Will the Nexus 10 work well?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ishtarbgl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've all but decided to get a Phantom 3 standard, but it is unclear to me whether a Nexus 10 (older tablet with no cellular) will work well with it. It doesn't seem to be listed on any of the recommended tablets' lists I could find, but yet I do seem to find a few posts mentioning the Nexus 10. Can anyone confirm how well this tablet might work with the P3S?
2016-4-16
Use props
kss113
lvl.2
United States

With the nexus 10, I really can't deny or confirm. But if it cannot connect to a wifi signal then I doubt it will work, you need to be able to connect to the phantom via wifi.

You will also need a way to install the DJI GO app, to your nexus 10.
With my nexus 7 I had to copy the apk file to google drive or onedrive then from my nexus browser go to onedrive and download the file then install it.

hope this helps in some fashion
2016-4-16
Use props
ishtarbgl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. It has wifi. Also, the DJI GO app was on the Google play store and seemed to install fine. I just haven't gotten the P3S yet to try it and was hoping to possibly get some kind of confirmation around whether it would work, and if so, how well before I am forced to just test it.
2016-4-16
Use props
John Boy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes it will work.....you dont need cellular,you connect to the Standard by using its own onboard WIFI.Just use your WIFI at home to download the DJIGO app and you are good to go.If you want/need any maps just cache them onto the app at home before you go flying.I personally use the Nexus 9 but have the P3A.

Cheers
John
2016-4-16
Use props
Chicago Air Dro
lvl.2

With the prices coming down on the P3A and pro you might want to look at those, very nice birds
2016-4-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Can't tell you, since it's not in the list i've never used one...  ios: iPhone 5s,iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air、 iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 2、 iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad Air 2、iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c、Samsung S6、Samsung S5、Samsung NOTE4、Samsung NOTE3、Google Nexus 9、Google Nexus 7 II、Ascend Mate7、Huawei Mate 8、Nubia Z7 mini、SONY Z3 EXPE、MI 3、MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules