with the new motors and the V2 ESC?
2015-1-14
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flightlutions, check out this thread:
http://www.phantompilots.com/vie ... 9dc8dd3bfb02149b93b
2015-1-15
Use props
spuckett7
lvl.1

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-1-15 19:13
Flightlutions, check out this thread:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32903&sid=6a ...

Oh my... by the Phantoms mighty buzz!  Can someone PLEASE summarize those 17 pages of speculation, rumor and kernels of truth into a simple paragraph?!?
2015-1-15
Use props
tassanilla
lvl.1

United States

By all means, please!  As a newcomer to all of this I am having a really tough time figuring out the difference between fact and fiction.
2015-1-15
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-15 11:13
You are a wonder my friend and thank you so very much. I did that and can see V2. I never could ge ...

Hi Capt. Bill,

If you open up the phantom, take off the screws on the end of the arm off first. If you first take off the 3 screws on each arm you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to take the end ones out  without damaging the screws due to great tention on the end of the arm.

2015-1-15
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-1-15 09:55
Opening your Phantom does not void the warranty.

DJI told me not to open it that I need to send my serial number to them and they will let me know.
2015-1-15
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeepinocala, interesting. DJI's warranty does not state that opening the shell will void the warranty.

markus2015, I have no trouble opening my shell with this 00 Phillips screwdriver. And, it's easiest if you remove the screws on the end first.
2015-1-15
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

If I bought mine toward the end of December, which now is less than a month, is it likely that mine has the correct ESC?  I bought direct from DJI, shipped from LA to Northern California received in 4 days from ordering.  Or is the only way to tell for sure to open it?  Have had no problems that I can see.  
2015-1-15
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-1-16 02:08
jeepinocala, interesting. DJI's warranty does not state that opening the shell will void the warrant ...

I ordered on those, one I have doesn't work. I wonder if the screws are actually Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS)
2015-1-15
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Capt. Bill, it sounds like the screw might be stripped. Time to drill off the head perhaps.
2015-1-15
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

ZippyZapp Posted at 2015-1-16 02:15
If I bought mine toward the end of December, which now is less than a month, is it likely that mine  ...

Some have been shipped with the wrong/incorrect esc's in them. I have let them know my serial number they said they are going to check from that if I have the correct esc.
2015-1-15
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-1-16 04:24
Capt. Bill, it sounds like the screw might be stripped. Time to drill off the head perhaps.

I was careful enough to not strip, one I have just doesn't fit well
2015-1-15
Use props
mdurstewitz
New

United States

Is this officially posted anywhere on the DJI website?  
2015-1-15
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mdurstewitz , you can find the warranty details here:
http://www.dji.com/service

This is the only thing it says about opening the shell:
"Damage caused by unauthorized modification, disassembling or shell opening which did not follow the instruction of official manuals."
2015-1-15
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Can DJI tell if you have the wrong ESC's by your serial number?
2015-1-15
Use props
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

I read on another site that you can tell by the led lights on the Phantom when you turn it on.  If the red light doesn't come on (solid) until after you do the CSC, then it is at least V2.0 on the ESC.   HINT:  if you do this indoors, be sure to take props off first.  I didn't and when I powered down by the CSC method, it almost tipped over, I tried to stop it from hitting some furniture and almost lost a finger.    Always take props off and instead of CSC to stop it, hold left stick (throttle) down for 3 seconds.   Prevents tip over and loss of limbs...
2015-1-15
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

allbritt@verizo Posted at 2015-1-16 11:23
I read on another site that you can tell by the led lights on the Phantom when you turn it on.  If t ...

If I turn mine on in the house say to hook it up to the computer, I never have the props on. It is just so easy and quick to take them off. I am not worried about running it at low speed with the props off  but not at high speed. One time I had it connected to the computer and was playing around with way points on the cell phone. I happened to hit done and then go. It went full throttle. thank goodness it did not have props on it.
2015-1-15
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Do guys with V3 have the side of the motors printed with '2312'?  Mine does not and I have no ESC 'V!!!" printed on the label next to the QR code!
2015-1-15
Use props
mdurstewitz
New

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-16 07:48
Some have been shipped with the wrong/incorrect esc's in them. I have let them know my serial numb ...

Regarding serial numbers and DJI being able to tell what ESCs you have in your Phantom:

"Thank you for contacting DJI North America.
Unfortunately we cannot determine what ESC board is currently installed in your copter without having it here for diagnostics.
DJI Technical Support Team
DJI Customer Service North America"

You're going to have to open it up and take a look.  That still assumes the proper label is on the ESC. Hopefully if the forward LEDs light red when the system is armed instead of when it's powered up, that means you have at least V2.0
2015-1-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-1-16 12:21
Do guys with V3 have the side of the motors printed with '2312'?  Mine does not and I have no ESC 'V ...

Ad me to the long list of totally confused people. I have the Vision+ 3.0 that I bought a week ago but have not flown. I just opened the case and the ESCs do not have Version 2.1 on the white label but does have the 2312 motors, The front red lights do not come on until the motors are started. I see all these comments but have not seen anything directly from DJI. I bought mine through Amazon (Big Box Superstore), will DJI give me any support since  I did not buy direct from them?
2015-1-16
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Capt. Bill, yes, DJI will still support you. It doesn't matter which reseller you purchased your Phantom from.
2015-1-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I just talked to DJI tech support in Austin and here is what I was told. He was not concerned about whether or not the white label had V 2.1. He told me to start it up with the props off and let it run for a while varying the throttle. He said that I could run it full speed without props for 15 seconds. If I had a motor/ESC problem it would show up doing that.

Only a five minute wait and very nice to deal with.
2015-1-16
Use props
mike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Capt. Bill, what exactly would someone expect to see after 15 seconds if there was a problem?
2015-1-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-1-17 03:50
Capt. Bill, what exactly would someone expect to see after 15 seconds if there was a problem?

The motor would stop because the ESC could not handle the motor at high speed
2015-1-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Capt.Bill/PropNuts  How do you know if you have the 2312 Motors?  Are they printed on the side?
2015-1-16
Use props
Mori55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50909 ft
United States

Let me get this right,  I added the new motors to my v2plus , using the old esc. They are not labeled. I don't have red lights until armed
Seems to fly fine. But now I'm worried , what should I do ?
2015-1-16
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-1-17 05:20
Capt.Bill/PropNuts  How do you know if you have the 2312 Motors?  Are they printed on the side?

You can by the base. 2212 have flat bottoms and 2312 have cross shaped piece where the screws go. No number on mine.
2015-1-16
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

Mori55 Posted at 2015-1-17 05:31
Let me get this right,  I added the new motors to my v2plus , using the old esc. They are not labele ...

Mine doesn't have any V number on the white label but the Front red LEDs don't come on until I start the motors. It flies fine but when I wrote DJI and told them I had a V3 with no V number on the white label they said it was a manufacturing defect and I should get my dealer to replace it. My dealer won't and I honestly don't know if I have a problem. I think I could get a different answer from DJI every time I asked.
2015-1-16
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

I am simply going to open it up to check from what I can tell dji is not replacing any esc so if mine has the wrong version then I will just buy them and sell my old ones cheap on ebay. I really was never counting on the warranty since a good crash would more then sure void it even though it may be caused from manufacturer selling defective units from the wrong parts being installed. Not very responsible of them not to post something and cover any crashed units that were built wrong. It does clearly state on their site that the new motors are matched to new esc.
2015-1-16
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

mech@wispertel. Posted at 2015-1-17 09:40
Mine doesn't have any V number on the white label but the Front red LEDs don't come on until I star ...

It's a manufacturing defect and you should replace it.
2015-1-17
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

DJI just contacted me back saying from my serial number my unit should have the latest esc in it. I am going to check for sure and get the copper shielding mod done at the same time.
2015-1-17
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-16 01:39
DJI told me not to open it that I need to send my serial number to them and they will let me know.

How much you wanna bet they'll tell your serial number indicates that your ESCs ard all OK?
2015-1-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules