Go App not updating Flight Record location
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The flight records in my DJI GO app seem to be broken when it comes to recording the location, it is otherwise recording details as expected.  My equipment is P3A and iOS running on iPad Mini 3.  It was running the previous firmware, 1.7.60.  I have a constant internet data connection and an external bluetooth GPS to the iPad.

About a month ago I did a series of flights in the same location.  The first two flights recorded properly and the suburb appears in the flight record's location field.  The third flight, just 5 minutes later shows "Map Loading" in the location field.  The map data successfully downloaded for the area, and the GPS data was correctly received and recorded, it just wasn't translated to a suburb location.  No flight since this has extracted the location data, with all of then just showing "Map Loading".

I thought it was just a DJI server delay or the location hadn't been translated from the co-ordinates at the time, and I thought it would eventually catch up.  It hasn't, almost 6 weeks later.

I recently had more flights in a new suburban location, a few kilometres apart, yet the "Map Loading" entries are still applied to new records.  I have since updated the firmware to 1.8.80.

Does anyone know what is going on?  Is there a way of reloading the location update and forcing it to change?  Does this need to happen at the scene like geotagging a photo, or can it update at a later time when there is a restored internet connection when I get home?

I checked the flights on Healthy Drones and there is nothing unusual about the records, and they are able to translate the GPS to the correct locations.  I have previously had some "flights" recorded when I was testing indoors with no GPS, and the location shows a definite "No GPS" entry, as I would expect.  All my flights have been synced to the DJI server multiple times to no avail.

Please help, this is really annoying.

2016-4-17
Use props
frank.dellaert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Make sure you stop your video recording before turning anything else off and switch the aircraft off as last. The aircraft needs time to do some housekeeping before it gets the location names.
2016-4-17
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-18 06:41
Make sure you stop your video recording before turning anything else off and switch the aircraft off ...

I don't think that's it.  I normally do that, and I've left the power on when moving between locations.  I've had confirmed internet access during that time.  A few times I've stopped video to take some photos.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, what is the version of your DJI GO APP?  Have you updated to the latest version?
2016-4-17
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 17:21
Hello, what is the version of your DJI GO APP?  Have you updated to the latest version?

Everything is on the latest version:

iOS 9.3.1
Go App 2.7.1
P3A 1.8.80
RC 1.6.0
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

endotherm Posted at 2016-4-18 20:22
Everything is on the latest version:

iOS 9.3.1

The latest IOS APP version is 2.7.2. I'd suggest you to update it and give it a try again.
2016-4-18
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 11:21
The latest IOS APP version is 2.7.2. I'd suggest you to update it and give it a try again.

Thanks, that did it.  I thought 2.7.2 was Android-only last time I looked.  Weird that it didn't notify me that there was an upgrade, it usually does.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

endotherm Posted at 2016-4-19 12:04
Thanks, that did it.  I thought 2.7.2 was Android-only last time I looked.  Weird that it didn't n ...

You can check the settings of AppStore
2016-4-18
Use props
endotherm
First Officer

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-19 14:11
You can check the settings of AppStore

Sure enough, it's been turned off.  I didn't do it!  Thanks for the advice.
2016-4-18
Use props
Ezookiel
New

Australia

Mine does that for the vast majority of my records. Always has. And that's despite the latest version of the app.
Every flight is in range of mobile data, and the iPad Air 2 has it's own data SIM card, but about half or more of my flights just list as "Map Loading"

The flight record part of the app is beyond a joke atrociously bad. It varies from one day to the next how many of my flights it will actually show. I can do a sync all half a dozen times before it will decide to show me all my records, then ten minutes later, it's only showing half of them again. This part of the app needs serious work.
2016-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules