Motor start and shutdown with CSC, both stick bottom corners are active
1572 4 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Everyone but me might already know this, but I was messing around yesterday with the props off, and discovered that the motors can be started and stopped with the sticks down and either stick at either of it's corners.

When originally reading the manual, and looking at the diagram for CSC, I assumed that both sticks had to push down and to the inside (center) of the transmitter.  Not so.  You can go with both down and to the inside, both to the outside, both left or both right.  I reread the text, and it does read "both sticks to their bottom corners", so it is not really a misprint, but I think the diagram should reflect it.

So if you knew this, good.  If you didn't know it, now you do, and be careful fiddling with your sticks in flight or on the ground.

Jamie
2015-1-14
Use props
mike
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

And, this is probably well known too -- but, never use CSC to shut down the motors. Always hold the left stick down for 3 seconds and the motors will shut off. It'll help avoid the common tipover that occurs to many people.
2015-1-14
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes, csc DEFN causes tipovers (basically because if you dont do it fast enough then during the 'travel time' of the sticks 'to the center corners' the craft things you are executing some crazy gonzo maneuver).  the throttle down for 3secs works perfect, i make perfect landings now since making that change.  

nice to know, jamie, id hate to inadvertently do some maneuver midflight and realize this when thinking 'but i didnt do a csc'.  thanks for sharing, defn didnt know that.
2015-1-14
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

hey jamie, in the post that i was asking about naza manual, they shared a link from dji and look what i found in the naza manual:

i wonder if it only does all 4 in naza mode but only the inside center in phantom mode (ill try it out before i switch to naza).  might explain the missing clarifying references in the phantom manual.
reference manual:  http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Guide_v1.26_en.pdf
2015-1-14
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

It does all 4 in Phantom Mode also.
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules