Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! Anyone else camera/gimbal dead?
8782 19 2015-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kylekyle
New

Australia

I have recieved my inspire 1 last week, unpacked, updated and flew it 3 times to date. All working great, was overall very happy. That was until today when I went to switch on the drone and the camera/gimbal seems to be dead/malfunctioing. The camera activates when the drone is turned on, does its spins/calibration procedure and then after a few seconds turns off/goes limp. At no point does it transmit any image to the remote/ipad. Im curious if any other owner has experienced this also?
I have contacted DJI support with the following email for anyone interested. I have also uploaded a video of the issue described.

Hello,
Further to a conversation with someone on your chat support I am supplying further details and information on my Inspire 1 which has a faulty camera/gimbal and is no longer functional.
The craft was originally unpacked, updated and flown 3 times. All worked fine.

PROBLEM: Today i have attempted to power on the craft and the gimbal initialises and does it start up calibration/rotations and then after a short period (approx 5 seconds) goes limp and stops function. The camera at no point transmits any image to the remote/ipad. Prior to today this all worked fine. There has been no changes to firmware, crashes or anything else.

Video:

2015-1-15
Use props
airymok
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2623652 ft
China

Try to loosen the two screw on the top of the gimbal connection board, half a round is OK.

Check this thread http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D2&lang=en
2015-1-15
Use props
d.cloeren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2578589 ft
Germany

Hi,

i had exactly the same problem:

but i found a solution. check the contacts of your zenmuse x3  and clean it.

2015-1-15
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

Thanks for all your help.

kylekyle,
If you can't fix the problem as they advised, please contact our 7*24H service center for help.
2015-1-15
Use props
kylekyle
New

Australia

DJI-ZT Posted at 2015-1-15 22:31
Thanks for all your help.

kylekyle,

The attempted help is greatly appreciated! however neither solution has helped.
Support has asked me to update the Firmware, which is not possible because the craft is failing to recognise the SD card with the new firmware. I have even tried reformatting the card (FAT32) and trying a different card. I have also updated the remote firmware via usb method and updated the DJI pilot app. No dice. Still dead gimbal/camera...
2015-1-15
Use props
Ozren
lvl.3

Croatia

I had similar issue, only my gimball went dead 2 or of 10 times i turned it on. I returned my unit, waiting for replacement.
2015-1-15
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

Hi kylekyle,

Could you pls send a mail to autumn.a@dji.com?
We will try our best to fix your problem ASAP.
2015-1-15
Use props
steph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29587 ft
France

Hello
i have a similar probleme ....did you use apple device when update and calibration gimbal ?
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=5138&lang=en

Steph
2015-1-18
Use props
christian.ghamm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61581342 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

KyleKyle, exactly the same problem here.. EXACTLY the same symptoms. even though it was working perfectly for a few days.. then it started going  on/off... and now this. EXACTLY as shown in the link above

2015-1-18
Use props
steph
lvl.2
France

steph Posted at 2015-1-18 18:27
Hello
i have a similar probleme ....did you use apple device when update and calibration gimbal ?
h ...

I have an answer from dji  :

"Thanks for your video, we will confirm with engineer then update for you soon."
2015-1-18
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

just keeps getting better, do I cancel my order?
2015-1-18
Use props
steph
lvl.2
France

Hi ok my inspire go back DJI ...UPS peek up
I waiting news ....
2015-1-22
Use props
HeadOn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1903835 ft
United States

This happened to me too after five days of problem free flying.  I'm working with DJI email support and their last message indicated they most likely will  have me ship them my unit and they'll ship me a replacement.  I'm hoping they can get me back to flying quickly.  Ironically, my second controller just arrived today and really want to try out controlling the camera with the sticks.  

2015-1-22
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Similar problem here on Day 2...we can get the camera/gimbal to power on less than half of the time.  No idea why it does or does not power...DJI has requested it be returned.  Just wondering if anyone had any brilliant ideas lately on this...

Thanks,
JB
2015-1-24
Use props
Geoffdb
lvl.2

United States

Problem fixed...I think.  On a similar thread a DJI rep suggested loosening the two screws on the gimbal where it connects to the Inspire. This seems to have fixed the issue,
2015-1-25
Use props
Davey2119
New

United States

Geoffdb Posted at 2015-1-26 12:06
Problem fixed...I think.  On a similar thread a DJI rep suggested loosening the two screws on the gi ...

I have had similar issues (in addition to others) following the recent firmware update.

I followed firmware update instructions and updated the controller successfully, but the Inspire 1 camera gimball now doesn't respond or seem to work at all for some reason and the aircraft just blinks yellow with no movement from the camera. Just after a few months of ownership I now have to send it in for repairs and wait another estimated 6 weeks from when they receive it.

To make matters worse the DJI Pilot App they just updated now no longer works with my iPad Mini, so I now either have to use my iPhone 6 (small screen) or upgrade to a new iPad Mini to be compatible. Nice to see DJI making their consumers upgrade to new devices as they update. So far ownership of the Inspire 1 has been a complete let down.
2015-6-4
Use props
nachomerediz
New

El Salvador

Davey2119@aol.c Posted at 2015-6-5 06:51
I have had similar issues (in addition to others) following the recent firmware update.

I followe ...

I have exactly the same problem, identical in all, please, please, Tell me as you have solved, what is the exact problem (gimbal, drone, rc) you have repaired? in the service? Please any information would make me very happy, I'm going crazy because of my inspire
2015-7-26
Use props
nachomerediz
New

El Salvador

I have exactly the same problem, identical in all, please, please, Tell me as you have solved, what is the exact problem (gimbal, drone, rc) you have repaired? in the service? Please any information would make me very happy, I'm going crazy because of my inspire
2015-7-26
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290246 ft
Sweden

Any solution? I have the exactly same problem right now!
2015-9-3
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290246 ft
Sweden

kylekyle Posted at 2015-1-15 17:03
The attempted help is greatly appreciated! however neither solution has helped.
Support has asked  ...

Did you find any solution to this problem? I'm having it right now!
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules