DJI inspire 1 firmware v1.8.1.00 update. Gimball gone crazy
2576 12 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vitrage
New

Russia

Hi guys!
Here you can see what is the result of inspire 1 firmware v1.8.1.00 update...  https://youtu.be/xr2ujPACz4Y

Dont know what to do...
2016-4-18
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

It sounds like it just completed an update; turn it off, make sure the update file isn't still on the SD card, make sure the camera is straight (not at either extreme end but still straight) then turn it back on.  Mine went a bit weird after an update because the gimbal had been turned around  360 degrees so it was facing straight but was actually rotated close to the end. It also does this sometimes if the gimbal is completely not straight when it tries to initialise it and gets confused trying to find, "straight".
2016-4-18
Use props
eliandrotc
lvl.1

Brazil

downgrade to 1.7.
2016-4-18
Use props
Vitrage
New

Russia

Nothing happens(((
2016-4-18
Use props
Vitrage
New

Russia

Hterag Posted at 2016-4-18 23:43
It sounds like it just completed an update; turn it off, make sure the update file isn't still on th ...

Hi! It doesn't turn around, gimball stops and began to shake...
2016-4-18
Use props
Vitrage
New

Russia

So this is the result of firmware downgrade. And after update it continues to shake ((
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Privet Andrey!  Did you try to take the camera off and  clean up the contacts?  Could you please post your update log here so we can take a look. Thank you!
2016-4-19
Use props
Vitrage
New

Russia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-4-19 16:16
Privet Andrey!  Did you try to take the camera off and  clean up the contacts?  Could you please pos ...

Yes I did that!

This are logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6ov3z ... _RESULT_AB.txt?dl=0

Support gave recommendation to do this:
Please calibrate IMU and try again.
1. Tap Mode icon
2. Tap “Sensor”
3. Select “IMU” Calibration
You could refer to the tutorial video on YouTube also. Here is the link, hope this may help you.         Please make sure the aircraft has been placed horizontally and do not move the aircraft in the progress.

2016-4-19
Use props
eliandrotc
lvl.1

Brazil

Vitrage Posted at 2016-4-19 15:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2vyh10RFA   So this is the result of firmware downgrade. And after  ...

camera contacts??? inside of  I1.
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

eliandrotc@bol. Posted at 2016-4-19 09:03
camera contacts??? inside of  I1.

No , they are talking about the camera contacts.  When you remove the camera from the gimbal you will see where the 2 of them " mate together "  they have exposed contacts, they can get bent or have a chemical reaction to metal that causes poor connections.  I always inspect mine and clean with contact cleaner and very carefully with an eraser head.   If they are not bent I would just use a little contact cleaner and very lightly go over with an eraser head, be sure to blow out the area with compressed air.  DO NOT BEND THE PINS.   Do this only if you have steady hands, if not just use a spray of contact cleaner, let dry, reassemble .

donnie
2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Vitrage Posted at 2016-4-19 03:32
Yes I did that!

This are logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6ov3zejq5quc40/WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt?d ...

Vitrage, be sure to do the IMU calibration and also DIRECTLY AFTERWARDS  Do the Gimbal auto calibration.  I have noticed on this update after the camera is calibrated that it does not return to the straight forward position, if yours does not be sure to reset the camera in the Go app before the start of next flight.  It is located on the main scree where you can rest the  camera , change to FPV or the Free Mode for s secondary RC, be sure to re set it and put on Follow me.

Do you remove your camera often ?  Or have a crash that could have bound that Gimbal motor a little bit?  I would also blow out the Gimble motors with compressed air lightly, in case of any dust or debris.

Donnie
2016-4-19
Use props
juho.hannus
New

Finland

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Affects both Inspire 1 and OSMO.

Downgrading to 1.7 doesn't help and further downgrading to 1.6 is not allowed (from 1.7) for some reason.

2016-4-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

That video is a good general idea but they did a couple things wrong,  The numbers on the Gyro should have been locked at 0 before starting across the line, they must not have been on a stable surface, and then at about 53 seconds you could see the whole camera move on the aircraft, and that will ruin a good calibration.  Also it is a good time to do the Camera Gimbal calibration immediately after a good IMU.  This way they are using the same basis for level .

It gives a good idea on how its done , just poor follow through. IMHO

Donnie
2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules