Remote Controller Won't Charge
76405 245 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3727782 ft
Australia

Iv got controller turned on & going to discharge the controller fully over night then recharge fully tomorrow & see if any thing changes.
2017-2-8
Use props
fansd8b91b11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141427 ft
Brazil

fansd57b6686 Posted at 2017-2-8 17:47
After lot of testing, i get this results:
Try to flush all baterry with controller powered on and never stop. Always the alarm of low battery was running, and in the mobile the system says that the controller has 0% of battery.
I try a crazy thing, downgrade firmware 1.8.0 to 1.6.0, and woalla, CONTROLLER FIXED!!! Now is charging, showing battery up to 50% no signal of low battery, no beep when charging. Seems to be fixed the problem the firmware downgrade.

Hi fansd57b6686

Not clear if the procedure of full dischanging RC battery and downgraded Firmware solved the issue.
Could you please confirm ?

Best regards.
2017-2-9
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Sure seems a lot of bad batteries out there lately;  drone and controller both.

I'd think the controller battery, being a Li-Po with maybe a 6 month warranty like the drone (??), would be easier to change and check.

2017-2-9
Use props
fansd8b91b11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141427 ft
Brazil

fansd57b6686 Posted at 2017-2-8 17:47
After lot of testing, i get this results:
Try to flush all baterry with controller powered on and never stop. Always the alarm of low battery was running, and in the mobile the system says that the controller has 0% of battery.
I try a crazy thing, downgrade firmware 1.8.0 to 1.6.0, and woalla, CONTROLLER FIXED!!! Now is charging, showing battery up to 50% no signal of low battery, no beep when charging. Seems to be fixed the problem the firmware downgrade.

Hi fansd57b6686,

Can you please confirm if the procedure of full discharging the RC battery and downgraded Firmware solved the charging issue.

Thanks in advance.
2017-2-9
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148727 ft
Argentina

Only one Full charge Work. Again The same issue , IT shows only one light of Battery chargin . 5 Hours past , Then Power On and got System alert that there is... no Battery . But as I see , Battery is... Working , IT Looks like something related to The way IT informs about remaning battery .
2017-2-9
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Argentina

Please support this is... a lot of Controller With this fail. Maybe firmware error ? Maybe Controller Went out of factory With this fail. What Should we do ? If I send to repair and then get Back , IT cost The same as a NEW Controller. Give us a Solutions please
2017-2-9
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Australia

Well Iv tried to discharge fully to 0% then recharge but to no avail , if anything it's worse now only two lights will  blink when charging then all turn off , when I press & test the button first light is solid & second one is blinking then I connect every thing up start the go app & it says 33% charge. I'll try a firmwear downgrade , I think I might be up for a new controller only had it bout 6 months.
2017-2-9
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Argentina

Some update its charging again without problem .
2017-2-9
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Argentina

Its incredible but this is like a software fail . Test The Controller use IT With 0% Battery and you will see that The Controller still Have Battery . Sorry my bad speak, I'm from argentina
2017-2-9
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Australia

Hello John , yes you are correct , when I had 0% battery I pressed the button to test the battery & three lights had illuminated.

Iv downgraded to remote control firmware & retesting  the recharging at the moment.  
2017-2-9
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Australia

Still no good , Iv downgraded & upgraded firmware  but it will only charge up to two lights then turns off after about 10 minutes,  when I check the percentage in the go app it says 40%,   Frustrating as I love the craft.
2017-2-9
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Argentina

Yesterday I made two flights With 0% Battery , when I Was Starting my third Flight , The remaning Battery says 30% and The lights in The Controller was 1 light Fixed and The other blinking. Now today Ther aré 3 light on and remaning Battery (this is after charging all Nightl) is 72%. Now i can afirm this is or hardware problem or software problem . The Battery is realy Full charged but is wrong informed
2017-2-10
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Argentina

From 0% informed in leds and app , to 74% today.
Realy is a big BUG !
IMG_6491.PNG
2017-2-10
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Australia

Gday John , thanks for your info I'll try what you have done & fly it & see what happens , after charging last night only three solid lights got up to 63% now , when I take the plug in out of the controller two lights are solid & third flashing when charging then  all turn off after about 10 seconds.  

We're gettin'  there brother! Haha
2017-2-10
Use props
John_Davis
lvl.1
Argentina

Where is dji ? Today I flay from 65% and get 0 % and fly 16 minutes more. Now its draining Battery With an iPhone Connected . Still not Power of and The same Controller is charging The mobile Phone . I can conclude Battery Work well , but i dont know if The Battery inform bad percent or The Controller interpret bad The info . Please dji . Get in contact With us
2017-2-11
Use props
Dufff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, I have the same problem with my remote? Anyone got any ideas please? The remote shows no bars.
2017-2-13
Use props
Dufff
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, I have the same problem with my remote? Anyone got any ideas please? The remote shows no bars.
2017-2-13
Use props
Nekoj
New

North Macedonia

Hi i have a problem with the rc battery.
it charges only until the third light. then shuts down like it is fully charged.
i disconnect and connect the charger and starts charging for a couple of seconds and then the thirt light is on and the remote shuts down
anyone??
2017-2-20
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Australia

Gday Nekoj , mines exactly the same it only just started doing it after over 100+  flights , can only get to 50% charge if I plug & unplug the charge lead in a bunch of times , Iv Googled it but there don't seem to be any logical answer or fix ,  I give up! so Iv ordered a new remote hopefully the new one will be problem free.
2017-2-21
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132923 ft
Australia

Hi every one,
I am new here with 3 month experience flying a Phantom 4 about 50 flights.
My RC started the same problem since last week. At first stage it only charged up to the 3 LED then going down to 2 Leds,  i searched around and tried to do the downgrading for the RC after drain the battery out to 0%.
As it was performing the downgrading with the blue light, the white led jump up to the 3rd one and keep flashing while 1st and 2nd white stay solid, assuming that it's being charged.
After the downgrade process finished Blue Led changed to Green and stay green without the drone powered on. I turned the RC off (and leave it off, it means i did not reboot the RC after downgrading just yet)  and 3 Leds still illuminate (1st and 2nd are solid, 3rd one flashing). It's been going like this for nearly an hour, 3rd keeps flashing, 4th Led not moving yet.
@fans50b8c0a7: Hi, is this the process that happened to you at first moment of the problem? am i going through what you had been??
Please share any work-around that possibly a temporary solution, guys.
i am travelling next month, and i dont wanna go without my drone. Sending the RC back to repair centre may take ages.

Thanks and nice to be a new member of the forum.

Dany.
2017-2-22
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Australia

Hay g'day fans3908b0fb , yeah mate mine is exactly as you have described , when it first happened i noticed in the go app the remote said 80% charge I thought that was odd as I had it on charge over night , after flying the bird for the day I put the remote back on charge then noticed it would not get to the fourth light with three solid lights , couple days later only two solid lights now this afternoon only first light blinking for a few seconds then turns off , checked percentage 5% now!! Iv done firmware down grades & upgrades did nothing tried the reset relink to the drone , drained the battery to 0% & nothing. The charger charges the birds battery's perfect in the triple bay , maybe the battery is knacked , it's quite annoying as I love flying it Iv had no problems with the bird & it's been super reliable until this.

If there was a logical fix it would probably be known by now & we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Good luck fans3908b0fb let us how you go mate
2017-2-23
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Australia

fans50b8c0a7 Posted at 2017-2-23 01:27
Hay g'day fans3908b0fb , yeah mate mine is exactly as you have described , when it first happened i noticed in the go app the remote said 80% charge I thought that was odd as I had it on charge over night , after flying the bird for the day I put the remote back on charge then noticed it would not get to the fourth light with three solid lights , couple days later only two solid lights now this afternoon only first light blinking for a few seconds then turns off , checked percentage 5% now!! Iv done firmware down grades & upgrades did nothing tried the reset relink to the drone , drained the battery to 0% & nothing. The charger charges the birds battery's perfect in the triple bay , maybe the battery is knacked , it's quite annoying as I love flying it Iv had no problems with the bird & it's been super reliable until this.

If there was a logical fix it would probably be known by now & we wouldn't be having this conversation.

No luck , can only go up to 3 white lights (56% on the Go apps) after marking around up and downgrade. I mean everytime i want it to charge, i have to trick it by up-downgrading with v1.58 and 1.6, V1.8 won't work.
i end up sending it back to Melb for repair. Get it picked up on Monday. Will update how long the whole process will take.
cheers..
2017-2-24
Use props
fans6d8c81b0
New

South Africa

fans3908b0fb Posted at 2017-2-24 21:56
No luck , can only go up to 3 white lights (56% on the Go apps) after marking around up and downgrade. I mean everytime i want it to charge, i have to trick it by up-downgrading with v1.58 and 1.6, V1.8 won't work.
i end up sending it back to Melb for repair. Get it picked up on Monday. Will update how long the whole process will take.
cheers..

Same problem
The problem is that the shipping is so expensive that its not forth sending it back to DJI
2017-2-25
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Australia

fans6d8c81b0 Posted at 2017-2-25 08:01
Same problem
The problem is that the shipping is so expensive that its not forth sending it back to DJI

hi buddy
i had the pickup/collection arranged by Dji through TNT freight. Dji will cover the freight to send it forth and back as my drone and remote are still under warranty. And the remote got picked up this morning by a TNT agency. Seems good so far, and we've got a Dji authorised repair centre in the state. hope it won't take long....
2017-2-27
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Well got mine back last week, they exchanged mine for a new one , this one does like it should and can see a full 100% charge now in app , another thing i couldnt do with faulty remote was follow me , the new one this feature now works , i would say the major problem with them isnt the battery but to do with computer board and something failing on it
2017-2-27
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Same thing with my 4 hours old P4. The drone battery got charged while the RC is flashing only the first LED for the last 2 hours. I unplugged it and plugged it back. I'll keep you up to date
Edit: After few attempts of disconnecting the power adapter, unpluging it from the wall, it seems I got some charge but it's not blinking when charging. Here is a video. After 40 seconds the flashing LEDs will stop.

2017-3-12
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I was on online chat with a Customer Support rep and I got a case opened right away. I have to ship my defective RC to their office in California.
Anybody else did this? How long it took until you got the replacement back? They are saying to call back in two weeks if I don't get my replacement.
2017-3-13
Use props
fans901c6937
New

United States

my controller battery wouldnt charge either and after reading on here it doesnt look like dji would help so i opend the controller to replace the battery my self and i found this!!i wonder if these were batteries from a galaxy s7 or possibly a hover board
one battery so swollen and almost blew
2017-3-14
Use props
fans901c6937
New

United States

https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/file:///C:/Users/shop/Desktop/20170314_181312.jpg
2017-3-14
Use props
fans901c6937
New

United States

here are the pics of my battery

battery 2

battery 2

battery1

battery1
2017-3-14
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

fans3908b0fb Posted at 2017-2-27 00:30
hi buddy
i had the pickup/collection arranged by Dji through TNT freight. Dji will cover the freight to send it forth and back as my drone and remote are still under warranty. And the remote got picked up this morning by a TNT agency. Seems good so far, and we've got a Dji authorised repair centre in the state. hope it won't take long....

Hey fans where did you get your p4 from, I've got the same issue as everyone else here but DJI said because I didn't buy it from a DJI approve seller I have to send it to Hong Kong for warranty. If I want to send it to Melbourne I have to pay.
2017-3-16
Use props
JogjaSky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

There are quite a few remotes from the P4 that have that problem, your best bet to to use your garanty, if not we can tell you what componenmts need to be reaplaced on the rRC centerboard ..
2017-3-16
Use props
JogjaSky
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Sorry repost

sorry repost
2017-3-16
Use props
JogjaSky
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

This a common problem on the P4 we solved the problem today , your best bet is to deal with DJI directly, if not we can tell you what components to replace on the RC centerboard.
2017-3-16
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

JogjaSky Posted at 2017-3-16 03:22
This a common problem on the P4 we solved the problem today , your best bet is to deal with DJI directly, if not we can tell you what components to replace on the RC centerboard.
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17353457_306033506480786_7249389104320971858_n.jpg?oh=eb066003c15e125d704790098698e80a&oe=592B419F[/img]

Hi, what is the actual problem, is this something caused by the latest firmware, looks like batteries are being over or under charged.
2017-3-16
Use props
JogjaSky
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-16 03:37
Hi, what is the actual problem, is this something caused by the latest firmware, looks like batteries are being over or under charged.

There different problems actually one of which the baterry goes into low discharge this can be dealed with a battery replacement or parallel charging of a 2 cell battery.
The second problem is a remote problem, we are not sure if it is caused by firmware or other factors, but the way we solved it is by replacing 3 electronic components on the RC main board.
2017-3-16
Use props
JogjaSky
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Driller35 Posted at 2017-2-8 22:06
Yours sounds like what mine was doing, sent in for repair in Dec . Comes back and after a couple of times of recharging back to the same, Have resent in for repair , its like they have a mind of there own as charge showing 63% and leave plugged in charging and check a few hours later now at 51% which i belive is a false reading as well , cannot fly thru one bird battery and i am getting low RC battery warning, its now day number 5 in there hands and no movement according to Case Detail inquiry,

This is the component that has to be replaced on the RC centerboard
2017-3-16
Use props
fans7f017645
New

United States

After not using my 3 4K for several weeks, I found my controller would not charge. Kept in garage with some cold weather. 3/3 batteries all charged as expected. When I would turn the contoller on it would beep rapidly (critically low battery?). I tried one solution I found in other places which was to push the adapter in really hard!  No good.  But, one other user suggested simply disconnecting the battery inside the housing. Watched a video to see how to disassemble the contoller, disconnected and then reconnected the battery, put it mostly back together and plugged in, probelm solved (at least for now). (note:  as I've typed this the charger has turned itself off and the controller appears to be at full charge when turned on).  Don't know if this will solve the problem permanently or resolve the problems some of you may be having but thought I'd post just in case.
2017-3-18
Use props
fans7f017645
New

United States

fans7f017645 Posted at 2017-3-18 10:40
After not using my 3 4K for several weeks, I found my controller would not charge. Kept in garage with some cold weather. 3/3 batteries all charged as expected. When I would turn the contoller on it would beep rapidly (critically low battery?). I tried one solution I found in other places which was to push the adapter in really hard!  No good.  But, one other user suggested simply disconnecting the battery inside the housing. Watched a video to see how to disassemble the contoller, disconnected and then reconnected the battery, put it mostly back together and plugged in, probelm solved (at least for now). (note:  as I've typed this the charger has turned itself off and the controller appears to be at full charge when turned on).  Don't know if this will solve the problem permanently or resolve the problems some of you may be having but thought I'd post just in case.

Also wanted to add to above post that controller was only on the charger for about 5 minutes. So, either it was not critically low when I first turned it back on or, I may see a problem with the battery not carrying a full charge (?).
2017-3-18
Use props
phredi
New
Flight distance : 3123 ft

United States

Received my Phantom3 4k earlier this week.  When I plug in the charger I get two flashing white lights that eventually turn off. My understanding is that all 4 white indicator lights should sequentially flash as it is charging then turn off when fully charged. When I connect to my ipad or phone the controller battery only shows 32% charged. I've left it to charge overnight and the most it ever shows is 32%.

Reading through this thread it sure seems like there's an issue with these controllers but I can't tell if it's hardware or software related.

2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules