Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller Won't Charge
1234567Next >
76133 245 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone had an RC that won't receive a charge? I have been charging mine for 8 hours now, and when I disconnect the charger from the controller the battery does not show any bars. Any ideas on what to do? I have a $1399 drone that I can't use. Tried the online support but all I got was charge it for 6 hours, then they stopped answering my questions.

2016-4-18
Use props
catalyst666333
New

United States

How long have you had it
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

Just received it today. Haven't even had a chance to fly it yet.
2016-4-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-19 11:40
Just received it today. Haven't even had a chance to fly it yet.

When you plug the charger plug into the RC unit, do you get any LED's showing on the front panel? Some units have a dicey plug, you had to push it in quite firmly to make contact.
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-18 21:26
When you plug the charger plug into the RC unit, do you get any LED's showing on the front panel?  ...

I get the four LEDs that just flash one after the other. None of them stay on like the batteries for the drone. When I unplug the  charger and do a battery level check there is nothing. I've been charging for 8 hours now.
2016-4-18
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

DJI says to charge only One items at a Time, hope this takes care of your problems. I bought me other charger the other day, so now I have 2 and can charge separately in about one hour or less.

How many White light were Flashing on the Remote or Green Bars on the Battery
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

gosports1 Posted at 2016-4-18 21:46
DJI says to charge only One items at a Time, hope this takes care of your problems. I bought me othe ...

I have been charging one item at a time. I get all four white lights that will flash one after the other. The batteries I didn't have a problem with them.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, please make sure that the connectors are plugged in tightly 遥控器充电.JPG
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 22:03
Hello, please make sure that the connectors are plugged in tightly

It's in as tight as it will go.
2016-4-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-19 13:06

If the white lights on the RC unit come on one after the other in a sequence, from left to right and all 4 LEDs come on in a row, then that indicates the RC unit is fully charged. If you then unplug the charging lead and briefly press the 'On' button, all four LEDs should come on for as few seconds. If they don't light up, then there is something wrong with the RC unit and it should be returned to be exchanged.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-19 11:06

What is the power level of your RC now? Do the leds flash normally as what Geebax said?
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-18 22:11
If the white lights on the RC unit come on one after the other in a sequence, from left to right a ...

That's what I figured I would need to do, I was hoping there might have been a reset or something simple. I was hoping to fly without having to send a new remote back to DJI and waiting another week or more for a replacement.
2016-4-18
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-18 22:43
I get the four LEDs that just flash one after the other. None of them stay on like the batteries f ...

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly,My Remote Controller has 4 blinking lights  that's shows charging  also left to right sequence  I do not recall how long it took my remote controller to charge the 1st time. Good Luck
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 22:15
What is the power level of your RC now? Do the leds flash normally as what Geebax said?

The four white lights flash one after the other while the charger is plugged into it. Once I remove the charger and press the button to check the level nothing lights up. It appears as if the controller's battery is dead. It's been charging for 9 hours now.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-19 11:22
The four white lights flash one after the other while the charger is plugged into it. Once I remov ...

So the RC could not be powered on right?
2016-4-18
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-18 22:27
So the RC could not be powered on right?

Correct.

I did tried to power it while the charge is plugged into it and it will power up and the red light comes on, once I remove the charger cable it powers down.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

gevpool@hotmail Posted at 2016-4-19 11:29
Correct.

I did tried to power it while the charge is plugged into it and it will power up and th ...

You'd better to contact our service center in North America and send it to them:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-18
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Leave it plugged in until those LEDS stop flashing, and your RC will be charged. Once the lights go off, its charged. Read the manual buddy.
2016-4-19
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

gosports1 Posted at 2016-4-18 22:46
DJI says to charge only One items at a Time, hope this takes care of your problems. I bought me othe ...

Where did you buy an extra P4 charger? Even DJI themselves only sell the wall adapter for it, thats it, and when you have 4+ batteries, charging time can be long with only one charger.
2016-4-19
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-19 04:30
Leave it plugged in until those LEDS stop flashing, and your RC will be charged. Once the lights go  ...

Charged it for 15 hours now an the lights are still blinking, buddy. For something that has a 3:40 min charge time that is a little bit long.
2016-4-19
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RC is not seeing the batteries using the info that you have supplied. The RC is seeing the charger but it sounds like you have an open in the battery group itself. Most likely a broken or bad solder connection. Best to send it to the DJI Service Center for repair. Unfortunately these thing can happen.
2016-4-19
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-19 05:33
Where did you buy an extra P4 charger? Even DJI themselves only sell the wall adapter for it, that ...

It's been available for a few days in the DJI store.  Click on the link below:

DJI Phantom 4  100 watt Charger
2016-4-19
Use props
gevpool
lvl.1

United States

Just as I expected, being told that I needed to ship my brand new remote controller that I received yesterday in the mail back to DJI for repairs or replacement, that I should receive back in the next couple of weeks. So much for customer service and just sending out a new controller and refurbishing the poorly manufactured one they produced. Regretting my purchase already.
2016-4-19
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-19 04:33
Where did you buy an extra P4 charger? Even DJI themselves only sell the wall adapter for it, that ...

DJI is selling them now.
2016-4-19
Use props
MichaelS
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-19 11:11
If the white lights on the RC unit come on one after the other in a sequence, from left to right a ...

This is the behavior I am seeing on both of my 2 remotes. The lights never turn off but when I turn them on all 4 leds are solid and it is fully charged. It could be a FW gaff with the new X5R version....I hope!
2016-8-22
Use props
Jooos
New

Cyprus

Hello,

I have almost the same problem. 3 months old Phantom 4. I have send all the info to DJI.
Happened after i upgraded RC first instead of the Aircraft.

This is the video showing the behavior:

Anyone has any idea on this?
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jooos Posted at 2016-11-10 18:40
Hello,

I have almost the same problem. 3 months old Phantom 4. I have send all the info to DJI.

It seems like it's a calibration issue. Just to better troubleshoot, please try resetting the RC with the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Relink manually by performing the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Let me know if there are any changes.
2016-11-10
Use props
fansc00f9eac
New

United Kingdom

Hope will be fixed
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansc00f9eac Posted at 2016-12-1 11:05
Im having the same issue and I need drone for travel vacations in 8 days, I'm so disappointed with D ...

We feel so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
For the remote battery issue, if it's product faulty and covered by warranty after evaluation, we'd help you replace or repair it.
Thank you so much for your feedback, and we'd improve it and provide great products for you, thanks for your supporting again and wish you a nice travel!
2016-11-30
Use props
JerryTee
New
Flight distance : 244498 ft
Malaysia

Damn, i got the same remote control charging issue.i juz got my phantom 4 last saturday. very disappointed wit this matter.{:4_154:}
2016-12-5
Use props
Service Call
New

United States

Got similar problems with mine. Submitted a ticket to support, will see what happens

Hate to spend $200+ for a spare controller just to have the same issues.
2016-12-18
Use props
Yaypel
New

Turkey

İ have same problem how can solved. Help pleaae
2016-12-25
Use props
naieem
New

Trinidad and Tobago

My Phantom 4 rc is also giving a similar problem
2017-2-4
Use props
naieem
New

Trinidad and Tobago

My p4 is has a rc charging issue also,can anyone help?
2017-2-4
Use props
fansd8b91b11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141427 ft
Brazil

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-10 11:43
It seems like it's a calibration issue. Just to better troubleshoot, please try resetting the RC with the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

Hi DJI-Jaime
Could you please tell me if this procedure is only for rebind tx with the bird or it has also to do with RC not showing the four leds on battery test...
Coul you explain please.
Best regards
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansd8b91b11 Posted at 2017-2-8 01:43
Hi DJI-Jaime
Could you please tell me if this procedure is only for rebind tx with the bird or it has also to do with RC not showing the four leds on battery test...
Coul you explain please.

The first part of the instructions was to help with the RC's battery issue. The latter portion with the manual relink was to ensure that the RC is properly connected to the aircraft in order to read the information properly.
2017-2-8
Use props
fansd57b6686
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148727 ft
Argentina

Same Issue Here. Since I bough, the controller charge to full firs time, them free leds, then 2 leds and now 3rd charge only couple of minutes an get de beep signal. here in chile cost 1600 USD. This is very frustrating.
2017-2-8
Use props
fansd57b6686
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148727 ft
Argentina

After lot of testing, i get this results:
Try to flush all baterry with controller powered on and never stop. Always the alarm of low battery was running, and in the mobile the system says that the controller has 0% of battery.
I try a crazy thing, downgrade firmware 1.8.0 to 1.6.0, and woalla, CONTROLLER FIXED!!! Now is charging, showing battery up to 50% no signal of low battery, no beep when charging. Seems to be fixed the problem the firmware downgrade.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans50b8c0a7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3727782 ft
Australia

Hay G'day , I checked my controller the other day I charged to full lights turned off but it read 80% charge with only 3 lights when illuminated when I pushed the button to check charge  I have only 3 lights blinking when charging , left it on charge over night then turned every thing on connected to Dji go app it then read 61% charge. This is after 101 flights
2017-2-8
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Yours sounds like what mine was doing, sent in for repair in Dec . Comes back and after a couple of times of recharging back to the same, Have resent in for repair , its like they have a mind of there own as charge showing 63% and leave plugged in charging and check a few hours later now at 51% which i belive is a false reading as well , cannot fly thru one bird battery and i am getting low RC battery warning, its now day number 5 in there hands and no movement according to Case Detail inquiry,
2017-2-8
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules