P3A less than a month old cracks already
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

So I have 16 flights (less than 3 hours) on my P3A and have a big crack on one of the arms going from the screw right to where upper and lower she'll meet. It's less than 1 month old, no crashes or hard landings.

I got it through Apple so am going to see if they will exchange it, if not how long am I looking for a repair? Do I have to pay postage to repair centre (despite it clearly being poor craftsmanship)?

Really disappointed.
2016-4-17
Use props
rob32trk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106978 ft

I've read that these cracks are caused from vibration from the motors and the over tightening of the screws. You may want to loosen then slightly re tighten the screw mounts to prevent further cracking.
2016-4-17
Use props
PinkBlue
lvl.1

Thailand

I  heard that the arm cracked is also caused from changing the drone direction too fast whey flying. The sharp turn will push high pressure on the motor and arm.
2016-4-17
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rob32trk Posted at 2016-4-17 16:39
I've read that these cracks are caused from vibration from the motors and the over tightening of the ...

I read the manual cover to cover - it didn't advise me to do that anywhere, over 600 hours on my old FC40 and a crash into a tree without cracks...

(I appreciate your giving helpful advise, the point is you shouldn't have to do this to a new product)
2016-4-17
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PinkBlue Posted at 2016-4-17 16:49
I  heard that the arm cracked is also caused from changing the drone direction too fast whey flying. ...

In that case the arm isn't fit for purpose - either the body should be engineered to withstand the flight parameters or the parameters on the onboard computer reduced to protect body.
2016-4-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I have hundreds of hours and a crash on my advanced and have not gotten any cracks yet. I had to replace the camera,  but the body is fine. I suspect you got one that was defective out of the gate.Time for a return.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, here is the contacting info of our service center in Europe.I'd suggest you to contact them for the crack repairing
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules