Osmo - viewing on more than 1 device?
3480 15 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richard.realpro
lvl.1
United States

When using the Osmo, is it possible to monitor from two devices at once, i.e. the phone that's attached and say an iPad or another phone? And if so, more than 2?

Thx
2016-4-17
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

i tried that too, you can't,  you can connect multiple phones as it is a wifi signal, but the Dji go app wont let you enter the live view
2016-4-17
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

If you use AppleTV, you can transmit the phone screen to a TV. I've done this in the studio for the director and production team to monitor the Osmo shots.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your questions!
I'm afraid it's not feasible to connect the Osmo WiFi to different mobile devices, nor safe would it be.
robind_r give us a good suggestion, you may wanna try it.
2016-4-17
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

robind_r Posted at 2016-4-18 01:19
If you use AppleTV, you can transmit the phone screen to a TV. I've done this in the studio for the  ...

My phone has Micro-Hdmi out and you can send it to a tv or a hdmi splitter to wireless transmition
2016-4-17
Use props
richard.realpro
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-17 23:15
I'm afraid it's not feasible to connect the Osmo WiFi to different mobile ...

May I suggest that dji develop a way to allow other devices to monitor the feed in a non-controlling mode.
2016-4-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

richard.realpro Posted at 2016-4-20 20:56
May I suggest that dji develop a way to allow other devices to monitor the feed in a non-controlli ...

Thanks for your suggestion!
We've recorded this requirement and our engineers will look into it.
As for the implemented date, please pay attention to our official website for any update.
2016-4-20
Use props
richard.realpro
lvl.1
United States

I'm back with a solution. I've used a lightening to hdmi plug for my iPhone to get a live feed out of the osmo. I also have a wireless rig so clients can watch from video village.
image.jpeg
2016-5-21
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

robind_r Posted at 2016-4-17 10:19
If you use AppleTV, you can transmit the phone screen to a TV. I've done this in the studio for the  ...

Hi robins_r,

Tell me how you do this.  You need to select the Osmo's WiFi signal in oder to make the Go App work.  You have to select your local WiFi network for your Apple TV to work.  How do you select both of these WiFi signals at the same time?
2016-5-21
Use props
Produktion
lvl.1
Germany

richard.realpro Posted at 2016-5-21 16:39
I'm back with a solution. I've used a lightening to hdmi plug for my iPhone to get a live feed out o ...

Hi, that looks realy nice. Could you please explain to me in detail, how you did it, and what gear you exactly used ?
2016-6-13
Use props
Burlbark
lvl.2

Produktion@diwa Posted at 2016-6-13 19:01
Hi, that looks realy nice. Could you please explain to me in detail, how you did it, and what gear ...

You can buy the cable off ebay for $30 Apple plug to hdim.
2016-6-13
Use props
Produktion
lvl.1
Germany

Burlbark Posted at 2016-6-13 17:54
You can buy the cable off ebay for $30 Apple plug to hdim.

the plug and the cable is clear but I'm interested in the wireless system
2016-6-14
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-17 23:15
I'm afraid it's not feasible to connect the Osmo WiFi to different mobile ...

It would be a fairly simple change to make the app only allow one control app at a time. That actually would make operation much safer and easier to work in more complicated situations. You could have someone controlling pan/tilt and iris while you drive the hardware. Maybe a separate monitor app could be created that only views the video with no controls at all.

If the hardware can't act as an access point that is a different matter. It seems like the Osmo has a very limited onboard wifi system. Maybe it could connect to another device instead of having to connect to it. That device, an access point or router, could then be the brains to connect multiple devices to the Osmo for monitoring and control. It could also be the way to stream successfully to Facebook and other streaming services which currently stream through cellular data.
2016-6-17
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

robind_r Posted at 2016-4-17 13:19

How do you reach the AppleTV when you have to connect the phone to the Osmo wireless? Do you use a wired adapter?
2016-6-17
Use props
alan.zapata
lvl.1

United States

richard.realpro Posted at 2016-5-21 10:39
I'm back with a solution. I've used a lightening to hdmi plug for my iPhone to get a live feed out o ...

This kind of build is why I now use my Osmo in an old DSLR cage. I mount an iPad to the back for view and all the extra wires and devices for this kind of setup in the cage. It can be fairly temperamental and i hope DJI gives us some minor updates which would do away with this need. Even a small hardware box built like the RAW SSD carrier would be great, with room to put a real HDMI output and real wifi access point into it.
2016-6-17
Use props
fans9cdd3607
lvl.1
Austria

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2016-5-21 22:19
Hi robins_r,

Tell me how you do this.  You need to select the Osmo's WiFi signal in oder to make the Go App work.  You have to select your local WiFi network for your Apple TV to work.  How do you select both of these WiFi signals at the same time?

Hi,
very good question! Is there an answer meanwhile :-) - THX!
Best,
Robert
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules