ATTI and GPS mode, RTH
942 5 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kcmusa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132067 ft
United States

Want to be sure I am clear on this before I get myself in trouble.
I know GPS mode will returen to home if signal lost, what about ATTI mode?
If signal is lost in ATTI mode, does it RTH or just hover in place till low battery?
2016-4-17
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

So long as you have gps connection, the Phantom will use gps to return to home, even if you manually select ATTI mode.
2016-4-17
Use props
classic2003
lvl.2
Flight distance : 632769 ft
Canada

What is the purpose of ATTI mode?
2016-4-17
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

classic2003@sym Posted at 2016-4-17 14:07
What is the purpose of ATTI mode?

Gives the pilot better control of the drone, ideal when filming in doors or tricky conditions without trying to autoposition.  Example flying over snow or water the quad gets messed up when trying to lock onto a pattern so ATTI mode gives you control. It will go into ATTI mode when it doesn't have a GPS signal.   What I don't like about ATTI mode is it still has Hover stabilization so it will auto level when you let go.  They really need to have a mode that allows pilot full control and turns off auto level.  This way you could get some amazing shots in FPV mode upside down,  flips, rolls etc
2016-4-17
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't think aerobatics are the Phantoms thing to be honest.  You want footage like that get a FPV racing quad.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

In ATTI mode, if the GPS signal is strong enough and home point is recorded, the drone can use RTH.
2016-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules