468217 468217 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

phredi Posted at 2017-3-30 10:11
Received my Phantom3 4k earlier this week.  When I plug in the charger I get two flashing white lights that eventually turn off. My understanding is that all 4 white indicator lights should sequentially flash as it is charging then turn off when fully charged. When I connect to my ipad or phone the controller battery only shows 32% charged. I've left it to charge overnight and the most it ever shows is 32%.

Reading through this thread it sure seems like there's an issue with these controllers but I can't tell if it's hardware or software related.

phredi, sorry to hear about your issue. Don't waste your time and contact DJI support right away for RMA. Be prepared to wait. Luckily you love in states and ground shipping might be faster for you.
2017-3-30
Use props
fansa9803815
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue. Phantom 4 Pro. First time charge. First thing I did was upgrade firmware on both P4P and controller. The controller has been plugged into charger (very firmly) for 2 hours. Only light illuminated is first (left) white light - rapid blink. That's it. When charging my old Phantom 4 controller, I went from 0% to 100% in about 1 hour. Disappointed....
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansa9803815 Posted at 2017-4-6 14:19
I have the same issue. Phantom 4 Pro. First time charge. First thing I did was upgrade firmware on both P4P and controller. The controller has been plugged into charger (very firmly) for 2 hours. Only light illuminated is first (left) white light - rapid blink. That's it. When charging my old Phantom 4 controller, I went from 0% to 100% in about 1 hour. Disappointed....

I'm sorry to hear. If you just got it from a dealer, I would recommend getting an exchange. If you're outside of their exchange period, you can send the RC to DJI and they would be able to swap out the RC for you.
2017-4-6
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

fansa9803815 Posted at 2017-4-6 14:19

My friend, as great as the Phantom products are, their customer support has anything else but not North American standards. I am so dissapointed. I wish I knew this before spending my money on their product.
Your only choice is to upload a YouTube video and show it to DJI customer support ASAP. They'll send you a UPS shipping label and arm yourself with tons of patience. Despite the fact they got my RC two weeks ago a supervisor is telling me he cannot confirm a shipping date. I see another client waiting for 5 weeks.

These guys don't have stock. That's why they can't ship anything back. They are waiting for the next shipping from China via oversea container.
Edit: 5 minutes ago I got their automated e-mail confirming they shipped my RC. I guess they just issued the shipping label as UPS doesn't recognize yet the tracking number. If the parcel gets picked up tomorrow morning I might get it next Friday. Well, next Friday is Good Friday so everything is closed Offf
2017-4-6
Use props
fansa9803815
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-6 14:45
My friend, as great as the Phantom products are, their customer support has anything else but not North American standards. I am so dissapointed. I wish I knew this before spending my money on their product.
Your only choice is to upload a YouTube video and show it to DJI customer support ASAP. They'll send you a UPS shipping label and arm yourself with tons of patience. Despite the fact they got my RC two weeks ago a supervisor is telling me he cannot confirm a shipping date. I see another client waiting for 5 weeks.

I just contacted the seller and insisted he send me a replacement controller at once (and charge my CC; issue credit when he receives the defective controller from me). No good reason for me to be inconvenienced any longer. I have dirt to scratch and eggs to lay. It's on their side of the ledger now. They simply need to make it right, even if it means taking a hit on shipping. They need to do the right thing - whatever it takes. That's the cost of doing business.
2017-4-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-6 14:45

I just checked the tracking number, it's updated.
Hope you would receive it soon, sorry again for the difficulties you've been caused, we keep improving to make your experience with us better.
Thanks for your support!
2017-4-6
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-6 18:06
I just checked the tracking number, it's updated.
Hope you would receive it soon, sorry again for the difficulties you've been caused, we keep improving to make your experience with us better.
Thanks for your support!

Thanks Natalia! I got the e-mail last night. It took long and my frustration came from the fact I purchased a DOA product and I was expecting a prompt North American customer service.
Thanks again! Don't take it personal but the management behind you should see the level of frustration built up by the slow response from the technical team.
2017-4-7
Use props
TwoGodd
New
Flight distance : 107930 ft
Russia

Just received Phantom 4 from China. I live in Russia. I have such a problem with charging the console:

I called the local service center (unofficial). They said that it was because of the drone of the American supply, and in America it was a different strain. Can this be true?
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Callatis Posted at 2017-4-7 09:26
Thanks Natalia! I got the e-mail last night. It took long and my frustration came from the fact I purchased a DOA product and I was expecting a prompt North American customer service.
Thanks again! Don't take it personal but the management behind you should see the level of frustration built up by the slow response from the technical team.

Callatis, thanks for your feedback, I do understand your feelings. We've reported this concern to the management, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TwoGodd Posted at 2017-4-9 06:33
Just received Phantom 4 from China. I live in Russia. I have such a problem with charging the console:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cShLNnbEjsI
I called the local service center (unofficial). They said that it was because of the drone of the American supply, and in America it was a different strain. Can this be true?

It seems the remote is not working properly.
Just to verify, you can charge the battery, right?
You purchased it from a dealer in China?
2017-4-9
Use props
TwoGodd
New
Flight distance : 107930 ft
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-9 20:18
It seems the remote is not working properly.
Just to verify, you can charge the battery, right?
You purchased it from a dealer in China?

I tried to run P4 - I did not encounter any problems.
The battery is charging without problems.
The remote control is charged up to 40-50% and then stops charging. When I try to connect the charger again, the lights flash 10-30 seconds and then stop flashing.
Yes, drone was ordered from a dealer in China and sent to me by post.
2017-4-10
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Well after 3 weeks since I sent my controller back to hong kong I will finally get it back tomorrow according to the tracking. It would have been nice if DJI had made an exception to their policies since this is arguably a common problem  and fixed it locally under warranty so I wasn't out of pocket $70 but I guess that will reflect on my future drone purchases. {:4_154:}
2017-4-10
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-9 19:37
Callatis, thanks for your feedback, I do understand your feelings. We've reported this concern to the management, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.

I have some good feedback Natalia, when you have so many people having the same problem with there controllers or any other product for that matter, regardless of where they purchased it or what ever your POLICIES say, don't make them pay for shipping to send it half way across the world for warranty repair when It can be done locally. Incase you didn't notice I'm still really p1ssed that I'm out of pocket $70 because common sense and good customer/business service didn't prevail. DJI needs to learn how to compromise with it's customers and not act like pre programed robots. I know your only doing your job and I appreciate that and I can't stress enough that this is not aimed at you but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth and if I was looking to buy a new drone right now I can assure you it wouldn't be another DJI one and that really sucks because I love my P4. I just don't love parting with much needed money because of stupid policies and no compromise.   
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TwoGodd Posted at 2017-4-10 04:52
I tried to run P4 - I did not encounter any problems.
The battery is charging without problems.
The remote control is charged up to 40-50% and then stops charging. When I try to connect the charger again, the lights flash 10-30 seconds and then stop flashing.

Since we do not provide the international warranty, you need contact the dealer to help you get it resolved.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-4-10 06:51
I have some good feedback Natalia, when you have so many people having the same problem with there controllers or any other product for that matter, regardless of where they purchased it or what ever your POLICIES say, don't make them pay for shipping to send it half way across the world for warranty repair when It can be done locally. Incase you didn't notice I'm still really p1ssed that I'm out of pocket $70 because common sense and good customer/business service didn't prevail. DJI needs to learn how to compromise with it's customers and not act like pre programed robots. I know your only doing your job and I appreciate that and I can't stress enough that this is not aimed at you but this has left a bitter taste in my mouth and if I was looking to buy a new drone right now I can assure you it wouldn't be another DJI one and that really sucks because I love my P4. I just don't love parting with much needed money because of stupid policies and no compromise.

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion, we care much of customers' experience on our products and service, and working hard to improve so you can enjoy with us. I'll let the management know your words, appreciate your support!
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mic75 Posted at 2017-4-10 06:22
Well after 3 weeks since I sent my controller back to hong kong I will finally get it back tomorrow according to the tracking. It would have been nice if DJI had made an exception to their policies since this is arguably a common problem  and fixed it locally under warranty so I wasn't out of pocket $70 but I guess that will reflect on my future drone purchases.

I'm pleased to hear you'will receive it soon, hope you enjoy it.
And thanks for your feedback, hope it would be more flexible.
2017-4-10
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-10 19:33
I'm pleased to hear you'will receive it soon, hope you enjoy it.
And thanks for your feedback, hope it would be more flexible.

Hi Natalia, hopefully it won't fall on deff ears. You will be pleased to know my controller arrived and all is good, I'm back in the air and a little less p1ssed  about what it cost me. Thank you for your as always great help. I don't suppose you could wrangle me a $70 discount on an extra P4 battery to help smooth things over.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans86654913
New
United States

A friend of mine had this happen to his controller. I dissembled it and installed the battery from my controller in his to see if it would fix the problem. His first light stayed blinking. I swapped the battery back into my controller and it worked perfect. Something is wrong with the voltage sensor inside the controller telling it that the battery voltage is low when its really not. I checked the battery output voltage with my fluke meter and it read 8.3v. I also hooked in a test light to see watch the voltage drop and it only had a .2v drop. Dji needs to fix whatever issue they are having inside of the controller be it a voltage sensor or a firmware issue. Either way its ridiculous considering how much these products are. I own 2 Dji drones and i will never buy another just because of these little issues alot of people are having.
2017-4-21
Use props
drumship
New
Flight distance : 102303 ft
United States

i am in the same situation. I opened a ticket 2 weeks ago and finally have a shipping label to send it back. Very slow warranty process!
2017-5-2
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

Unscrew your controller and plug the battery off from inside.
2017-5-2
Use props
Nikodemo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254324 ft

Argentina

I am having a serious problem in the RC of my Phantom, it does not load more than 2 lights and I can not fly 1 battery of the ship ... someone found some solution ?? .. I would like a serious company like DJI Of a response to this serious problem since these devices cost a lot of money, but if now you have to replace the RC..Thank you.
2017-5-3
Use props
Nikodemo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254324 ft

Argentina

John_Davis Posted at 2017-2-9 19:06
Its incredible but this is like a software fail . Test The Controller use IT With 0% Battery and you will see that The Controller still Have Battery . Sorry my bad speak, I'm from argentina

Hola, yo tambien soy argentino y tengo este problema con el RC del Phantom...pudiste solucionarlo??...abrazo...
2017-5-3
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Update, second controller showing the same symptoms after a month and a half of working flawlessly , i am not impressed one bit with this POS garbage , and we know from the boards this is a well known problem , does someone have an absolute fix for these, as sending in for round three and spending my hard earned dollars on shipping is not a solution, have a phantom 2 Vision plus and remote control still work s like day one
2017-5-3
Use props
mepro4plus
New
United States

Is there a resolve for this?  My p4p + is doing the same thing and I've only had it for 3 weeks.  I think it's going back for a full refund.
2017-5-14
Use props
fansf651c0d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85404 ft
United States

I bought mine as a $1600 package. Been flying it few times until last week when i nticed my Remote Controller is not charging. It will only go until 43% and it suck up power so fast when im flying. There are a lot of complaints about this in the web but DJI is ignoring it. I tried to contact them but their customer support is worthless. Just like you, im stuck with this expensive brick that i cant use
2017-5-14
Use props
fanse2995abe
New
Flight distance : 561 ft
Philippines

I have the same problem! Mine worked fine till about 2 weeks ago when I tried to fly my P4 and the RC indicated it had a low battery so I charged it and within 5minutes it stopped. So I turned it on within 3min it was again low batt! Help please!
2017-5-15
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

Got my Phantom 4 Pro about a month ago and from the get go, the remote controller was glitchy when charging. It would get to about 80% and then the LEDs would flash erratically. Didn't matter how long it was on the charger, the LEDs would just flash erratically. (See attached video)

I sent the RC in two weeks ago and the replacement still hasn't shipped. The last person I talked to at DJI said the replacement was approved and ready for UPS to pick up. That was last Wednesday (and it's now Monday) and still no notices from UPS.

I've basically been out of commission since purchasing the P4P nearly a month ago. I should have just sent it back to DJI for a refund. Customer service doesn't appear to be a high priority for DJI.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans0407831b
New
Flight distance : 63350 ft
United States

I am having the same issues with my controller. Plug it in, first light flares then goes off  completely. I've had my drone for 6 months  have about 30 flights. Guess I'll send mine back as well. Hope Dji figures a solution for this, because i'm reading the replacement controllers are having the same issues.
2017-5-23
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

fans0407831b Posted at 2017-5-23 18:37
I am having the same issues with my controller. Plug it in, first light flares then goes off  completely. I've had my drone for 6 months  have about 30 flights. Guess I'll send mine back as well. Hope Dji figures a solution for this, because i'm reading the replacement controllers are having the same issues.

Same problem here. Send it back, wait 3-4 weeks. It works now.
2017-5-23
Use props
Leelobran
New
Brazil

Having the same problem. I live in Brazil and have had the Phantom 4  for about six months maybe, after upgrading from the Phantom 3 pro. Last week I updated the RC and the Drone and Batteries to the new firmware and now my RC will not charge past 60% and uses battery life super fast while flying. This means I can fly my drone for one battery life however my RC will run out of battery faster than my drone battery. Which means my other four support batteries are now rather expensive paper weights. I normally fly the drone over large forests here in Brazil which means I have no realistic way of charging the RC between flights (even if I had that much spare time which I don't).

Is this related to the firmware update or was it just coincidence that this happened to me just after I updated the firmware? Please help as we need this drone working asap for a project we are working on.
2017-5-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans86654913 Posted at 2017-4-21 18:24
A friend of mine had this happen to his controller. I dissembled it and installed the battery from my controller in his to see if it would fix the problem. His first light stayed blinking. I swapped the battery back into my controller and it worked perfect. Something is wrong with the voltage sensor inside the controller telling it that the battery voltage is low when its really not. I checked the battery output voltage with my fluke meter and it read 8.3v. I also hooked in a test light to see watch the voltage drop and it only had a .2v drop. Dji needs to fix whatever issue they are having inside of the controller be it a voltage sensor or a firmware issue. Either way its ridiculous considering how much these products are. I own 2 Dji drones and i will never buy another just because of these little issues alot of people are having.

There is some web post where the guy found the voltage regulator to be at fault and needed to be changed if this occurs.

I've been having issues with the Samsungs being plugged into the RC and the USB says Charging the phone or tablet rather than allowing GO to run as it should and connect properly.  I don't know if the charging is maybe damaging the voltage controller in the RC as well as trying to power it and the tablet/phone.  After some time, the USB will change out of charging and allow the Samsungs to connect to GO and run.  Something is wrong someplace.

2017-5-26
Use props
fansffe1461f
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem for me as well.  Nearly new unit and now i have to send it back and be out of commission for weeks.  Very poor experience.  Why not just swap it?!!!!
2017-5-26
Use props
fansffe1461f
lvl.1
Canada

mic75 Posted at 2017-4-10 06:51

AMEN TO YOU AND YOUR COMMENTS.  WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEED TO GO THROUGH THIS.
2017-5-26
Use props
denisburkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117375 ft
Russia

I have the problem of a hedgehog
dji ignores it and just sends a paid workshop
I am very disappointed in the DJI
problem is a defective device

2017-5-29
Use props
fansffe1461f
lvl.1
Canada

fansffe1461f Posted at 2017-5-26 19:09
AMEN TO YOU AND YOUR COMMENTS.  WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEED TO GO THROUGH THIS.

I have sent mine back for investigation.  Let's see what support i get.
2017-6-2
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Checked the powerpoint is ok?
2017-6-3
Use props
fans1a42999a
lvl.1
United States

I also have this issue, will not charge past one light. Very unhappy.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans1a42999a
lvl.1
United States

How do I send mine back for investigation?
2017-6-20
Use props
Jonded
New
Flight distance : 360302 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue.  Controller won't charge up past 50% supposedly, but I've flown with the battery going down to 0% and still works fine.  Definitely seems like its an issue on the remote with battery voltage sensing.  DJI needs to fix this issue.  How many people does DJI need to see reporting the same issue until they acknowledge its a problem?!?
2017-6-21
Use props
Quickslip
New
Flight distance : 9820 ft
United States

I am also experiencing the same RC battery charging failure after only 4 months of owning this drone. It is a shame that DJI is not able to step and admit the problem, and more importantly - address it quickly.
I am on the fence about sending mine in and having to wait 3-4 weeks to get it back. Although without it, I have no flight capability - so what can i do! How often does DJI Natalia visit this thread?
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules