UPDATE: 5th P4...Vision Sensor Error, hardware problem. This is n...
3547 57 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

You have every right to expect your P4 to work fully and correctly - as we all do - DJI clearly have a quality control issue and need to do more testing prior to launching new models
2016-4-17
Use props
ChrisElly
lvl.2

Mexico

Hi
I have had 7 P4 over a 2 week period the 1St one the i pad holder did not work then 2,3,4,5 no GPS or down load 6 ,gimbal  squeak 7 had big marks on the landing gear at that point I decided to call it a day I'm and i got a full refund from the Apple store i have sent a email to DJI and to Appel but no reply
2016-4-17
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-16 14:55
Okay everyone, I'm 99.99% sure that DJI is pranking me with some psychological experiment. On my fif ...

That's exactly how my last P4 was even though it had a perfect gimbal no noises what so ever, but it would drop up & down being unable to hold it's altitude. I've thrown in the white flag and have gotten a full refund at the Apple Store today.
2016-4-17
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-16 17:49
I bought the original from DJI directly...and returned it. It couldn't hold altitude. That's when I ...

I'm with you man, don't listen to ignorant people because  at the end of the day it's not costing them $1400+  I myself have experienced a bunch of problems with The Phantom 4  and I can relate to almost everything you claim is faulty on the P4  based on personal experiences with this product.
2016-4-17
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-17 18:16
I'm sorry for your experience, it really seems to be a bad luck...  Right now you have to calibrate  ...

I'm having bad luck too.
2016-4-18
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I have a vision sensor error every single time i power on my aircraft...until the GPS locks and the aircraft warms up, and it goes away every time.
2016-4-18
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

Dude, I couldn't believe this when I read it but I bought a second P4 a little bit ago and it stopped working with my Mini 2 and only worked (not as well as my first) but I tried SO HARD to trouble shoot it and then I just gave up and brought it back to Apple.

I went through a similar ordeal.  It was one after the other.

It seems to me that they are now sending out refurbs but they are not doing a very good job on the refurbs.  They are packaged different now too.

None of the several I went through at the Apple StoreSSSS today had stickers on them. I mean no sticker on the case, the little ones on the cameras, and none had the Lexar.

I have a laundry list of problems that so many of them had.  I finally said forget it, I'm done. I want to return it but the Apple rep convinced me to take it home and give it a shot for a couple days and see what happens and since he was so cool to me, I said okay.  I don't even know if I'm going to take it out of the box.

The best one still was a little wonky and it's what I have.  So bizarre.
2016-4-19
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-20
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

The more post I read like this, the more glad I am I went to the Apple Store within days of launch. I almost went the morning of the 15th. Feeling pretty fortunate. My stock UV filter was messed up (like bubbles in the coating), and so I have been dealing with support. Not impressed with the communication so far, really glad that it is a "minor" issue (I have an ND 8 and can still shoot). I'm not blaming users here, but I wonder what all these returns do to the viability of the product. I also really hope people aren't taking advantage of it, but man, some people sound so clueless "I crashed - I guess object avoidance wasn't working". When I wrecked My Phantom 1 by using the wrong screw, I didn't blame them even though it was terrible engineering on their part. I accepted the part I played in it. Anyway, really glad I'm not in the position of buying one of the returns!
2016-4-20
Use props
kirkd1989
lvl.2

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-20 09:58
Yeah, not quite sure what's going on with their manufacturing, but I'd be VERY surprised if there  ...

dude stfuuuuu wow lol mine is good im so thankful.
2016-4-20
Use props
waynekerryattew
lvl.4

Im on my 4th and straight out of the box IMU Fails tried everything... Sick and tied of all this am soooooooo close to giving up
Screenshot_2016-04-20-15-45-27.png
2016-4-20
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-20 21:58
Yeah, not quite sure what's going on with their manufacturing, but I'd be VERY surprised if there  ...

Was just throwing out guesses for the inconsistency.

I feel like a broken record, but again my first one was perfectly fine and still is.

I am working on my second. Right now I have no idea if the current one I have is working or not.

Wait, it DEFINITELY doesn't connect to my iPad which is bizarre and although it connects to my iPhone 6+, I just need a break.  I am so tired of dealing with it that I gave myself a 4-5 day break from even looking at it.

If there isn't some sort of fix or solution to my problem within this time period, it's just going back and I won't buy another one until it's somewhat sorted.

I would have been one of the silent "what is everyone talking about, thing works great" crowd if I didn't go buy another one.  Now I can't get one that is near the quality of the first one (that I bought from Apple on the firs run),
2016-4-21
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

madaerial Posted at 2016-4-20 23:18
The more post I read like this, the more glad I am I went to the Apple Store within days of launch.  ...

I'm talking about ones that are broken before they ever go in the air.

I had one screech so loudly because I had just gone to testing them one by one at the Apple store, the gimbal screeched so loudly that it turned heads at the Apple Store (a loud store if you've never been).  Guaranteed to end up a locked gimbal real soon, and at best it screeches loud enough to be heard in an Apple Store.

The we pulled out one and when we went to see what card was in it, it was stuck (the card).  We COULD NOT get it out, then someone at the store used pliers (and I'm already thinking, i don't want one that has to be pulled out with pliers) but maybe someone at the factory put it in wrong but when we got it out and it was some weird Panasonic card I've never seen, it did the same when we went for the next.

The one I currently have but have not tested outside of the store yet sees to have a quiet gimbal but it was the first time I was introduced to the slanted horizon but I updated the firmware and ran about 2 IMU calibs and a couple gimbal calibs and it looks straight for the moment but I haven't flown it yet and it definitely doesn't attach to my IPad.

We shall see.  My expectations are low so thats good.
2016-4-21
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
United States

waynekerryattew Posted at 2016-4-20 09:03
Im on my 4th and straight out of the box IMU Fails tried everything... Sick and tied of all this am  ...

Why are you telling him to STFU!?!?

I mean, I would be you and wondering "what's going on" since my first one works great too but as I am buying a second and having the same issues, I have empathy.  You should try it.
2016-4-21
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All these bad phantoms and returned items to Apple etc, Dji are going to have a mountain of this crap. Me, luckily, pre ordered one and got it only a few days after first date it was released for sale at Dji and apple and " touch wood " has had zero faults apart from sometimes it takes a while longer to warm up before I fly. I've had every phantom model, and I've been buying Dji stuff since day dot, and I can honestly say the press over the p4 is the worst I've seen. Advertising this almost crash proof drone has attracted all different types of flyers, and unfortunately some think it's never going to crash lets go flat out. Boom it happens........ Quick lets get back to Apple :-)....
2016-4-21
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

TK-421 Posted at 2016-4-17 11:11
I already outlined the problems with each unit I've owned. Out of all of them, only one was return ...

i got so scared when i saw this thread on the top of the forum.  thought your latest one crapped out.   now i noticed someone dug up an old thread of yours.   i really was worried for a min for you.     is your drone still kickin good?
2016-4-21
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-4-21
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States