UPDATE, FLEW IT TODAY...Received Phantom From DJI Warranty No Inv...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

Hey guys,
I sent my P3P in for warrenty for a tilted horizon,
They turned it around in 24 hours, I was very impressed.
Once I received it I noticed there was no paperwork, no invoice,
No explanation of work completed, no account of parts replaced....
Nothing,
Is this normal ??
I have not had a chance to fly it yet, work and rain getting in the way.
I'll comment on the tilted horizon once I fly it.
I'm just a bit surprised at the lack of info offered on my repairs.
Is it me??  Am I being an ass ??
Thoughts ??
2016-4-18
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

For whatever reason, DJI support is trash. It doesn't surprise me. Fly it around and let us know what you find out.
2016-4-18
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

When I got mine back I thought the same thing! How hard is it to put an invoice in the box explaining what was done or send an email when repairs have been finished explaining what was done ?
It took me several emails and phone calls to finally get an email explaining what had been don/replaced to fix problem!
I don't know of any company that when something is sent in for repair they don't explain what the problem was and how they fixed it!
Its unbelievable!
Or maybe I'm just an ass as well?
2016-4-18
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

I sent mine in for the tilted gimbal problem a week ago. They received it and sent me an email saying they received it last week but haven't heard anything else from them. I just sent it in last month for the shell being cracked in two different places. They fixed it but put on the invoice that they only replaced the top shell when they actually replaced the top and bottom shell. I also didn't have any problems with a tilted gimbal until they worked on it. So hopefully they will get that fixed soon!

Update: Just got email that's it's been shipped back to me. Hopefully I'll have it back by the end of the week.

2016-4-18
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

You're not the only one. . They won't tell you anything . Itemized list of repaired parts only if u bug and request it from them ( prepare to jump through hoops and bounds tho ) had a fall from sky issue , repaired under warranty but no list of what needed repair and why . Got it back in three weeks. Happens again two weeks later and Dji comes back says I csc my bird and sent and invoice if 731$ to fix and also included itemized list of parts needed for repair /replacement  . Where was this itemized list of parts needing repair /replacement during my first rma from the fall from sky issue . How do j know what. Caused the first fall from sky issue ( was repaired or replaced correctly ) and wasn't cause from the second ( dji blamed user error and csc) when no itemized invoice on repaired parts /labor ?
2016-4-18
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

731$ invoice to repair an already repaired ( fell from 240ft up) phantom 3 professional. But Dji themselves sells the phantom 3 professional replacement ( drone and camera only no remote or charger ) for $709. Talk about gouging
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That looks very strange..  Drone Man, could you please post your rma number here ? We will look into your case, Thank you!
2016-4-18
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
United States

Hey Tim,
RMA # 0325201676654274203,
I sent it in for two issues,
#1...HORIZON TILT, BEEN FIGHTING IT SINCE NEW, COMES AND GOES DURING A FLIGHT
ONE MINUTE THE HORIZON WILL BE PERFECT, THE NEXT IT WILL BE TILTED.
THE TILT IS IN EITHER DIRECTION.

#2...MOBILE DEVICE HOLDER BROKEN, NO LONGER RATCHETS,
WILL NOT HOLD MOBILE DEVICE.

They DID NOT fix/replace the devise holder, it still does not ratchet closed,
Strange they didn't look at that even though it is clearly listed on the
customer info sheet.
Ill have to use rubber bands to secure my ipad to fly after the weather clears up.
Ill report on the horizon tilt later in the week.
Thanks for looking into this.
Much appreacited.

2016-4-18
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

#2...MOBILE DEVICE HOLDER BROKEN, NO LONGER RATCHETS, WILL NOT HOLD MOBILE DEVICE.

Send me an email - steve@nmpcs.com.  I have a spare [new] holder I'll mail to you if you're in the US.
2016-4-19
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
United States

Hey guys,
I flew 6 flights this evening in zero wind conditions,The horizon tilt is much better,
Wind will tell the complete story if the horizon tilt is really "much better"
It now has a lazy drift from left side high to right side high.
Im trying to determine what is acceptable,
Are we looking for an absolute dead-on level horizon all the time ??
Is some lazy drift acceptable ??
Is the P3P capable of a dead-on perfectly level constant horizon ??
I don't want to send it back if what I have is the best it gets.

2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules