Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller Won't Charge
76123 245 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-25 14:49
I wanted to be reply number 160, don't know why? However after going back and seeing everyone having the same issue I believe DJI NEEDS TO CHIME IN HERE....why? Why? Why? Is this going on? What is left to be said? I just hope that DJI LISTENS TO THE CRY???? I have a case number if anyone in DJI wants to assist me through this????

My case number is 1146157-L9Q2L6 if by chance an administrator would like to assis me through this???
2017-10-25
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

I had same problem.  I had to open a repair request and send it in.  
2017-10-25
Use props
Dan P4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

I had same prob. Opened repair request, sent it in, they sent new controller back. Whole thing took about 2 weeks.
2017-10-25
Use props
mit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215951 ft
India

I haven't used my drone for 3-4 months and now when i try to charge my RC controller it shows blinking LEDs for 15 seconds and then it goes off but when i turn it on in app i can see its charging up. I kept it charging that way for an hour and i can see 55% battery in app.

Also, i did the remote firmware upgrade but having the same issue.

And yeah its keeps beeping sometimes when i keep it charging and turn it on.

Let me know what should i do ?
My drone is Phantom 4 and RC is GL300C
2017-10-25
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

mit Posted at 2017-10-25 20:19
I haven't used my drone for 3-4 months and now when i try to charge my RC controller it shows blinking LEDs for 15 seconds and then it goes off but when i turn it on in app i can see its charging up. I kept it charging that way for an hour and i can see 55% battery in app.

Also, i did the remote firmware upgrade but having the same issue.

You should go on dji's website, go to tech support and chat online about ur repair. The 1800 number got me nowhere?
2017-10-26
Use props
mit
lvl.1
India

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-26 03:41
You should go on dji's website, go to tech support and chat online about ur repair. The 1800 number got me nowhere?

yes  i talked to them but they want me to send my RC to their address and i am in india. They dont have any service station in india.
2017-10-26
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

mit Posted at 2017-10-26 04:05
yes  i talked to them but they want me to send my RC to their address and i am in india. They dont have any service station in india.

Not sure what to tell you as I am in the US?
2017-10-26
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-26 04:08
Not sure what to tell you as I am in the US?

Here is my latest update:

I am 43 hours in from being told I WOULD GET AN EMAIL WITHIN 24-48 HOURS?
2017-10-26
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-26 06:06
Here is my latest update:

I am 43 hours in from being told I WOULD GET AN EMAIL WITHIN 24-48 HOURS?

I gave the wrong email???
2017-10-26
Use props
EM1
New
United States

I have a problem with my remote not charging.  The first time I sent it in a software upgrade was done, but the remote was not repaired.  I sent it back and now continue to wait for its return.  Multiple emails and phone calls have happened, but no remote has been returned.  Any suggestions??
2017-10-26
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

EM1 Posted at 2017-10-26 06:39
I have a problem with my remote not charging.  The first time I sent it in a software upgrade was done, but the remote was not repaired.  I sent it back and now continue to wait for its return.  Multiple emails and phone calls have happened, but no remote has been returned.  Any suggestions??

So far here is where I am: After checking the screen shots I took of my conversation with Aaron at the dji online tech chat team. I noticed I gave Aaron the wrong email address,so  I went back on line and was on a chat with Lennard. He was able to retrieve the email that was sent and corrected my email address. He sent the email out to me which I received with minutes. After having printer problems I was able to print out the email at the ups store. I packaged up the controller and shipped it out. Suppose to be by Thursday next week (Nov 2nd). THANKS to the dji team so far it has gone smooth once email address was corrected. Since my controller is under warranty, my hopes is they ship out a replacement as soon as possible so i can get to what I like doing.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Duckster Posted at 2017-10-24 05:39
Another DJI success s story. After having encountered the same problem, ie, controller only charging  to 50-60%, decided to call the Australian support number and  realised I was put through to support in China. After I explained the problem, it was suggested that I down graded the firmware to 1.5.?  and  then subsequently upgrade  to latest firmware.
Well, firmware was downgraded OK, however, only managed to upgrade to 16.0.? and it all came to a grinding halt.  Long story, short answer, I bricked the controller and is now on it's way, including the Phantom to the Melbourne Repair Centre.  I am pretty cheesed off with myself, should have ignored the support suggestion and I would still be able to fly my bird, Not a happy camper.

Sorry for this, we'll take care of it after it arrives, may I have your case number? I'll keep an eye on it as well.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-26 14:11
So far here is where I am: After checking the screen shots I took of my conversation with Aaron at the dji online tech chat team. I noticed I gave Aaron the wrong email address,so  I went back on line and was on a chat with Lennard. He was able to retrieve the email that was sent and corrected my email address. He sent the email out to me which I received with minutes. After having printer problems I was able to print out the email at the ups store. I packaged up the controller and shipped it out. Suppose to be by Thursday next week (Nov 2nd). THANKS to the dji team so far it has gone smooth once email address was corrected. Since my controller is under warranty, my hopes is they ship out a replacement as soon as possible so i can get to what I like doing.

We'll take care of it, I'll keep an eye on your case as well, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know, I'll check it for you.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

EM1 Posted at 2017-10-26 06:39

Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check what happened?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

mit Posted at 2017-10-26 04:05

Where did you purchase the drone? I would recommend you contact the retailer, see if they can help you to deal with it.
2017-10-26
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-26 21:09
Where did you purchase the drone? I would recommend you contact the retailer, see if they can help you to deal with it.

Hello DJI DIANA not sure who you are addressing? Is it me??
2017-10-27
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-27 05:03

My case number is 1146157-L9Q2L6. DIANA my hopes is once you guys receive my controller that a new replacement is sent as soon as possible? This is a very great time of the year in the north east, specifically on LONG ISLAND in the great state of NY where the leafs are starting to change colors and dropping off the trees??? I would like to get back to flying as soon as I can?
2017-10-27
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-27 07:46
My case number is 1146157-L9Q2L6. DIANA my hopes is once you guys receive my controller that a new replacement is sent as soon as possible? This is a very great time of the year in the north east, specifically on LONG ISLAND in the great state of NY where the leafs are starting to change colors and dropping off the trees??? I would like to get back to flying as soon as I can?

I bought my drone from a BBEST BUY. I did contact them and they told me it's a dji issue with the controllers? They also stated that there are many customers having the same issues. My unit is still under manufacturer warranty it is approximately 10 months since I bought it. I have had a lot of fun with my drone successful flying. I am 53 years old, my kids are grown, and I am the only using my drone. I waiting to update firmware as I try to wait for the bugs to be worked out. I stay connected with the phantom pilot forum and was seeing all these issues pop up after the firmware. I have updated before and I think I have followed instructions. But tons of people are running into the same problem? I believe a recall should had been done so as to avoid all the negative response with a simple firmware update? I paid over $1300.00 for this unit and well I'm lost for words right now? But Thanks, for volunteering to see me through this? I sent the controller with your provided label using the ups store back to you guys in CA yesterday? Is is scheduled to arrive to you no later than THURSDAY NOV 2, 2017, next week.
2017-10-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

DeeD, she was addressing you in post #173 above if you read the header.

Given UPS Ground will take 5-8 days (including weekend rollovers) one-way East to West coast, and 2-3 weeks in service, I'd guess it to take about 4-5 weeks given shipping.  The RC you get back may look different too as they might sub it for a refurb per their warranty terms.  I doubt it will be new, but let's hope for that.

Good luck with the replacement one.
2017-10-27
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-27 08:11
DeeD, she was addressing you in post #173 above if you read the header.

Given UPS Ground will take 5-8 days (including weekend rollovers) one-way East to West coast, and 2-3 weeks in service, I'd guess it to take about 4-5 weeks given shipping.  The RC you get back may look different too as they might sub it for a refurb per their warranty terms.  I doubt it will be new, but let's hope for that.

Thanks for the heads up? What I don't understand is why wouldn't they just ship out a replacement right away, knowing what they know? If is refurbished, I am ok with that, hopefully it would one that would not give me the same problem. About they shipping, I guess I should have just paid for two day shipping just to get the process going quicker????? Again THANKS for chiming in???
2017-10-27
Use props
Kelso88
lvl.1

Canada

How long does it take them to receive it? Ups says delivered yesterday early morning. The repair tracking doesn't show them having it yet. And being Friday that's just going to add an other week wait time. It's frustrating waiting so long for a replacement. They should take your credit card info and pre bill you the cost of the item and ship you a new one and if you don't ship the broken one back then they bill you for it.
2017-10-27
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

Kelso88 Posted at 2017-10-27 11:11
How long does it take them to receive it? Ups says delivered yesterday early morning. The repair tracking doesn't show them having it yet. And being Friday that's just going to add an other week wait time. It's frustrating waiting so long for a replacement. They should take your credit card info and pre bill you the cost of the item and ship you a new one and if you don't ship the broken one back then they bill you for it.

I hear what you are saying, I believe that being that they know that there is a problem out there with these controllers. Once they verify that the unit is under warranty, which typically means you have had the unit less than a year. Unless, you have the dji fresh care? Sorry, I know I am not saying it correctly, but probably some sort of extended warranty? However, once warranty is verified, and knowing all the complaints, and issues with these controllers, they should be shipping out replacements. No one has a need to keep a faulty controller, at least not I. They send you a return label, postage paid, for the faulty unit, why would someone who is a serious drone flyer, willing to pay over $1300.00, have the need to keep a faulty unit?? Another thing, we are talking about the controller and not the bird???
2017-10-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'll toss out a couple of theories as to why this RC failure happens.

One seems to be after one does an update to the RC and blames the update.  Most of us will make sure the RC battery is charged prior to doing the update.  If so, could be that during the update, the charged battery is being taxed to the point that the balance circuit on top of the battery burns out on one side and why the RC shows only 2 of 4 LEDs after the process (i.e. Now half of the two LiPos being seen.).

Another may be if one charges both the flight battery out of the drone, which runs at a higher voltage than the RC, being charged at the same time as the RC battery and a surge appears from the flight battery to the RC battery and blows out the lower voltage balance circuit board as well.  I've never been happy to see the RC LEDs flash brightly when unplugging the charger as it seems such a spike could do some other damage.

The balance circuit board, which is my guess as to what is failing inside the LiPo pack, is cheap at often less than $3 new.  You can find them on eBay if you look for: 2S 8A 7.4V 8.4V w/Balance Li-ion Lithium 18650 Battery BMS Protection PCB Board.

My two-cent opinion, but I haven't smoked a RC controller yet either.

2017-10-27
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

You know I thought my remote wasn't charging either, and I could have sworn I had it pushed in all the way. I could have sworn. But then saw a vid where the guy you really needed to push it hard, and sure enough, it did go in further. Not saying that's your problem, but you really do have to push on it, above and beyond what you might think.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-27 07:58
I bought my drone from a BBEST BUY. I did contact them and they told me it's a dji issue with the controllers? They also stated that there are many customers having the same issues. My unit is still under manufacturer warranty it is approximately 10 months since I bought it. I have had a lot of fun with my drone successful flying. I am 53 years old, my kids are grown, and I am the only using my drone. I waiting to update firmware as I try to wait for the bugs to be worked out. I stay connected with the phantom pilot forum and was seeing all these issues pop up after the firmware. I have updated before and I think I have followed instructions. But tons of people are running into the same problem? I believe a recall should had been done so as to avoid all the negative response with a simple firmware update? I paid over $1300.00 for this unit and well I'm lost for words right now? But Thanks, for volunteering to see me through this? I sent the controller with your provided label using the ups store back to you guys in CA yesterday? Is is scheduled to arrive to you no later than THURSDAY NOV 2, 2017, next week.

Just checked it, the package is still in transit, we'll take care of it after it arrives, no worries, we'll do our best to get it sorted out ASAP.
2.jpg
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion you have been caused, this one is for you.
3.png
2017-10-29
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-29 20:26
Just checked it, the package is still in transit, we'll take care of it after it arrives, no worries, we'll do our best to get it sorted out ASAP.

THANKS, DJI DIANA, I was going to check that today? THANKS SO MUCH for your personal attention. I am just hoping the turnaround doesn't take long. My hopes is that you guys will send out a replacement so I can get back to flying?
2017-10-30
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DNR 1 Posted at 2017-10-28 01:03
You know I thought my remote wasn't charging either, and I could have sworn I had it pushed in all the way. I could have sworn. But then saw a vid where the guy you really needed to push it hard, and sure enough, it did go in further. Not saying that's your problem, but you really do have to push on it, above and beyond what you might think.

Thanks for the input, tried it, not successful.
2017-10-30
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-27 17:36
I'll toss out a couple of theories as to why this RC failure happens.

One seems to be after one does an update to the RC and blames the update.  Most of us will make sure the RC battery is charged prior to doing the update.  If so, could be that during the update, the charged battery is being taxed to the point that the balance circuit on top of the battery burns out on one side and why the RC shows only 2 of 4 LEDs after the process (i.e. Now half of the two LiPos being seen.).

Not sure why this has happened, i flew my drone using the remote while plugged in. All is well except that the rc just won't charge, I only get one light and within seconds I get the low battery beep?
2017-10-30
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-30 10:23
Not sure why this has happened, i flew my drone using the remote while plugged in. All is well except that the rc just won't charge, I only get one light and within seconds I get the low battery beep?

The good thing is I am still under warranty, and my hopes is that DJI sends a replacement as soon as they receive the rc?
2017-10-30
Use props
Rick70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4783 ft
United States

HELLO DJI     Why are you not telling us P4 pilots what is going on with these controllers??????????????
2017-10-30
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
United States

I had exactly the same problem, I opened a call and I sent for maintenance in the USA
There was no repair and I received a new one for the warranty
Everything happened perfectly
2017-10-30
Use props
mit
lvl.1
India

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-26 21:09

I am from India Gujarat and there aren't any authorized retailers here so you won't be able to provide me service here. If you can help just let me know how should i troubleshoot it because i have to do it by myself.

I found out that RC was charging slowly for awhile so i kept it on charge for few hours and then when i connected it to drone and battery was draining faster so i guess its the battery.
2017-10-30
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

mit Posted at 2017-10-30 22:16
I am from India Gujarat and there aren't any authorized retailers here so you won't be able to provide me service here. If you can help just let me know how should i troubleshoot it because i have to do it by myself.

I found out that RC was charging slowly for awhile so i kept it on charge for few hours and then when i connected it to drone and battery was draining faster so i guess its the battery.

Good luck!
2017-10-31
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI DIANA I just track my package ups tracking shows a scan at 6:46 am in Vernon CA?
2017-10-31
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-10-31 09:16
Hello DJI DIANA I just track my package ups tracking shows a scan at 6:46 am in Vernon CA?

Hello DJI DIANA?  I have tracked my package and ups tracking shows a destination scan this morning at 5:43 am? Can we please confirm that? Also with all the issues going on with these units can you please send me a replacement (new unit,I hope) ASAP? Secondly what is being done to correct the problem with these units???
2017-11-1
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-1 08:46
Hello DJI DIANA?  I have tracked my package and ups tracking shows a destination scan this morning at 5:43 am? Can we please confirm that? Also with all the issues going on with these units can you please send me a replacement (new unit,I hope) ASAP? Secondly what is being done to correct the problem with these units???

Ultimately, we need a fix for the problems? What is happening with a fix? How is DJI handling the big picture problem here?
2017-11-1
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-1 08:49
Ultimately, we need a fix for the problems? What is happening with a fix? How is DJI handling the big picture problem here?

Okay here is the latest with my case:

DJI received my unit on Tuesday October 31st, it is just sitting there.
Just got off on a chat with dji support they say it will minimum of two weeks before a replace,net is shipped to me??? They have my unit it's under warranty, they know that there is an issue after updating firmware but they won't ship out replacement for two weeks why? Maybe they will hold my unit till after watt antsy is up, so that I would have to pay? I am going of the hook here. Just super frustrated. If DJI wouldn't have released the firmware update I and MANY OTHERS would still be flying???...?. There should have been a recall for the controllers. Why do the customers have to suffer??? Replacement units should shipped back to the CUSTOMERS once DJI receives the units???.

The big picture is that DJI puts out firmware updates as these updates generally are positive and units are updated without issues. I know moving forward DJI drone flyers will have to protect the,selves from updates??? WHY.?? These firmware updates are made to make the flying experience easy, not so that they blow up controllers and have the DJI flying community in an uproar.

Not sure that DJI reviews the forum posts as they should? Why hasn't a fix for the main issue been done yet??? All talk about firmware fixing, while testing betas to correct the awful latest firmware update, what is DJI doing to fix the problem they caused.

In my case a REPLACEMENT should be shipped ASAP!!!!!! Maybe it would reestablish my confidence in the product.

I have a Thanksgiving trip to Massachusetts, I would love to be able to bring my drone with me. I have started to check other drones to buy, as I love flying. Believe me, I am not looking at DJI 's products right now. Get this I have to buy another drone for my trip to Massachusetts when I have paid over $1300.00 for a DJI PHANTOM 4. MY UNIT IS ONLY 10 MONTHS OLD, STILL UNDER WARRANY, BUT I HAVE BEEN GROUNDED BY THE ALMIGHY DJI. Just send me a REPLACEMENT NOW? Why do we have to wait 2 weeks, for what????
2017-11-2
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-2 11:12
Okay here is the latest with my case:

DJI received my unit on Tuesday October 31st, it is just sitting there.

DJI DIANA posted that she would assist through the process? I posted on Tuesday that my unit was scanned at the destination at 5:43 am. I haven't heard a word back yet????? I hate being a complainer, but the fact remains that the latest firmware update was horrible to put out. It has been causing major issues, one of them being the controller not charging. There should be a recall for these controllers, at the very least REPLACEMENTS should be shipped upon receiveing the defects, why do the CUSTOMERS have to SUFFER.?? I should be in the air right now?????
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-2 11:17
DJI DIANA posted that she would assist through the process? I posted on Tuesday that my unit was scanned at the destination at 5:43 am. I haven't heard a word back yet????? I hate being a complainer, but the fact remains that the latest firmware update was horrible to put out. It has been causing major issues, one of them being the controller not charging. There should be a recall for these controllers, at the very least REPLACEMENTS should be shipped upon receiveing the defects, why do the CUSTOMERS have to SUFFER.?? I should be in the air right now?????

Just checked your case, CAS-1146157-L9Q2L6, the package has been received by the repair center, we've sent an email to you today, please check it. Besides, should you have any further questions about this case, please click the "Reply" button under MY POST, so I can get a reminder, will be able to reply you in time.
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules