Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P or P4
1293 13 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike_ellis_18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44787 ft

United Kingdom

Right guys

I'm about to purchase a P3P or P4, money isn't really an issue so doesn't come into it,

It's my first ever drone/quad copter

I do like the sound of sport mode on the P4, but I have been put off by what I've been hearing about the issues they have

I do like the look of the P3P but is the upgrade better to go for?

What's everyone's thoughts?

Thanks
Mike
2016-4-15
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There's no simple one-size-fits-all answer.
It all depends on what's important to you.
Both are very good machines.
2016-4-15
Use props
Mike_ellis_18
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ah ok, it's a hard decision as I would always just think the newer model is the better model, but I'm not sure that's the case here
2016-4-15
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mike_ellis_18@h Posted at 2016-4-16 11:48
Ah ok, it's a hard decision as I would always just think the newer model is the better model, but I' ...

When they jumped from The Phantom 2 to P3, the technology improvement was so great it was a no-brainer decision to upgrade.
But the P4 is a much smaller jump beyond the P3 so there's still a lot of life in the P3.
It's a great machine.
2016-4-15
Use props
joey.lopina
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft

I would say go with the P3 professional until all of the bugs on the P4 are ironed out
2016-4-15
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

P4 is better looking.

P3P is more tried and true. Slightly cheaper.

Depends on whether the wallet does the talking. If you have all the money to spend, I'd get the P4 personally if I was new to this. But, for people who already own P3's, I don't think getting a P4 is worth it.
2016-4-15
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

Stick with P3 Pro , it just works , P4 seems to have to many bugs right now..
2016-4-15
Use props
Mike_ellis_18
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying the P4 is a better machine.... I'm so confused
2016-4-16
Use props
Mike_ellis_18
lvl.1

United Kingdom

One thing that really puts me off with the P3P is that you can apparently see the propellers quite a lot whilst in flight on camera, is this the case?
2016-4-16
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

Mike_ellis_18@h Posted at 2016-4-16 06:44
One thing that really puts me off with the P3P is that you can apparently see the propellers quite a ...

Depends how fast you're going and where the camera is pointing. When I put the throttle down the blades  do come into my camera view, not all the time though
2016-4-16
Use props
Mike_ellis_18
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah see that really puts me off
2016-4-16
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Mike_ellis_18@h Posted at 2016-4-16 03:38
I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying the P4 is a better machine.... I'm so confused

The P4 is a better machine in theory.  The new features are,  or could be,  helpful to new pilots.  But there is a ways to go to get the bugs worked out.  You will certainly be quite happy with the P3 Pro or even Advanced.  My first Dji product was the P3 Standard.  I quickly outgrew that.  So I added an Advanced,  and I am happy to say that I am still very happy with it.  I am not a professional photographer,  shoot,  half the time some of these guys are discussing photography issues that are totally mysterious to me.  I just fly where I want to get to,  push the record button and try to remember to go slowly on the pans and tilts.  Sometimes I get the exposure right,  and that makes me happy.  My friends, not so much,  cause I want them to watch the videos.
2016-4-16
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

Have you flow drones before? If not just get something cheap first and practice with that (like a syma X5). Once you're done with that the current issues may have been solved.

Otherwise, you say money is no issue but did you consider accessories? Add a couple of batteries, some filters, a backpack/case and the price starts running up.
2016-4-16
Use props
PinkBlue
lvl.1

Thailand

I just bought p3p and also heard about the bug in p4

I think p3p is a good start ^^
2016-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules