Blade adjustment
1638 14 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bwilkes68
New

United States

Hello
        I recently dropped my drone and now one of the blades is lower than the rest and touches the top of the drone canopy.  Everything looks fine and I can't see that anything was bent or damaged.  Does anyone know of any kind of adjustment to realign the lower blade to match the other ones.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Just wanted to see what information I could find before sending it off for repair.  
2016-4-17
Use props
PinkBlue
lvl.1

Thailand

My personal opinion is replace that blade with the spared one. I don't think we can adjust the blade back to the good condition. the blade is very important. the handicap blade may lead to uncontrollable, unstable or worse.
2016-4-17
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

I totally agree with the previous poster.  If the blade is bent it's structural integrity has been compromised.  Using that blade bending it back or not would be a HUGE risk.

I would replace all four of the props that were involved in the crash without hesitation.

Also make sure the motor itself has not been bent in its housing.  If you put on new blades and the previously bent one is still out of position you have a structural problem and will need to send it into DJI for repair.

Good Luck.
2016-4-17
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Never take an unnecessary risk with a Phantom.  They cost too much to not spend a couple dollars to replace props.  Examine the Phantom carefully for stress issues and motor/motor mount issues.
2016-4-17
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

Blades are not expensive compared to a crashed Phantom. Replace all 4 and keep flying.
2016-4-17
Use props
jaycee
lvl.2

China

You said everything looks fine and can't see anything bent or damaged yet the propeller is touching the canopy of the drone.

Like the other posters said, try a new propeller. If its still touching the body of the phantom then the motor is not properly aligned and will have to be fixed.
Cheers
2016-4-17
Use props
bwilkes68
New

United States

Thanks for all the responses.  I guess I should have explained the problem a little better.  My Bad.  I don't think it is a blade issue.  I have tried a couple different blades and have the same problem.  I don't know if the motor is sitting at a different angle now or what happened.  The  problem has to do with one blade is slightly lower than the other ones.  Still flies and does okay but I can see on top of the drone where the bade is skimming the top and leaving marks.  I was hoping there was some kind of adjustment maybe where the motor mounts to raise the angle of the blade slightly and bring it back up to match the other ones.  I do agree though that sending it in and letting DJI look at it would be the best thing to do.  Thanks for all the comments and info.  
2016-4-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

bwilkes68 Posted at 2016-4-17 22:55
Thanks for all the responses.  I guess I should have explained the problem a little better.  My Bad ...

Is anything on your shell cracked? Otherwise it's a motor alignment issue, which means you either need a new shell, or a new motor. Or that's at least what it sounds like to me.
2016-4-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Some pictures would also be helpful to see what exactly happened
2016-4-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Look at the bottom half of the shell under the motor (all of them).  Look for cracks around the screws.  This is only a first step.  With what you're stating, I would send it to DJI or to Drone Nerds in FL to be properly fixed.
2016-4-17
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

Get it fixed. Sounds like a motor mount is broken.
2016-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Or a bent motor shaft.
2016-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

sounds like a bent motor shaft. With the prop off, spin the motor and watch the shaft and see if you can see it moving up and down. Or the prop mount (hub is damaged.

Post some photos instead of us guessing what the problem is.

Rich
2016-4-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something needs repair. I wouldn't fly it until it is taken care of.
2016-4-18
Use props
kaikee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71325 ft
Singapore

Have you check the Propeller Installation kit holding the Prop?
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules