Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanlam115
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341355 ft
  • >>>
Canada

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-16 11:28
Its defined as measuring from the center.

I don't care what you do. You seem like you don't give a ...

So you fly at a field limited to one location.?
I dont think i will be the one making drone rules tighter for others. I dont go and fly 500 meters up like the majority of users who dont know how to fly.

You're right. Rules are rules. If I am wrong, i hope to hear clearly from TC about my recreational flights, on what and how I am flying. And hope TC can be more official rather than just having people like you give a bunch of warnings and dont's that might not be stated by TC.
If youre a plane pilot i can understand you are frustrated because some joe smoe doesnt have to pay and flies their drone around. Where pilots have to pay and go through licensing . I had a pilot yell at me because i was flying at 100ft.

Thank you for finally sharing your heart with me that you dont actually care.
2016-4-16
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Good job con sac
2016-4-16
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

Canh sat  damn spell correct
2016-4-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-17 01:45
So you fly at a field limited to one location.?
I dont think i will be the one making drone rules ...

Seriously, get a map and draw a 9km circle around the airport.  That is a no-fly zone.  You should be responsible for your own actions and not deflect your responsibilities.  It's up to you to follow the rules, not finding excuses like saying the rules are vague, or that you'll alter your behaviour when the SWAT team kicks your door in and gives you a more "official" warning.  It really does upset others that are trying to follow the rules and trying to persuade you that you may be doing the wrong thing, in the hope of you changing your behaviour.  Just admit to your mistake and promise to move out to another park a couple of km further away.  Problem solved.

Now, to your original problem.  I don't know why the home point jumped.  But it was about 500-600m away.  There was also another warning that it was out of range (Maximum flight distance reached, adjust it in MC settings if needed).  That looks like it is in training mode, where it keeps the aircraft close to you while learning, limiting the height and distance it can go.  By jumping 500m away, you are now considered outside of that zone.  I'm not sure if the software is happy for you to be there and at best will initiate some sort of return home, even though we didn't see that notification pop up.  Whether it is trying to go all the way home, or just try to get back inside the "training" circle I don't know.  My first thought once it wasn't responding to inputs and was wandering in that direction would have been to see if it had gone into that mode, and if so turn it off.  Maybe that would have returned control?  You are lucky you got it returned and in one piece, but I think it is worth having DJI examine your flight log and see if they can determine what went wrong.  If it was hardware related, you definitely should get it fixed before flying again as it is unsafe.  If it is software related, they need to know as it potentially affects everyone else flying out there.

park.jpg
2016-4-16
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

endotherm Posted at 2016-4-16 14:57
Seriously, get a map and draw a 9km circle around the airport.  That is a no-fly zone.  You should  ...

You àre right.
2016-4-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-16 10:28
Its defined as measuring from the center.

I don't care what you do. You seem like you don't give a ...

All of this has nothing to do with the subject of the post.  WHY DID THE HOME POINT MOVE?

By the way, in the US, it depends on the type of airport.  Some are measured to the center of the crossing runways.
2016-4-16
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

dkruseski Posted at 2016-4-15 11:29
"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t, then  ...

best comment ever for a fpv drone flier ;)
2016-4-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice share and good ending to your story   

Now you can go flying again.... yah

Rich
2016-4-16
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Because I posted about my drone setting its own homepoint when I selected: Set current position as homepoint. It jumped the homepoint to a place a block away from where the drone was.
I have the Phantom Standard.
DJI says I can have option of sending my drone in for diagnosis but from my understanding, if i send it in and they test and find out there is "nothing wrong" then.. I would have to cover return shipping which is ridiculous. My case of what happened can be found from my posts.

It was a miracle that my drone landed safely in a parking lot and a lady happened to be walking by and she called the police. and the police was smart enough to send a message to DJI with the MAC number of my standard.
and was able to reteieve my drone. But if the home point was set to a major intersection, that could have caused harm or even death . that is very serious.
So what can I do...  I will test the drone again and try to recreate the same scenario.  and this time I will have more records with me , camera and everything for the test flight. hopefully it will not jump home points again.
my fail safe will be to switch to atti mode if it does start flying away again like last time, and HOPEFULLY atti mode will bring my drone back with no problems IF it jumps home points again.
2016-4-25
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

make sure you are on latest App and fw
2016-4-25
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

I use this K-Index app, it is very small app and puts a 1-9 number on your phone/tablets screen, seems the K-Index on the day you flew was 4, 4 and above are the danger levels for interference.

"The K-index quantifies disturbances in the horizontal component of earth's magnetic field with an integer in the range 0–9 with 1 being calm and 5 or more indicating a geomagnetic storm. It is derived from the maximum fluctuations of horizontal components observed on a magnetometer during a three-hour interval."

Android app I use  https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .Kmonitor&hl=en
2016-4-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

snowsurferss Posted at 2016-4-26 09:02
I use this K-Index app, it is very small app and puts a 1-9 number on your phone/tablets screen, see ...

And the K-index is irrelevant mumbo-jumbo.
It's never been shown to have any significant effect on anyone's drone flying.
By the time the K-index is high enough to cause problems, flying your Phantom will be the last of your worries.
If you want details, go to: http://www.nstb.tc.faa.gov/reports/PAN86_0714.pdf

Look at P31-32
2016-4-25
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-4-25 17:27
Because I posted about my drone setting its own homepoint when I selected: Set current position as  ...

"But if the home point was set to a major intersection, that could have caused harm or even death . that is very serious."

Which is why you don't operate in built up areas as indicated by TC.

"So what can I do...  I will test the drone again and try to recreate the same scenario. "

So you will try back in that park knowingly within 7.7km radius of Buttonville, or another park to recreate the problem?
2016-4-28
Use props
hihi_shrek
lvl.2

Hong Kong

I am happy that your drone is safely back, nobody injured, nothing damaged.

Perhaps you want to see my thread as below.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369

Pretty similar incident, happened just last week in Hong Kong.

Took off, app says "take off, home point recorded".
Then pushed landing, it did its stuff. Then I cancelled it. Moments later, a NEW "home point recorded".
Started to drift to NEW home point, cancel it. But still no control. Crashed into trees.
Recovered the damaged drone, send the flight log to DJI.
If you look to the latest posts, that's how DJI reported finally. Perhaps it will interests you.

I look forward to hear what you think.
2016-4-28
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

quaddron3 Posted at 2016-4-28 05:07
"But if the home point was set to a major intersection, that could have caused harm or even death  ...

Yup.
Also, "a built up area" could also mean just one farm house . so where is the line?
2016-4-29
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

hihi_shrek Posted at 2016-4-28 07:14
I am happy that your drone is safely back, nobody injured, nothing damaged.

Perhaps you want to see ...

Hey thanks for your kind comment. Sorry your drone crashed. Im planning to try and recreate the similar situation. And see if gps will jump home point again or not. If it does, i will change to atti mode.. But if atti mode does not help me regain control, then, i might have lost my drone for good. But this time i will record everything.
2016-4-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

2016-4-29
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

lol is this saying I'm a troll?
2016-5-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-2 18:09
lol is this saying I'm a troll?

No,  actually.
2016-5-2
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

i don't get if this is sarcasm or not.
2016-5-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

ryanlam115@gmai Posted at 2016-5-4 21:47
i don't get if this is sarcasm or not.

It's not.  It was advice.
2016-5-4
Use props
virtualimagedes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man I'll just say glad you got it back but I'm not watching 14 minutes of that, holy cow. Edit that thing little.
2016-5-5
Use props
Raegoul
lvl.1

Canada

If he knew the regulations for recreational under 2kg uav, he would know that Transport Canada requires you be 150 meters away from buildings which he wasn't in the green space where he was flying.  Don't get me wrong.  I think 150 meters is way too far.  Just saying...  The TC rules were not followed so he's lucky the police didn't know the rules either and didn't report him to TC.
2016-5-5
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

Happy that it ended well for you.
What I find strange is that DJI provided the necessary contact information to the police. I'm pretty sure I've seen posts where people have requested if DJI could provide contact information for a specific drone and the response was no, so why in this instance they did?
2016-5-6
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Drugless Posted at 2016-5-6 11:12
Happy that it ended well for you.
What I find strange is that DJI provided the necessary contact inf ...

That is a good question!
Maybe DJI cooperates with police enforcements?
2016-5-7
Use props
ryanlam115
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Raegoul Posted at 2016-5-6 03:18
If he knew the regulations for recreational under 2kg uav, he would know that Transport Canada requi ...

Hey what do you think of this?

Sky Lantern release in memory of shootings in Toronto .
Oh no no no , they can  not do this , everything is restricted air space tsk tsk shame.

TC rules are just guidelines, not law. flying in the open field was not posing risk to aircraft safety.  - Police from the airport came to my house last time and they said if I fly, just fly more at the green space and they let me know that TC does have regulations but in the end, they're not too worried about it. -FROM POLICE COMING SENT FROM THE AIRPORT itself.  So I don't know about TC. I don't see TC coming to my house or contacting me to help me understand better what to do/ not to do. If this was really that important to TC, they really need to make it clear, not everyone has internet access - it's true!  - to see their "regulations".  Now, I am not saying I will continue to engage in this activity knowing my drone sets its own home points outside of my command, so please don't go saying, I will do whatever I want, like a previous commenting person.  

The drone flew away on its own, I have no control over that. I did not ask it to set a Home 1000 M away and start heading there.
2016-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules