Poor radio signal
1313 4 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djelmore818
lvl.1

I have an Inspire 1 V2 and when I am flying the radio signal is poor and sometimes jumps to good but only for a second. I am in the wide open country side with no power lines, buildings or any other type of structure. I fly out 300 yards and start to get latency in the video and sometimes just loose the whole app as a whole. I have the latest update and now I am just searching for answers. I know the Inspire has a much longer range than that?? Any help would be appreciated.
2016-4-16
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Follow this thread

http://forum.dji.com/thread-27147-1-1.html
2016-4-16
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Along similar direction provided by Farnk666, review DJI-TIM's tutorial available in this thread......
2016-4-17
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Be sure that your antennae are NOT pointed in the direction of the aircraft. The signal radiates from the sides of them, not the tip.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

If you are getting poor signal and video latency at 300 yards in and open area and away from interference I think the problem may be your device. What device are you using? Below is the recommended devices, if you are not using one of those then your device may not have the processing power to make the app work. You can also try to lower the video transmission bitrate in the image transmission settings. Choose custom and then select the best channel and lower the bitrate. If you are in CE mode this option is not available but search the internet for a workaround.
Also here's a video to properly direct your antennas for best reception.

iOS Version v2.7.2.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.7.2. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

2016-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules