4469 8 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.hinkle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767411 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does that port output? Has anyone given it a try?
2015-1-14
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

It outputs video with or without telemetry info (you can enable/disable telemetry in app).  Also if you enable dual output you can use the HDMI output on your single controller unit to output to a monitor while still using USB to output to your tablet/phone.
2015-1-14
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

I plug mine into my FPV goggles
2015-1-14
Use props
casrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

"you can use the HDMI output on your single controller unit to output to a monitor while still using USB to output to your tablet/phone"

Why would you want to have a device connected via USB mounted on the remote control AND an HDMI monitor?  Do you have to have the Pilot App on the USB device in order to have the HDMI monitor?
2015-2-28
Use props
CoastalBird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692041 ft
United States

casrat Posted at 2015-3-1 11:43
"you can use the HDMI output on your single controller unit to output to a monitor while still using ...

If you are flying for another party, they may want to see the footage as it is recorded, to be sure you are capturing what they want.  You watch your screen (USB), they watch theirs (HDMI)
2015-2-28
Use props
casrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

So the HDMI screen gets its signal - sees what the camera sees - through the remote, correct? Signal comes from camera, signal runs through remote and out the HDMI port/cable to the screen.  It displays only video, NOT any other data that the USB device sees, and does not require the DJI pilot app on it.  I have a Black Pearl screen i used with the Phantom2.

I can see an advantage to having a screen set away from the pilot or camera operator. I don't like when people hover over my shoulder to see my screen. Of course they also ask 1000 questions and as you know, flying/operating camera requires 100% of our attention.
2015-3-1
Use props
zorgies
lvl.1
South Africa

Please assist if you can - I do not see the Mini HDMI cable anywhere on the DJI store???

Where can I get one?
2016-5-30
Use props
GuyNamedLindsey
lvl.2

United States

A good use is to tie in a SmallHD monitor (or any monitor you can upload LUTs into). Have telemetry on your usb device shooting LOG, and have your LUT applied in the monitor. Clients hate flat images.
2016-5-30
Use props
GuyNamedLindsey
lvl.2

United States

GuyNamedLindsey Posted at 2016-5-30 09:38
A good use is to tie in a SmallHD monitor (or any monitor you can upload LUTs into). Have telemetry  ...

Like this, I have a quick release on the monitor so I can pop it off and let the client hold onto it.
20160530121254_IMG_9423.JPG
20160530121333_IMG_9424.JPG
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules