trouble with gimble contacts
834 1 2015-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ebwelder
lvl.1

United States

I received my inspire 1 from the copter shop today; Thank you very much for your great service.
First power up gimble had no power. I removed the gimble and reinstalled it, same thing no power on second power up.
After playing around with the mount lock with the power on, I noticed the gimble jump.
I read on this forum some one else had a bad connection on the gimble contacts.
I loosened the 2 screws on the gimble mount contact pad "gimble side” as they did and then it started to work properly, everything appeared to be ok, the video signal was good. So next I tried the update the firmware but that failed several times. I adjust the gimble mount contact pad a few more times before the files finely loaded.
Bad contacts = bad data transfer?
So if your having trouble with the firmware update check to make sure you have a good contact in your gimble. I had to back off the two screws ~3/4 of a turn.
Hope this is helpful to some one; it took me 3 hours to finally get a good update
All seems ok now.
2015-1-14
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

I had the same problem, but my gimball still didnt work prorerly, would loose contact in flight etc. i also fixed it like you but after few days the gimball didnt work again, so i returned my unit.
I dont want to pay 3000 usd and then repair the product, in my book that sucks.
2015-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules