Remote Controller Won't Charge
76386 245 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-3 00:19
Just checked your case, CAS-1146157-L9Q2L6, the package has been received by the repair center, we've sent an email to you today, please check it. Besides, should you have any further questions about this case, please click the "Reply" button under MY POST, so I can get a reminder, will be able to reply you in time.

I checked my email, and it stated that a replacement will be shipped with 5-7 business days. Can you confirm that for me? Also will the replacement unit already have the latest firmware update or would it be factory settings?
2017-11-3
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

Just checked your case, CAS-1146157-L9Q2L6, the package has been received by the repair center, we've sent an email to you today, please check it. Besides, should you have any further questions about this case, please click the "Reply" button under MY POST, so I can get a reminder, will be able to reply you in time.

Also another question, can you also give me access to the beta? So I can get past all the issues of the latest firmware has? Like stability, gimbal, recording time, rth, etc.......? I am hoping that if I run the beta, the issue with the controller will not reoccur?

I also wanted to give you a big THANKS! For following up with my case? Could you please confirm about the replacement shipping turn around? Or can you help speed the time up a bit? I would love to be back in the air? However, I would like it to be a successful firmware update? So if you can assist with the beta, I would greatly appreciate it. I am completely detail oriented and ex military, always trying to be prepared????

Thanks for your patience!
2017-11-3
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

Also another question, can you also give me access to the beta? So I can get past all the issues of the latest firmware has? Like stability, gimbal, recording time, rth, etc.......? I am hoping that if I run the beta, the issue with the controller will not reoccur?

I also wanted to give you a big THANKS! For following up with my case? Could you please confirm about the replacement shipping turn around? Or can you help speed the time up a bit? I would love to be back in the air? However, I would like it to be a successful firmware update? So if you can assist with the beta, I would greatly appreciate it. I am completely detail oriented and ex military, always trying to be prepared????

Thanks for your patience!
2017-11-3
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DJI DIANA, again thx for the follow up? Here is my email address, PLEASE send me the beta link?

Dwnukster@gmail.com
2017-11-4
Use props
Kelso88
lvl.1

Canada

I'm on the 7th business day and still not shipped. That's not including the 3 days it took them to send the email that they received it. My RC arrived to dji Oct 27, replacement still not shipped. What gives?
2017-11-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-11-7 08:04
I'm on the 7th business day and still not shipped. That's not including the 3 days it took them to send the email that they received it. My RC arrived to dji Oct 27, replacement still not shipped. What gives?

If you read most forums you'll learn the average DJI turn-around time is 3-6 weeks.  Some depends on how far you are located for UPS Ground Service too (UPS coast-to-coast USA is slow as molasses for me and sometimes takes 8 days for their Ground Service one-way with a no work weekend.).

Other slowdowns include an estimate that requires payment.  Just the way the repair business goes (I was involved in the service part end with the camera majors when I worked retail in a camera store.).  Lots of variable reasons why the apparent slow-down exists.

Personally, if DJI had better software and firmware without all these snafus they might see a speed-up in the service area.  My two cents.
2017-11-7
Use props
Kelso88
lvl.1

Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-7 08:38
If you read most forums you'll learn the average DJI turn-around time is 3-6 weeks.  Some depends on how far you are located for UPS Ground Service too (UPS coast-to-coast USA is slow as molasses for me and sometimes takes 8 days for their Ground Service one-way with a no work weekend.).

Other slowdowns include an estimate that requires payment.  Just the way the repair business goes (I was involved in the service part end with the camera majors when I worked retail in a camera store.).  Lots of variable reasons why the apparent slow-down exists.

Why would they not ship it right away? They have ups there everyday id imagine? Why does it take so long for them to even ship? No payment is required. Thats what is bothering me
2017-11-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-11-7 09:03
Why would they not ship it right away? They have ups there everyday id imagine? Why does it take so long for them to even ship? No payment is required. Thats what is bothering me

Someone has do do an analysis of it first for any possible abuse or not.  Then they have to seek approval.  Some tech then has to inquire from a higher up (Maybe China's main office too?) to see if it is approved.  Secretary has to enter the data.  In the meantime, yours gets shelved and they move on to another while waiting approval from whomever to fix, refurb it, or replace.  It isn't as easy or fast as you think it is, especially if they have a hundred drones seeking repair in their system.

I live near Nikon's western repair outfit in Los Angeles and it still takes a couple of weeks for a warranty matter even if I do the walk-in to avoid the shipping and waiting.  They analyze when the tech gets  to it, submit their analysis, and seek approval from New York's main office which is another few days which seems insane for them to do, imo.  It just takes time, even if "I want it now!"  They did offer a rental at one time for pros while theirs was in the shop, but don't know if they do that any more.

Be patient.  it doesn't happen in one day or even a week depending on their shop's workload.  Not to far back they were seeking repair techs in Los Angeles too, and seems they still are:  DJI Repair Tech opening.
2017-11-7
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-10 11:43
It seems like it's a calibration issue. Just to better troubleshoot, please try resetting the RC with the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

When I try to reset the controller as you describe, nothing happens.

What I do ... I switch the controller on. Then I press C1 + C2 + shutter all the way through until it beeps (all 3 buttons simulaniously) and keep them pressed even for 10 seconds, nothing happens.

Please confirm that this procedure really resets the controller.

Thanks,
2017-11-13
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-3 19:04
I checked my email, and it stated that a replacement will be shipped with 5-7 business days. Can you confirm that for me? Also will the replacement unit already have the latest firmware update or would it be factory settings?

I too got the same e-mail and that was three weeks ago for me. I hope you can get things worked out with your controller as it is very frustrating to pay this much money for a bird you can"t fly. Also, B&H Photo just sent me an e-mail telling me the P4 controller has been discontinued. It just keeps getting worse...
2017-11-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-4 07:48
DJI DIANA, again thx for the follow up? Here is my email address, PLEASE send me the beta link?

Sorry for the late reply, I was on my holiday. I've escalated your case, hope we can get it sorted soon. As for the beta, I'll add it to next Monday.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-11-7 09:03

Sorry for the delay, could you please provide me with your case number for a check?
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

geohei Posted at 2017-11-13 09:35
When I try to reset the controller as you describe, nothing happens.

What I do ... I switch the controller on. Then I press C1 + C2 + shutter all the way through until it beeps (all 3 buttons simulaniously) and keep them pressed even for 10 seconds, nothing happens.

Which drone are you referring to? What is wrong with the RC?
2017-11-16
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-16 23:54

Hello, I received the replacement controller today. I unpackaged it, and fully charged the unit. All went well, I upgraded the firmware on the controller first, then I upgraded the firmware  to the aircraft.  The upgrade completed, all went well the  controller kept its charge. I took the unit outdoors and ran a quick test flight as it was already dark and I didn't want to take any chances. I will run   A full flight test tomorrow. My hope is all goes well, and I'll be a happy flyer again.  Thanks to the DJ I  group  they did come through for me. I am not sure DJ Diana, if I have received the Beta,  if not I will let you know. Thank you again for following up on my case I am very happy right now. Again, my hopes is that there are no following issues? Especially with this fromWare  update. So far,  all is well.
2017-11-20
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-16 23:45
Sorry for the late reply, I was on my holiday. I've escalated your case, hope we can get it sorted soon. As for the beta, I'll add it to next Monday.

I have checked and haven't seen anything on the beta. Are you sending it via email?
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-20 15:44
I have checked and haven't seen anything on the beta. Are you sending it via email?

Thanks for your update, the beta firmware has been added to you about 2 days ago, anyway, I've re-added it again, please double check it via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-20
Use props
geohei
lvl.3
Flight distance : 663061 ft
Luxembourg

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-11-16 23:54

This was my issue.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-119135-1-1.html

I bought the P4P at amazon.de little less than 1 year ago. I reported the rpoblem however to DJI, received an UPS shipping label and returned the drone free of charge. Today, UPS returned the RC. It's a new one. First tests revealed all is fine. The battery is charging. Will do more extensive tests tomorrow.  All looks good so far.

Bottom line ... all in all it took 1 week. 0 fees, 0 charge.

Great !!!
2017-11-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

geohei Posted at 2017-11-22 11:17
This was my issue.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-119135-1-1.html

Thanks for sharing your story with us, which provides us motivation to keep improving, hope you can enjoy the drone, happy flying!
2017-11-26
Use props
AlejanDron
New
Brazil

Hi, I have the same problem with the RC. I bought the Phantom 4 one year ago in USA. I live in Argentina, do you have local support in Argentina?
2017-11-28
Use props
AlejanDron
New
Brazil

Hi, I have the same problem. I bought the Phantom 4 one year ago in USA. I live in Argentina, do you have local support in Argentina?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

AlejanDron Posted at 2017-11-28 10:16
Hi, I have the same problem. I bought the Phantom 4 one year ago in USA. I live in Argentina, do you have local support in Argentina?

Unfortunately, there isn't a service center in Argentina. The closest dealer that is authorized to perform repairs would be in Chile. If you're interested in reaching out to them, you could look at their info via the link below:

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

2017-11-28
Use props
fansd11a18b7
lvl.1
Australia

my phantom 3 pro charger is not charging now either. just shows the first charging light flash for a little while then turns off. ive had my drone for a little over a year now so im guessing i warranty is out, does dji have a repair place in australia? id love to get it fixed so i can fly again otherwise i justhae this useless drone sitting at home.
has anyone in australia dealt with this or know of any places that can repair it?
2017-12-3
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

JogjaSky Posted at 2017-3-16 15:22
This is the component that has to be replaced on the RC centerboard https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/17342525_306054276478709_7052422288425442124_n.jpg?oh=509d611efcdeac2992e1e5a8b3581d34&oe=595CBBBA[/img]

Hi what components should be replaced on RC motherboard ?
2017-12-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

dani2013 Posted at 2017-12-7 06:32
Hi what components should be replaced on RC motherboard ?

There is a Youtube video online where a guy replaces the battery and the battery voltage balance board attached to it in his and it worked afterwards fifty times.  The threads under the video tell the parts off eBay for the board, but the battery is a smaller capacity (3,500mah 7.4v) as he couldn't find the exact OEM replacement to fit the holder.  Might be worth a shot.

I always store mine at something above half of the four LED lights or even a full charge.  If it drops below that, it might be a surge to balance them when switched on and the circuitry on the balance board blows so you only get two of four LEDs to show as one battery is taken offline.  That's my theory at least, and so far so good on a couple of RC boxes.  I also only charge the RC and batteries separate as the battery voltage surge may damage the lower RC voltage battery board should they somehow meet.  I'm not crazy about the brief flash of LED's when unplugging the charger from the RC and if a larger voltage spike of the battery should remain, maybe "Pow!" to the RC.

2017-12-7
Use props
fans63c57f70
New
Pakistan

Hi DJi you made a fool of us you made ruin everything my controller battery is not fixed till now I travelled miles to search for your dealer in pakistan I couldn't find one then I sent my controller to Dubai to get the problem fixed your dealers wanted a prove that's it legitimate and needed a receipt to accept it now this is the big time suck up I won't keep receipts of my purchases with me all the time but seriously you guys are of no help you only knows how to make profits and that's all no after sale services highly disappointed with all this sh*t. Tired of being running and wasting money as such I wished I never have bought it 200k Pakistani currency it's all sh*t.
2018-1-8
Use props
fans63c57f70
New
Pakistan

I never wanted to comment as such but you left me no choice i won't say good about you and I will try to spread my word to your high up personals so that they can stop making us fools as such and so that they can get little serious about there business and stop making profits for their useless and out order products
2018-1-8
Use props
vjanda1
lvl.1

Serbia

fans63c57f70 Posted at 2018-1-8 17:50
I never wanted to comment as such but you left me no choice i won't say good about you and I will try to spread my word to your high up personals so that they can stop making us fools as such and so that they can get little serious about there business and stop making profits for their useless and out order products

SOLUTION IN SIGHT ?!

I have decided to do a full investigation into the rc charging issue as DJI seem incompetent to do so themselves.

This seems to solve it:

I still have questions that need answering. Perhaps DJI will step up and at least help out here.

I opened up my Phantom 3 Advanced remote yesterday to investigate the charging issues I am having.

My drone has only flown a couple of times which made me doubt the internal rc battery already died. Sure enough, when I measured the voltage on both cells it showed 8.37v.
This is the same reading I am getting at the 4 pin input into which the battery plugs in when the rc is disassembled. The reading is the same regardless of whether the battery is connected or not. This eliminates a faulty battery from the equation.
The DJI app is only showing a 70% rc charge status.
When I plug in the charger into the rc I get 3 flashing white lights regardless of whether the battery is in the rc or not.

Can someone please tell me if  the 8.37v reading I am getting on battery is a 70% or full charge?

If it is a full charge then there is a component issue in the RC that is not reading the voltage correctly.
If this is the case I will attempt to reflow the component. Does anyone know where this voltage reading component it is located on the pcb?
I don't fancy reflowing parts that are fine.

2018-2-6
Use props
ovlovv70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26020 ft
United Kingdom

fansd57b6686 Posted at 2017-2-8 17:18
Same Issue Here. Since I bough, the controller charge to full firs time, them free leds, then 2 leds and now 3rd charge only couple of minutes an get de beep signal. here in chile cost 1600 USD. This is very frustrating.

With circuit board removed and turned over ,  immediately next to the rubber boot that covers the 5 display lights there is a 8 pin component which i believe is the regulator.I only reflowed this one
component and now everything is working.Can someone try this first and confirm their results.We may have this sorted.
2018-2-10
Use props
ovlovv70
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26020 ft
United Kingdom

Driller35 Posted at 2017-2-8 22:06
Yours sounds like what mine was doing, sent in for repair in Dec . Comes back and after a couple of times of recharging back to the same, Have resent in for repair , its like they have a mind of there own as charge showing 63% and leave plugged in charging and check a few hours later now at 51% which i belive is a false reading as well , cannot fly thru one bird battery and i am getting low RC battery warning, its now day number 5 in there hands and no movement according to Case Detail inquiry,

Possible fix if any members fix their charging problem please reply and let us know.
2018-2-11
Use props
RockyP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7507 ft
Malaysia

I have the same issue, my Inspire Remote (0D4JDCL0C20458) are not longer can’t change more than 30 second, the lights flash , the charger still work properly, still works for charging DJI Inspire @ TB50 battery
2018-4-24
Use props
fans9a437f7a
New
United States

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-18 18:43
I get the four LEDs that just flash one after the other. None of them stay on like the batteries for the drone. When I unplug the  charger and do a battery level check there is nothing. I've been charging for 8 hours now.

I have the same issue
2018-5-13
Use props
fans9a437f7a
New
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 19:27
So the RC could not be powered on right?

I get a beep and a flashing red light when I try to charge my controller, now what
2018-5-13
Use props
FolsomKyle
lvl.1
United States

Wow, awesome, 6 pages of "I have the same problem, please help". Well I have the same problem. I'm sure DJI at this point knows exactly what is causing this. I'm thinking about just rigging up my own external battery and charging it on the same lipo charger I use for my rc planes.
2018-5-27
Use props
dposea\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

Mine did this too. Downgrading the firmware fixes the charging lights somewhat, but once you upgrade to 1.9.3 you can't use your remote again. If the 1.9.3 upgrade fails your remote is now toast. I'm sure DJI can reset it, but I've tried everything I can think of to get mine flashed to 1.9.3 and nothing has worked. It fails at 35% using several versions of dji go 4, go 3, ios and android. I'll have to send it in I guess. I'm sure it's a screw up by dji attempting to stop drone hacking. Forced changes that cant be downgraded need to be fully tested prior to release, and these changes were not. Maybe there is a software fix DJI can give us.
2018-5-27
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

This is not software issue. In your RC is damaged 8pin voltage measurement IC chip CW2015CSAD. You can get it from ebay or alli. Cost few euro. If you have skills and equipment, you can reflow it by your selves. If not, then order part, bring RC with new part to any computer workshop and ask them to reflow component. It will be very cheap. On picture you can see RC board with already replaced component. I already fix "not charging" problem for many remotes.
2018-5-28
Use props
dposea\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

there has to be a reason for multiple failures after upgrading. no one had issues until the last couple of weeks. my RC is nearlt two years old, new ones fail too. Maybe something is stressing the chip, but its related to the update.
2018-5-28
Use props
klearshadow
lvl.1
United States

Icer Posted at 2018-5-28 03:00
This is not software issue. In your RC is damaged 8pin voltage measurement IC chip CW2015CSAD. You can get it from ebay or alli. Cost few euro. If you have skills and equipment, you can reflow it by your selves. If not, then order part, bring RC with new part to any computer workshop and ask them to reflow component. It will be very cheap. On picture you can see RC board with already replaced component. I already fix "not charging" problem for many remotes.[view_image]

Do you have  link as to where to purchase those chips from? Thanks in advance!
2018-6-8
Use props
Icer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431079 ft
Latvia

klearshadow Posted at 2018-6-8 06:36
Do you have  link as to where to purchase those chips from? Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Send PM to you.
2018-6-11
Use props
Nelsongc1
lvl.2

I just reflowed mine and it fixed the problem. It didn't take much heat and I used a butane iron and.  Followed the video instructions posted on this thread.  Charged to 100%.  I did have to recalibrate the sticks afterwards because it starting beeping.  Probably due to removing the cover.  Take you time and it isn't hard at all.  
2018-6-11
Use props
Dennyh34
lvl.1

United States

Why is there not a class action lawsuit against DJI?   I have had nothing but problems when I first got my Phantom 3 4k.  Now I am having the charge to 3 lights issue. I don't understand how this company is getting away Scottfree.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules