Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
controller update
8158 38 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to update my controllers firmware right now it's 1.2 ive tried usb flash drive , sd mem card with adptor to usb , and a USB cable from drone to RC with no luck?

the RC is still working i can plug to an Ipad and the i pad still see it and i can link it to inspire 1 and to the other RC so how do i update the firmware on this thing

i already did the inspire to the latest firmware

thanks
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi lapointe! Please check this video tutorial
2016-4-18
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

yes I've seen this but it does NOT show you how to update the RC with the USB port right now I'm still at 1.2XX need to get to the 1.3 so i can use a tablet to the next update the RC

thanks

2016-4-18
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

anybody has any other tips? I'm down and need to get this thing flying
2016-4-18
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft

lapointe Posted at 2016-4-19 11:13
anybody has any other tips? I'm down and need to get this thing flying

To Update the Remote, its easier to use a USB thumb drive at least 4 gb or 2 gb will work, format it to Fat32, and start 1 FW update at a time till you get to the current one, Just go to the Downloads page and Download the FW files starting with the one after your Version. Its the best way to do it right, you may miss something when just jumping FW Files. Drag and drop the down loaded WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin file to your USB Thumb Drive, turn on Remote ONLY with NOTHING else connected and wait till the FW completes, then move to the next FW WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin File and drag n drop it onto your USB Drive, but don't forget to delete the last files first. And update as before then delete files off the USB Drive, empty trash. Also make sure you restart your Remote After Each Update before the next, and then shut it off.

From this point make sure your iPad is up to date with the app being Version 2.7.2, and see if you can connect your Remote to the iPad App Only. If so you should be able to upgrade your Remote directly from your iPad, BUT DONT DO IT. As with the latest FW WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin you need to Update the Inspire FIRST. Also make sure you upgrade your Inspire to each of the new FW updates as you do the Remote. Its truly very simple. If you cant connect to you iPad Still just keep loading the next FW Files one at a time till you reach the Latest one, and then do the upgrade as suggested in the How to Update your Inspire.
2016-4-18
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

thanks cloud

ok i just spent the last 4 hours trying with no luck i'm used a 2 gig usb fat32 and fat loaded with 1.03 full charged cells  plug the usb in turned on the rc wait till the rc turn it self off a few times i done this with both remotes then tried bumping a stick to rest set the timer the master never changed it LED from red and the slave will beep beep in red then go into a purple never change its LED from purple  also i did one remote at a time i never see a text file on the usb  then when im done i plug in the ipad cable and reboot the app the screen comes up need to update the firmware

the currant firmware does not support in-app updating ?

one thing on one of my USB sticks it has a led light on the stick when plug into a computer the led will always be on  but when plug into the remote it will flash once but never turns on ?

2016-4-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

lapointe Posted at 2016-4-20 23:46
thanks cloud

ok i just spent the last 4 hours trying with no luck i'm used a 2 gig usb fat32 and f ...

I haved an Idea , why dont you try to download this file via the usb on the RC transmitter and see if it works.  Here is the link.  The file is special for the RC ONLY  It will bring you up to date. It should work, It is using the same concept of the old USB drives for the Update.
Let me know if it works.  Please read the whole page, only take 2 minutes.
Also on the bottom I will include RC tranmitter file 1.4, In case you may need to do that one first.  
These are special files only for the Transmitter

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.04.0030.bin

2016-4-21
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

ok i tried 1.04.003 and 1.060 with no results with 3 different usb drives and inspire then i tried 1.08.01.00 and got this as the text

==========1970.01.01 00:00:13==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller
========================================================================================

cool so i plug it in the ipad and i get

RC requires update
current remote controller  does not support in-app firmware

i get this on both remotes ?

so now what do i do ? is there a way to go back to 1.02 then redo the upload ?

beside i cant fly it i still can use the rc's to play with the camera  master and slave adjust setting record i also get all of the telemetry ?  so there not a brick or are they ?

thanks

2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

lapointe Posted at 2016-4-21 23:27
ok i tried 1.04.003 and 1.060 with no results with 3 different usb drives and inspire then i tried 1 ...

Ok , You cannot use the 1.8 firmware  for the RC.  I have a friend who is getting me the 1.3 file. I should have it later today.

The problem is you have an old RC controller ( I am sure you know this )  We must get you the proper file for the RC and then  you can update to the 1.6 file that I sent you in my post.

So give me a little time and let me see if  I can find it on my computer or a friend may have it.
Once you load 1.3 on the Transmitter, you should be able to load my 1.6 file and this will bring you up to date.  

What  version is on the Aircraft Right Now  you said earlier that it is loaded with 1.8 with Success is that correct ?  The only Version of firmware for the RC Transmitter that will work with that is 1.6
So we have 1.8 on the aircraft.  My plan is to get you updated to 1.3 ( with the file I am going to get you )  Then you are going to update through the Go aPP OR USE THE 1.06 FILE THAT I GAVE YOU IN THE LINK.   

donnie

Donnie

2016-4-22
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1

lapointe Posted at 2016-4-21 12:46
thanks cloud

ok i just spent the last 4 hours trying with no luck i'm used a 2 gig usb fat32 and f ...

I honestly cant understand why your not able to do any of these downgrades or upgrades, Ive Bricked my Remote due to a corrupt file when updating, then just did as i said, then upgraded back to the current. Ive never had any issues other than that, also I've went back to older firmware versions when things weren't right with them, or didn't like the way the upgrade was changing things. Its truly an easy process. Not that you don't know what your doing but I'm guessing you just got the inspire not too long ago, so this all maybe new to you.. Keep us informed and hopefully everything will get sorted out..
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

CloudChaserCT Posted at 2016-4-22 18:19
I honestly cant understand why your not able to do any of these downgrades or upgrades, Ive Bricke ...

The reason Is his is to old , it is before the GO APP for updating, this is kind of a special case.  

Version 1.2  He needs to get to 1.3 then he can update to 1.6 for the RC.

Donnie
2016-4-22
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-23 07:23
The reason Is his is to old , it is before the GO APP for updating, this is kind of a special case ...

Yes i can completely understand, i did the same thing with my First Inspire 1 when they first came out, I never upgraded it, till recent..Which i was able to skip several FW's instead of installing them one by one without issues, using the USB Thumb drive to upgrade only. My Inspire 1 Pro was always kept up to date, and my newest Inspire 1 V2.0 T601 is up to date also, so are all my P3's Advanced, Pro and P4.

So i can relate to this issues to the T which is why I said what i did.. Just didn't seem to understand why nothing suggested thats worked for others, doesn't work. But i also was trying to give a bit of encouragement also.. If there an issue with getting an older FW, which i always kept every one ever released.

I might be a good idea to Contact Tech Support to get the proper FW Version needed to carry on.
2016-4-22
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

i had this sense 11/2014  i did the 1st upgrade last spring with almost the same problem with RC's i finally got it to work ?
  then i flow all last spring then i put it up till this past weekend
i'm also a CNC and a PLC programmer plus been flying Radio control  planes and heli for over 15 years  so i understand whats going on i just i don't know this system
i may have one of the very 1st gen of RC ones ??

anyway i just tried your V1.03002  with no luck is there any push button code for the 1.2 ? like the c1+ c2 + top left and the scroll top right ?
my current
app 2.72
aircraft 1.8.01.00
rc  1.2.1.0
cam 1.8.01.00

thanks
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

lapointe Posted at 2016-4-22 22:34
i had this sense 11/2014  i did the 1st upgrade last spring with almost the same problem with RC's i ...

Try a reset with the 4 buttons  c1 c2  red record button top left and the Top right ISO wheel push down ( It clicks)  with the RC off press and HOLD these four buttons, now while pressing turn on the Transmitter, hold for a few seconds and let go.  This should re-set the RC to the factory default.

Then  I would load  the C1_FW1.03 that I sent you.  

Let me make sure of a couple things, You are formatting the Thumb drive with a PC and Not a Mac correct.  Make sure the BIN file is the only file on that Thumb drive.  Make sure transmitter is off when you load thumb  drive and after it is connected to the USB then turn it on.  It may take a couple of Minutes to start.  Also check the Thumb drive, see if it says "Success "  Or "abort "  It should give the hidden file so we can at least see what is loaded on there.
Make sure you are loading the BIN file and NOT  just drag and drop the whole file.  I am including a picture of the File tht should be loaded.
****You have a GL 300A transmitter ccorrect ???

Let me know- donnie

bin file 3.PNG
2016-4-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

CloudChaserCT Posted at 2016-4-22 22:01
Yes i can completely understand, i did the same thing with my First Inspire 1 when they first came  ...

You are correct CC, the Transmitter may be corrupted and may have to go in.  I am using files for the transmitter only that are used by Tech Support to fix the RC, so if the ones I am sending are installed correctly and still dont work , it must be a bigger problem .

Thanks for the Input though - donnie  
2016-4-23
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

yes im on a pc
yes i open the zip file
yes its the .BIN file is the only file on the stick
i never get a text file back
the RC our GL658A

2016-4-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

lapointe Posted at 2016-4-23 12:37
yes im on a pc
yes i open the zip file
yes its the .BIN file is the only file on the stick

I am sorry I do not have any more tricks left up my sleeve.  If you do find something that works let me know.  I would check the USB port on the back of the transmitter for any damage, it really should work.

Keep me posted, I would love to know what fixes it - donnie
2016-4-24
Use props
lapointe
lvl.1

United States

thanks

to me what is strange if they where a brick i could see it but they both work fine i can control the drone and the camera i can play with the ipad and do its thing but it will not update them self ive tried every combo, 3 different memory sticks, formatting them fat ,fat-32, every firmware version,the 4 rest buttons plus the BIG question its both RC's controllers  not just one it like it has to be me but what ?  

2016-4-24
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-24 13:12
I am sorry I do not have any more tricks left up my sleeve.  If you do find something that works l ...

Brad , here is the 1.3 update for the Inspire,

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.03.0020.bin

Be sure to load this to a formatted thumb drive, then load to the USB and then turn on the Tranmitter, it should load within 2 min. it should start.

If you have success  then you can try updating to 1.6 via the Go app or use my link below and start a clean install with  the 1.6 file.

In either case the directions are in the next link

If this  still does not work , you can swap out the backs of the Transmitter USB on the back of your 2 tranmitters and see if you can get it to update then.

Good luck - donnie

2016-5-5
Use props
BrianInMN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87310 ft
United States

Any update on this Lapointe?  I'm having the same issue.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

BrianInMN Posted at 2016-5-7 00:48
Any update on this Lapointe?  I'm having the same issue.

Can you explain exactly what your issue is, what firmware is the RC and the aircraft on ?
2016-5-6
Use props
BrianInMN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87310 ft
United States

Ken I think I've got it.  Is the RC supposed to be 1.6.0 or 1.8 like the craft?
Aircraft version 1.8.01.00
RC version 1.6.0
Camera 1.8.01.00
2016-5-6
Use props
ssmusser
New
United States

BrianInMN Posted at 2016-5-7 01:32
Ken I think I've got it.  Is the RC supposed to be 1.6.0 or 1.8 like the craft?
Aircraft version 1.8 ...

I have version 1.2.0.16+ on my RC and cannot get it to upgrade or recognize any of the new firmware files.  Someone mentioned having to install 1.3 as a stepping stone.  Is there a link somewhere to 1.3?

I have 1.9 on my Inspire 1 and would like to get it back in the air.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ssmusser Posted at 2016-9-25 09:27
I have version 1.2.0.16+ on my RC and cannot get it to upgrade or recognize any of the new firmwar ...

Here is the link to the 1.3 firmware:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... rev1.3.0.00__en.zip

2016-9-24
Use props
ssmusser
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-25 10:50
Here is the link to the 1.3 firmware:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Firmw ...

That did the trick.  The RC recognized the 1.3 update, did the update and then I was able to further update through the app.

Thanks for all the help.
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ssmusser Posted at 2016-9-26 06:55
That did the trick.  The RC recognized the 1.3 update, did the update and then I was able to furth ...

You're welcome, good to hear you're up and running.
2016-9-26
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-26 10:36
You're welcome, good to hear you're up and running.

When is DJI going to have an outing for meet and greet with its customers in the USA.  I would love to Meet You , Ken, etc personally and Have a cordial. Do they have such meetings ?  I know that there is a RC show in Toledo Ohio  where you can meet most of the Folks in the RC modeling world and swap war stories.  Now that I am semi - retired I would love to fly out and do something like that.

Just wondering

donnie
2016-9-27
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After trying every option on these forums to get my Inspire 1 RC upgraded and working again so I can enjoy flying my quad I don't think I will ever buy another DJI product again. The app appears to be so temperamental. First it says there is a 1.6 update available but then it fails to update, then it says the latest version is installed, next it doesn't recognise that the controller is even connected! OMG!!!

If anyone has ever successfully moved on from version 1.57 please let me know on babis[at]babisgakis.com My Inspire 1 is at V1.9 and grounded.

I have really had enough of all this hassle.
2016-10-1
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-18 10:00
Hi lapointe! Please check this video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-o0cbcgsCM

Looks so easy but an absolute nightmare in reality.
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

babis@babisgaki Posted at 2016-10-1 11:14
After trying every option on these forums to get my Inspire 1 RC upgraded and working again so I can ...

What are you trying to do , just update the RC from 1.57 to 1.60 or 1.7 ?  

if that is is let me know I will help y0ou.
did you try my thumb drive with 1.6 ?  the link is right here

donnie
2016-10-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

babis@babisgaki Posted at 2016-10-2 00:14
After trying every option on these forums to get my Inspire 1 RC upgraded and working again so I can ...

Can you clarify what mobile device you're using and what version of the DJI Go app you have? Try the following button combination to reset the controller:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and relink the remote.
2016-10-1
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-1 18:54
What are you trying to do , just update the RC from 1.57 to 1.60 or 1.7 ?  

if that is is let me k ...

Hi Donnie,

Thank you so much for all your support.

Before reading this latest post of yours my RC did not beep on power up and just showed a light blue status light.

What I then did differently this morning to get this working was:

Quick Format my USB thumb drive. Added 1.6 (previously I would just delete and add a new file without any formatting each time - not sure if you are supposed to do that).

My RC finally woke up out of its coma and started beeping. It did the upgrade and status light went to green. I switched off, took out the USB drive and checked upgrade status was "Success". So relieved!!!

I then decided to continue to 1.7. So I quick formatted the USB drive, copied your C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin file onto it, switched on the controller but the status light is now red and it doesn't pick up the file.

I am an IT guy (database development) and I am too scared to do anything next in case I break something again. If an IT guy like me is finding this a pain imagine what non IT people must be going through?

Should I upgrade via my phone to 1.9 to match my AC?
Do the versions need to be 100% equal before I try to connect to my AC again?
I shouldn't need to relink right, it should just work?
2016-10-1
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-2 02:17
Can you clarify what mobile device you're using and what version of the DJI Go app you have? Try t ...

Hi Jamie,

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (with USB debugging enabled) and I have a Nexus 10 tablet.

When I use my phone to connect to my RC it says Disconnected at the top.

When I use my Nexus 10 to connect to my RC it says No Signal (in red) at the top but it failed to do the 1.6 upgrade when I previously attempted it. I have not tried again since upgrading my RC by file to 1.6.

What are the next steps from a revived controller with a red status light to get me flying again please?
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

babis@babisgaki Posted at 2016-10-2 01:03
Hi Donnie,

Thank you so much for all your support.

I would stay at 1.6 on the RC for know and 1.8 on the Aircraft for now as well.  

I am having trouble with that 1.7 download file , but regardless stay at 1.8 on the AC and 1.6 on the RC till the next update.

Let me know if you need any help .  You have my e mail too

If you have 1.8 on the AC and 1.6 on the RC it should just work, if it dont you may need to re link.  it is super simple.  Be sure to turn both AC and RC on and see if it works   

I dont know what you mean update the phonbe to 1.9 ?  do you mean update the Go app to 3.0  If so yes go ahead .  

donnie

2016-10-2
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-2 12:06
I would stay at 1.6 on the RC for know and 1.8 on the Aircraft for now as well.  

I am having trou ...

Hi Donnie,

My AC is now on 1.9 so I need to downgrade to 1.8 do I? How do i do that - just load 1.8 onto the SD and switch on my AC?

2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

babis@babisgaki Posted at 2016-10-2 09:16
Hi Donnie,

My AC is now on 1.9 so I need to downgrade to 1.8 do I? How do i do that - just load 1 ...
Babis :  
You are fine at 1.9.   BUT  You can rollback to 1.8 if you wish by simply loading 1.8 file to the Airicraft and turn it on  .  Make sure you use the correct one, dont use the Pro or Raw download.  come to think of , yes do it, you will have less trouble at 1.8 then 1.9 .  that is until DJI comes up with a new update other than 1.9, they need to work some bugs out.

It is up to you. the page for the 1.8 dowlaod is here, it is located on the left hand side below the 1.9 update file .  Y0u want 1.8.1 .00
http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

Tell me this - do you have a connection now with the Aircraft and RC with 1.9 ?  ?  can you for example start the motors and see video ?

Let me know
The one you want is circled below  just open the link and load it , this is just an example, you need to open link and get this file .  make SURE THERC TRANSMITTER IS OFF WHEN EVER UPDATING THE AIRCRAFT !

donnie ..... sorry about the long  winded- detailed answers, it is just so easy to make a simple error that can mess things up bad, so I would rather give long detail answers then you miss a step and dig a deeper hole.

I will check back within the hour

one .8.PNG
2016-10-2
Use props
babis
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Donnie,

All working well now with 1.6 RC and 1.9 AC. Had to do a re-link and struggled to find the button on the AC but sorted it! Very pleased - thank you so much for all your help. What would you like for Christmas? :-)

Just have an issue now with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 not connecting to the RC but posted a separate thread for that.

Would love to chat sometime. Skype @ BabisGakis ?

Have a great Sunday and happy flying.

2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

babis@babisgaki Posted at 2016-10-3 00:30
Donnie,

All working well now with 1.6 RC and 1.9 AC. Had to do a re-link and struggled to find the  ...

Good to hear you were able to get it sorted out.
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

babis@babisgaki Posted at 2016-10-2 11:30
Donnie,

All working well now with 1.6 RC and 1.9 AC. Had to do a re-link and struggled to find the  ...

Babis ,
So glad you have it sorted, and sure I will send you a chat request sometime.

(funny I had a longer post I was going to send you with tips on how to find the Red button on the aircraft easy and how to link , I leave that part out and turns out you could have used it , Oh well )

If you ever want what I feel is the most compatible ( best video)   tablet, get an I pad Pro with GPS and Cellular and 256  memory.  This works really well with my DJI equipment.

If you ever need anything, send me an E mail and I will help you out.

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie
2016-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules