Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 - Simply Professional Performance
9279 37 2016-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Overview

The Matrice 600 (M600) is DJI’s new flying platform designed for professional aerial photography and industrial applications. It is built to closely integrate with a host of powerful DJI technologies, including the A3 flight controller, Lightbridge 2 transmission system, Intelligent Batteries and Battery Management system, for maximum performance and quick setup. The M600 offers abundant extension ports, supports Real Time Kinematic (RTK) GNSS units and a new Ground Station, all of which enhance accuracy, reliability and operational capabilities.         Total Integration   The modular design makes the M600 easy to set up and ready to use in just minutes. Its dust proof propulsion systems simplify maintenance while actively cooled motors make for reliable operation during extended periods of time. All Zenmuse cameras and gimbals are natively compatible, and a maximum payload of 6 kg allows it to fly the Ronin-MX gimbal and a range of cameras from Micro Four Thirds systems to the RED Epic. When used with Lightbridge 2 the DJI Focus can be incorporated, allowing film makers to accurately pull focus wirelessly with a twist of the hand across the entire transmission range.

Smart Flight Safety   The M600 uses sine-wave driven, intelligent ESCs to ensure it performs accurately, safely and efficiently while A3’s self-adaptive flight systems adjust flight parameters automatically based on different payloads. The A3 can be upgraded with two additional GNSS and IMU units to A3 Pro or with D-RTK GNSS for enhanced accuracy.*    *A3 Pro and D-RTK GNSS are sold separately.

A3 Pro  With triple modular redundancy and diagnostic algorithms that compare sensor data from the three sets of units in real-time, the A3 Pro ensures that the M600 flies exactly as expected. This redundant system ensures professional reliability and is ideal for filmmaking and industrial environments.     D-RTK GNSS  The A3 GNSS system can be upgraded with DJI’s Real-Time Kinematic technology for centimeter-level accuracy. Using dual antennas, its heading reference is more accurate than a compass sensor, and it is able to withstand magnetic interference from metal structures.

Extended Flight Time and Transmission Range  The M600 features an extended flight time and a 5 km* long-range, ultra-low latency HD image transmission for accurate image composition and capture. The M600 uses 6 small DJI Intelligent Batteries, allowing it to easily be shipped to wherever it is needed. A customized battery management system and power distribution board allows all six batteries to be turned on with one button press, and keeps the system in flight in the event of a failure of a single battery, and allows users to check the battery status in real-time during flight.  

Transmission Range  *Maximum range tested in unobstructed areas free of interference and may vary depending on local regulations.     Professional HD Transmission     DJI Lightbridge 2 has been designed from the ground up to meet the requirements of professional broadcasting, offering high frame rates and HD live streaming. USB, mini-HDMI and 3G-SDI ports support video output at up to 1080p/60fps or a broadcast standard output of 720p/59.94fps and 1080i/50fps. Through its integrated controller and intelligent algorithms it sets a new standard for wireless HD image transmission by lowering latency and increasing maximum range and reliability.  

Powerful App Control  The M600 supports the DJI GO app and the brand new DJI Assistant 2. Get a live HD view, battery status, redundancy status, transmission strength and much more, straight from the DJI GO app. DJI GO is also the control center for the camera, giving access to shutter speed, ISO, photo or video capture on any Zenmuse X series camera and remote focus and aperture on the Zenmuse X5 and X5R cameras. The brand new DJI Assistant 2 supports firmware updates and the new Ground Station, and comes with a built-in flight simulator.   

Open to Development
The M600 is fully compatible with the DJI Onboard SDK and Mobile SDK to meet the requirements of those building software for industrial applications. It has a dual parallel CAN and API ports for connecting DJI devices including the Guidance sensor system, the RTK GNSS units or third party components of your choice.   

2016-4-17
Use props
bensingle
New

Australia

For the battery graph there are two batteries TB47S and TB48S. What's the difference and which batteris does it come with? If the m600 comes with the TB47S batteries is it possible to buy the TB48S batteries?
2016-4-17
Use props
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Can I use my existing TB47 ?
2016-4-17
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Sadly , it's all becoming clear .

Many of us on here who are flying the flagship professional kit , or so we thought , have been ' out flagged ' by the release of the new Matrice 600.

Everything on it is what we have all been asking about for some time .

I'm actually quite angry and upset as i write this , feeling let down by DJI , and i'm sure i won't be the only one .

Please tell me what is the fundamental difference between the M600 and the S900 .

Have A2 set up on my S900 , is the A2 upgradeable to A3 ?

Will the new range of gimbals fit the S900 ?

DJI Go app for S900 ?

The list goes on .

Seemingly spent thousands of pounds on something that is now redundant .

Some considerartion would be appreciated , to all the people ,
who  in essence , have paid your wages at DJI , funded your Research and development and allowed you to grow and evolve .

Response please .

Thank you
2016-4-18
Use props
Phoenixaerial
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nomad65 Posted at 2016-4-18 03:25
Sadly , it's all becoming clear .

Many of us on here who are flying the flagship professional kit  ...

I couldn't even find where to purchase spare batteries for this.   
2016-4-18
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Phoenixaerial Posted at 2016-4-18 16:16
I couldn't even find where to purchase spare batteries for this.

http://store.dji.com/product/mat ... ?from=menu_products
2016-4-18
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So... does this work with sense & avoid??
2016-4-18
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft

dopeytree Posted at 2016-4-19 05:45
So... does this work with sense & avoid??

Optional accessory according to launch literature
2016-4-18
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

So now what?
Kill the S900 and S1000?

Base price looks good.
If you already have an X5 or X5R camera, it's a rig that'll come out at US$5500 (not counting on 6 batteries.
For 6 batteries you'll fork out another US$900...... now it's US$6400

Upgrade to A3 Pro and D-RTK for a ild guess of US$1000...... that's US$7400...

Still pretty good for this level of capability.
2016-4-18
Use props
nicholas_wheele
New

United Kingdom

What's in the box?
2016-4-19
Use props
nicholas_wheele
New

United Kingdom

What's in the box? Is a hard case included. Does it come with a remote controller. Battery charger (more than one for all 6 battries?) Spare props? Basically is this a ready to fly system?
2016-4-19
Use props
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

What is in the box? Is the most important question, but... and batteries?, Wich are the TB47S and TB48S? I cant found these batteries in any site..., and i imagine that they could be sell in sets of 6, no?
2016-4-19
Use props
Timsters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

i just talked with support and they said that the adapter for the x5 x5r are not available yet and no timeframe. if i get the 600 can i put my x5r on it now or what more do i need?
2016-4-19
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Timsters Posted at 2016-4-20 05:44
i just talked with support and they said that the adapter for the x5 x5r are not available yet and n ...

to be hounust, buying the m600 "just" for a X5 / X5r is as driving a Greyhound bus just to bring your two Kids to the scool. for sure it's a great Option that you can Mount the X5 if you have the m600 already. But handling such a big and heavy bird is not that much fun as just having a Inspire in one Hand and the beer in the other...;-) The M600 really makes sense if you really Need the Lifting capacity...otherwise i would prefere the inspire Raw with the care plan and then you still have Money left for spare batteries (and you dont have to wait until 6 batteries are charged again for the next flight....) just my opinion....
Regards
Flo
2016-4-20
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Heliflo Posted at 2016-4-21 06:45
to be hounust, buying the m600 "just" for a X5 / X5r is as driving a Greyhound bus just to bring y ...

Flo,
you really do have a point there, but when it gets to the X5R price point and the Inspire, thinking about redundancy starts to make a lot of sense, specially if you already have the i1 X5 or X5R.
I also reached out to support to ask what's included and she asked me, very politely, to wait two more days. Two days have past and I still can't find info enough get the full picture of what's the total cost of this bird.
6 batteries (T48s nowhere to be found), charger(s), upgraded A3..... sounds like it's going north of US$8k
2016-4-20
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>

Want to build a custom setup with dual camera xt & x5r
2016-4-20
Use props
edunwody
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2035771 ft

Linolens Posted at 2016-4-21 11:35
Flo,
you really do have a point there, but when it gets to the X5R price point and the Inspire, thi ...

Controller, 6 Batteries come with.
2016-4-22
Use props
edunwody
lvl.1

Just got this from my reseller. Not good. Note: When mounting the Ronin-MX to the M600, SRW-60G (coming soon) is needed for video transmission. Please purchase individually. (notice:SRW-60G is not permitted for use on aerial platforms in North America.)
2016-4-22
Use props
antdrones
lvl.1
Spain

edunwody Posted at 2016-4-22 16:34
Just got this from my reseller. Not good. Note: When mounting the Ronin-MX to the M600, SRW-60G (com ...

I think is only for shorts distances... 10m more or less, and for Full HD. I belive we could work without this. i wish be in correct way.

Now the principal problem i see are batteries... is imposible to find it in anywhere to buy extra set. And not notice about when will be in stock and his price.
2016-4-22
Use props
edunwody
lvl.1

antdrones@gmail Posted at 2016-4-22 22:51
I think is only for shorts distances... 10m more or less, and for Full HD. I belive we could work  ...

Well, I understand now from DJI that the FCC thing is in process and should not be a issue once released and you are right about the HD Stream.  The Batteries are not even being talked about yet from DJI so that will be a wait and see.  Deliveries on the M600 will be no sooner than late May, maybe.
E
2016-4-22
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Here is a good question I think some of us have been looking forward to..   Now that RTK is available for the M600, will did DJI think of integrating Geotagging of images into the new Ground Station?  Or some way of extracting usable RTK gps logs that will be usable with mapping applications?     This will be interesting to get an answer for..
2016-4-24
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

M600 is a dual-operator-ONLY platform because of integrated LB2.  So if you're a single-op, like myself, we'll just have to watch others enjoy DJI's new flagship, ugh!
2016-4-25
Use props
gdowrey
lvl.1
United States

Is it either/or between A3 Pro vs. D-RTK GNSS upgrades?  Need both redundancy and accuracy.
2016-4-25
Use props
chadfish
lvl.1

United States

So it looks like there are 6 batteries used to run this Matrice for 15 minutes (with a proper camera). That means I'll need 24 batteries to run it for one hour. 48 batteries to run it for 2 hours. 60 batteries to run it for 3 hours, and at that point I may have my first 24 batteries charged if I have enough chargers. This seems like kind of a lot of batteries. How much does one battery cost?
2016-4-29
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

adam@kalita.tv Posted at 2016-4-25 10:19
M600 is a dual-operator-ONLY platform because of integrated LB2.  So if you're a single-op, like mys ...

Adam... I'm curious why you feel it's dual op only. If it works with the DJI Go app, what capabilities would you be missing. Also, I would predict that companies like Autoflight Logic will soon integrate it into their Autopilot and similar apps.
2016-4-30
Use props
flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-1 04:06
Adam... I'm curious why you feel it's dual op only. If it works with the DJI Go app, what capabili ...

It's not single-op because you cannot simultaneously pan & tilt the gimbal from the same radio.  If you're to fly the M600 or any LB2 based system you could pan OR tilt from the dial but not both at the same time.

On my Futaba 14SG I have the left rear slider set for pan and the right rear slider set for tilt AND additionally I have a AerialPixels Joystick attached to the left side of the radio that allows me to stear the gimbal around in any direction while my right hand is driving the copter.

LB2 prevents the single operator from doing these shots below:  0:12, 2:50, 4:15, 6:53

2016-5-1
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

adam@kalita.tv Posted at 2016-5-1 09:18
It's not single-op because you cannot simultaneously pan & tilt the gimbal from the same radio.  If ...

Adam... So you are basically saying that the M600 is going to be like all DJI products that include their RC. Got it.
2016-5-1
Use props
flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-2 01:27
Adam... So you are basically saying that the M600 is going to be like all DJI products that includ ...

...DJI product that include their "LightBridge 2", which is the cause of the in-ability to pan & tilt the gimbal simultaneously on one radio.
2016-5-1
Use props
brich12003.yaho
lvl.2
United States

I have to type in the values for X,Y and Z values for added IMU's and GPS modules once I disconnect from PC and reconnect a lower value shows up for the 2- added pro GPS modules and IMU's .How can we make sure the values for XYZ are set since there is only a reset button ?Also only the mount screen shows under basic settings no way to update individual  components within the M600.I had to downgrade to previous firmware version then re-upgrade to update the 2 additional IMU's.
2016-6-24
Use props
gedeyudha
New

Japan

Hello everyone,

My name's is Yudha. I have bought the Matrice 600 full set without gimbal and camera. My questions is:
Is it possible to fly the Matrice 600 without gimbal and camera?because I found a problem after I finish the set up of the main body, I can't connect to the DJI GO, Lightbridge 2 and Matrice 600.
The camera view on DJI GO windows was not appear. Thank you.

2016-7-5
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I haven't heard of too many problems with it.

For the most part I've heard really good things actually.

Thought about getting a second hand S1000 but after reading this perhaps it's better to splash the extra cash for the M600!
2016-10-31
Use props
gryzzly
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know if we can upgrade the M600 to the new quick release legs on the M600 pro?  I can't find them on the site anywhere.
2016-11-15
Use props
t.rashid
New

United States

London Calling

Any Lightbridge 2 Owners in London?   Have a favor to ask regarding A3 Onboard SDK activation for our London based software developer.

Please PM me.

Tariq
2017-1-2
Use props
GlideNZ
New

New Zealand

Guidance?

as per the original post it says 'the Guidance sensor system' can be added yet it turns out that Guidance is not compatible with 600 as per other posts........

Anyone know of any progress on this issue?

Open to Development
The M600 is fully compatible with the DJI Onboard SDK and Mobile SDK to meet the requirements of those building software for industrial applications. It has a dual parallel CAN and API ports for connecting DJI devices including the Guidance sensor system, the RTK GNSS units or third party components of your choice.   
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI_Gerry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108 ft
Indonesia

Hi Guys,
please advice what automatic flight software mapping application for DJI Matrice 600 with Zenmuse Z-15 (Sony A7 Camera).
so far no problem with X3/X5 camera

thanks
Gerry
2017-3-20
Use props
DroneInspired
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1567323 ft
South Africa

Afternoon. All
Has anybody flown the 2195R blades at sea level.
2017-4-20
Use props
rick.iseeit
lvl.2
United States

Looking for a Declaration of Compliance for the M600, usable in Canada.

I have my new M600 Pro, converted to D-RTK, up flying and almost ready to bring online. Transport Canada requires a "Declaration of Compliance" document for the M600 in order to complete the SFOC application.
I see there is an EU Declaration of Compliance out there, anyone know of a Canadian, or maybe even a US one?

TIA
Rick
(M600/D-RTK/A3/Ronin-MX/WIRIS Infrared Camera/UgCS)
2017-5-16
Use props
Ron Conway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586978 ft
United States

How do you land the M600 when you loose a propeller mind flight?. I got lucky I lose one as it was landing. Crash landing I should say...
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules