Assistant recognizes GH4 Zenmuse as BMPCC
3915 23 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

Anyone have similiar issue? It also dowloads BMPCC FW files. I have tried with GH4 1.4 and 1.2 Assistant. Both show my Zenmuse GH4 as BMPCC

2015-1-15
Use props
andrew
lvl.2

Australia

Hi

Be carefull  I upgraded to the January 4th firmware on my Canon 5d m3  and it totally wrecked the GCU, had to replace the GCU !!!!
It also shows my gimbal as a BMPCC , very confusing

That cost me $230, just following the update !!!  this is not right !!
2015-1-15
Use props
GoCopter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73461 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI! We have the same bad problem!!! After we have upgraded the GCU our GH4 is displayed as BMGCC and the shutter control doent work! What is this? How can the software be downgraded? Why do we have to play always involuntary beta tester?
We need an urgent solution!
2015-2-7
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

GoCopter Posted at 2015-2-8 07:24
Hello DJI! We have the same bad problem!!! After we have upgraded the GCU our GH4 is displayed as BM ...

Hi Friend, Sorry for this.
It's a hardware problem of GCU that would recognize your GH4 as BMPCC.
A temporary solution is to write a mail to us and let us upgrade it back to GH4. But once you connect it to Assitant, it will be recognized as BMPCC again...
So the best solution is  to send it back for repair. If you have the work schedule recently, you can choose the temporary solution first.
Truly sorry.
2015-2-8
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Spain

I need some solution fast, because I have a problem with brand new Gh4 zenmuse during a shoot. It started to shake in pan, shutter doesn't work, horizon has terrible drift and when connected it is BMPCC.  What should I write to who? Is this has to do something with previous FW? Which one is good?
2015-2-9
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

quadslo Posted at 2015-2-10 08:02
I need some solution fast, because I have a problem with brand new Gh4 zenmuse during a shoot. It st ...

Write to support@dji.com, we will reply you asap
2015-2-9
Use props
slatner
New

Spain

Thanks, I've send to support. So you have a solution to upload GH4 FW from my home?
2015-2-10
Use props
carlos.aerogeni
New

Spain

I have the same problem with a new Z15 5D HD. The assistant 1.4 recognizes it as a BMPCC and it installed the wrong firmware.
Now the gimbal doesn't correctly initialize and the roll axis keep moving side to side until I disconnect power.
Any solution? This seems to be a problem with the assistant or the GCU...
2015-2-18
Use props
neto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1268898 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Same boat here but with the bmpcc is recognized as 5D. Is there any at least permanent solution ? Why doesn't DJI let these information at the wiki ?

Thank you
2015-2-21
Use props
henry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto neto and gocopter.  I have a gh4 but the software sees 5D.  Everything seems to work but the shutter.  All the firmware and software is completely up to date.  Hoping for that one-in-a-million chance of a quick solution.
2015-2-23
Use props
DJI support
lvl.4

Hong Kong

henry@discoverm Posted at 2015-2-24 10:01
Ditto neto and gocopter.  I have a gh4 but the software sees 5D.  Everything seems to work but the s ...

Hi,
For this problem, please use this screenshot, ask your dealer to replace one GCU for you.
2015-2-28
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

I received brand new GCU. Now it was showing as GH4, but immediately when I connected my laptop to internet, it began auto updating the gimbal to the new FW.  Now it is BMPCC again. So new GCU doesn't help.
2015-2-28
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

henry@discoverm Posted at 2015-2-24 10:01
Ditto neto and gocopter.  I have a gh4 but the software sees 5D.  Everything seems to work but the s ...

Can you please show me a screenshot of the Assistant Software? THX
2015-3-26
Use props
henry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52457 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-3-26 18:01
Can you please show me a screenshot of the Assistant Software? THX

Hi Cathy,

Just got back in town and saw your reply.  Issue is resolved.  My dealer, Copter Shop in Woodinville, Wa, helped figure it out.  Thank you.
2015-4-11
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

henry@discoverm Posted at 2015-4-12 10:28
Hi Cathy,

Just got back in town and saw your reply.  Issue is resolved.  My dealer, Copter Shop i ...

That's great!
2015-4-13
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

having similar issues on my Z15-GH4 with horizon drift and coming up in assistant software as BMPCC, plus the only way i managed to get shutter control working was by downgrading the FW to 1.4 using a downgrade package i purchased from some guys on youtube. Hearing you dji reps telling people to send their units back in for repair shits me to tears. if we pay $2,500 for this gimbal and follow dji advice to upgrade to latest FW it should work without us having to send it back in for repairs, we should not have to wear the cost and inconvenience for your incompetence. I'm beginning to regret buying Dji product as you guys don't seem to care about your customers :@
2015-4-19
Use props
vigraa
New

South Korea

My GH4 gimbal recognize to BMPCC gimbal.

Hi.I have same issue.
My GH4 gimbal recognize to BMPCC gimbal.
Its stabilizing quality was very bad.
Few weeks ago. GCU firmware downgrade with DJI crew(una song)'s assistant.
But, it was same before BMPCC upgrade state.
Just Only firmware upgrade.
Gimbal change to garbage, trash.
Please solve this problem.
2015-5-3
Use props
AmsterdamBM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3834469 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has happened to TWO of our 5D GCU's. Both show BMPCC.  Still no Fix.:@
2015-8-11
Use props
charlesnlinley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46040 ft
Australia

I have this problem with new GH4 gimbal. DJI refuse to replace DOA for me. Very bad service. Good product bad after sales service. Never purchase DJI again.............. Very unhappy
2015-9-8
Use props
charlesnlinley
lvl.1
Australia

andrew@altitude Posted at 2015-1-16 15:32
Hi

Be carefull  I upgraded to the January 4th firmware on my Canon 5d m3  and it totally wrecked th ...

DJI very bad after sales service never purchase DJI again....
2015-9-8
Use props
charlesnlinley
lvl.1
Australia

GoCopter Posted at 2015-2-8 08:54
Hello DJI! We have the same bad problem!!! After we have upgraded the GCU our GH4 is displayed as BM ...

DJI very bad after sales service. Purchase another brand. Never DJI again.
2015-9-8
Use props
charlesnlinley
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-10 17:28
Write to , we will reply you asap

Frank at dji support is very slow and do nothing to help me with my new GH4 gimbal. Very bad for DJI to do nothing to help customers with DOA product. Very bad DJI not to test product before send out to customer. After this I never purchase DJI again. Very unhappy. I may purchase another GCU but DJI have lost me as customer forever.
2015-9-8
Use props
charlesnlinley
lvl.1
Australia

DJI support Posted at 2015-2-28 19:55
Hi,
For this problem, please use this screenshot, ask your dealer to replace one GCU for you.

Very bad service DJI never purchase again.
2015-9-8
Use props
cineuav
New

Iran

Hello all,

I do have a similar problem with my BMPPC gimbal connected to assist but actually opening 5D assist.
Now its all useless. my S900, A2, Camera and everything I had gathered to start.
The gimbal just shakes and does roll/yaw combination moves.
DJI is just another China factory with a better logo!
Very amateur and primitive. Such a rip off.
The company who burns her authorized dealers would never care about her customers.
It's a matter of time. Either they will be bought off or they will go down because US based
and European manufacturers are getting into the market.
Hey! 30 days return policy will steal everything from you DJI.
2015-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules