Aircraft unable to connect to controller
2131 8 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,

So I have an Inspire 1 V2 with two controllers. I know for a fact that the Inspire is updated to the most recent firmware available. The same can be said for both of my controllers. I flew the Inspire this morning with one controller and had no problem. I tried using the second so I could have my brother control the camera. The aircraft can't seem to connect to my second controller, anymore (it once did). I get:

1. The flashing yellow light on the Inspire
2. A solid red light on the controller
3. A notice in my DJI Go App that says "Remote controller connected, please connect your aircraft".

All batteries are fully charged. In the camera setting of the DJI Go App, there's a red bar that says "Aircraft Disconnected". Usually when I see something like this I have to update the RC. However, there is no such option here. Linking the remote controller through the App does not help, either.

Any takers?
2016-4-16
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Have you reviewed the manual regarding the appropriate settings within the App as it pertains to settings appropriate when using a second controller.  Yes?
2016-4-16
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

Note: I have tried using only the faulty controller (the good controller turned off), in hopes that the aircraft will only search for that one. That process still doesn't do the trick.
2016-4-16
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-4-16 17:03
Have you reviewed the manual regarding the appropriate settings within the App as it pertains to set ...

I've connect the second before... I know how to do that. But when I start the Inspire using the "faulty" RC only, it still won't connect. I can go in the App and see that it's on "Master" control as well. I'm not so much worried about connecting a second controller, right now... I'm more interested in finding out why the aircraft won't connect to the controller.
2016-4-16
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

SAFrankSU Posted at 2016-4-17 05:03
Note: I have tried using only the faulty controller (the good controller turned off), in hopes that  ...

Unfortunately I'm not certain I understand your response, (faulty controller vs good controller), however there are settings within the GO App (RC settings for master and slave controller) I apologize, I don't actually own or have had the occasion to use a second controller, however I believe a review of the manual in that regard may help you further until you receive some better info. to the contrary.
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Disconnected means the phone/tablet does not see the RC.
You said you know for a fact that the two RC's and Inspire are on the latest firmware. Can you look in the about page to verify the RC is on 1.6 and the aircraft is on 1.8.
Also, if the master is fine and the slave says disconnected, have you tried to use the slave as the master and see if it works that way.
Both USB cables show the charging icon on both devices?
2016-4-16
Use props
drewch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 374331 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue this morning. Using the steps outlined by DJI to Link an RC worked for me.  It took a few times to see the button for Linking RC at the bottom of the screen. As soon as I pressed the redlinking button on the aircraft, the process finished successfully.
2016-4-16
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

drewch@gmail.co Posted at 2016-4-16 17:50
I had the same issue this morning. Using the steps outlined by DJI to Link an RC worked for me.  It  ...

Drewch,

You won the day today. I apologize to everyone and anyone, who wasted their time with me.

I did have to relink. For those who encounter a similar issue... you have to relink the controller through the app. Once that process starts you have to press this tiny tiny tiny red button on the front of the aircraft. I had to get a flashlight and pencil to reach it.

Everything works great, now.
2016-4-16
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

SAFrankSU Posted at 2016-4-17 06:22
Drewch,

You won the day today. I apologize to everyone and anyone, who wasted their time with me. ...

Too bad Drewch hadn't spotted your post sooner, No, just kidding, it's all good, and simply another tip for those with similar concerns to zero in on.  : )
2016-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules